PDA

View Full Version : How to?

pops
03-12-2013, 18:56
Just got my RnR Bed and need to fix it in my Merc vito. I Have asked 2 different men, and they are contradictin each other. One saying through the chasis into the frame of the bed, without a suport in the gap of chasi, and the other says it does'nt matter. I want it secure as possiable... Any and all advice please.

FULL TIMER
03-12-2013, 19:17
In most cases they are just bolted through the vehicle floor avoiding chassis sections, using big flat washers or metal plates between underside of floor and the nut, might be certain size plates/washers or bolt types needed if it is a type approved seat designed for carrying passengers,

pops
03-12-2013, 19:38
The seat will carry 2 children. I have long threaded bolts appx 6inch with washers and plates, and no one has mentioned going straight through the floor. would this be safe in an accident, and not break away from the floor. Thanks.

oldish hippy
03-12-2013, 21:07
prefer to use nylock nuts to stop them vibrating loose or nylock on the thread the large plates spread the load in case of accident

FULL TIMER
03-12-2013, 21:18
I've never seen any seats in the ambulances we have worked on fitted any different ( unless they are the type that fit in tracking) they normally have steel plates around 2 inches wide under the floor running inline with the seat base holes front to rear approx 2 inches past the front and rear holes where possible other than that a 2 x 2 inch plate for individual holes. although from memory the underside of the Vito is pretty crowded so you may find that you have to get a hole /bolt through a chassis section in some area's.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS