PDA

View Full Version : Gateshead?

Rubbertramp
04-12-2013, 13:07
Do any of you lovely people in the North-east know of any campsites with hook-up and static caravans to accommodate two plasterers up until Xmas? Preferably within 10 miles of Gateshead but would push it to 20.
Thanks

Static not needed now, just two motorhomes.

marydot
04-12-2013, 17:32
Try Sandy Bay, Newbiggin by the Sea. Seemed to be full of contractors etc when we were there in October.

Marydot

outtolunch
04-12-2013, 17:50
you could also try the council housing department as they are in the process of demolishing some blocks of flats and may have some fit enough to let out short term

now if you were taking a camper there is a carpark in central Newcastle that has had an encampment of VW's in it belonging to the lighting and sound engineers working on the panto in a nearby theatre a couple of years ago, it became viable to park there because after 8 hours the price was the same for 24 hours.

kimbowbill
04-12-2013, 18:25
a bit of topic but if you need an overnight stop on your way up there you know where i live Mark, you would be more than welcome xx

Rubbertramp
04-12-2013, 18:53
a bit of topic but if you need an overnight stop on your way up there you know where i live Mark, you would be more than welcome xx

Thanks kid but in a bit of a rush....definitely on the way back though!

Rubbertramp
04-12-2013, 18:55
Try Sandy Bay, Newbiggin by the Sea. Seemed to be full of contractors etc when we were there in October.

Marydot

Thanks Marydot....a bit far for a daily commute. Provisionally booked in at Derwent Park.....a bit pricey and no hot water so am still looking.

Rubbertramp
04-12-2013, 19:00
you could also try the council housing department as they are in the process of demolishing some blocks of flats and may have some fit enough to let out short term

now if you were taking a camper there is a carpark in central Newcastle that has had an encampment of VW's in it belonging to the lighting and sound engineers working on the panto in a nearby theatre a couple of years ago, it became viable to park there because after 8 hours the price was the same for 24 hours.

Cheers lad. But we need our home comforts after slugging about in the mud all day......and where would I plug in me hair straighteners?
Handy to know for a night out in town though!

SteveB48
04-12-2013, 19:27
Nearest site is at Marsden, on Lizard Lane.
Used to be a council site but now private.
Has a shower/toilet block but haven't been there for some time so you'd need to check.

daviene1
04-12-2013, 20:12
you could also try bobby shafto caravan park

Bobby Shafto Caravan Park | (http://www.bobbyshaftocaravanpark.co.uk/)

or sandhaven caravan park in marsden

Sandhaven Holiday Park | Visit South Tyneside (http://www.visitsouthtyneside.co.uk/article/12944/sandhaven-holiday-park?tab=overview#content-title)

maingate
04-12-2013, 22:19
My van is away from the house temporarily, so I don't have my C&CC Big sites book but I think there is a 5 van site at Blaydon Rugby Club at Swalwell. It is next to the A1 and Metrocentre. You can use the Rugby Club facilities. You will need to google it.

daviene1
05-12-2013, 11:48
you can search the camping and caravaning club directory here

The Camping and Caravanning Club Campsite Search and Book - Version 8.0 (http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/siteseekersearch/aspx/search.aspx)

just type in gateshead

mariesnowgoose
05-12-2013, 17:04
The biggest problem is finding a site that's open at this time of year up here :(

Rubbertramp
05-12-2013, 17:41
My van is away from the house temporarily, so I don't have my C&CC Big sites book but I think there is a 5 van site at Blaydon Rugby Club at Swalwell. It is next to the A1 and Metrocentre. You can use the Rugby Club facilities. You will need to google it.

Thank you sir! I've tried them and they say they don't do it anymore. Although they take people in for the odd night, if they opened up long term they would be in trouble for being unlicenced.....According to the steward.

Rubbertramp
05-12-2013, 17:43
Temporarily dug in at 15 quid a night with no hot water so still looking. Thanks for all your suggestions.....much appreciated!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS