PDA

View Full Version : Wild site near folkestone ?

glenboy
05-12-2013, 19:09
Going to Brugge for the new year via the tunnel care of Mr Tesco !! Eurotunnel say dont turn up early as it will be busy so wondering if anyone has ideas of somewhere nearby for the night before Cheers :idea:

marydot
05-12-2013, 19:17
Not exactly wild camping, but we are going on 3rd January, so will stay overnight on 2nd at Canterbury Park and Ride, the one with motorhome facilities. Only about 3.

Marydot

grahamb
05-12-2013, 19:52
Dover seafront pay and display nice easy walk into dover town centre for cafe and pub shops etc

glenboy
05-12-2013, 20:09
Thanks for that will probably use it and look at Canterbury the afternoon before

El Veterano
05-12-2013, 21:37
If it were me I would get out of UK and stay either in Calais, Les Huttes or Gravelines, far less hassle. :banana:

MykCamper
05-12-2013, 22:19
Dover seafront pay and display nice easy walk into dover town centre for cafe and pub shops etc

Done that one a couple of times, bit noisey with ferry traffic, think it was a fiver? There are plenty of free laybyes on the road into Dover IF you can beat the Truckers !!:sleep-027:

Kontiki
06-12-2013, 07:01
We always arrive early, only once we have been refused entry and that was when it was more than 6 hours early. Now plan on getting there about 4 hours before and always get an earlier train. We have to travel from north Wales and allow a full day to get there, adjust our arrival time by taking breaks at the services on route. We try to always book a late night/early morning crossing, often have a whole carriage to ourselves.

flyinghigh
06-12-2013, 10:57
I have used the military road (A259) in hythe About 15 mins from the tunnel, park beside the canal opposite sainsbury, shops and pubs nearby if you want, and reasonably quiet over night

Older Gurna
06-12-2013, 18:38
We've parked on the Beach Rd. at Folkestone.....Which night tho'?....We had the screamin' mentals at 2-3 in the Morning...(Was Sat. night tho'...)

oldpolicehouse
06-12-2013, 18:48
Done that one a couple of times, bit noisey with ferry traffic, think it was a fiver? There are plenty of free laybyes on the road into Dover IF you can beat the Truckers !!:sleep-027:

Don't get this. Marine drive. Stayed several times. Its free and quiet.

Blue Skies

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS