PDA

View Full Version : Braithwaite, nr Keswick

draaiorgel
06-05-2005, 22:56
[B]Hi all,
Follow A66 about 3 miles past Keswick West bound, turn into the village of Braithwaite follow main road through village and signs for The Pass (Whinlatter Pass) the road number is the B5292, roughly 2 miles on the left is a lovely forestry location (can't remember the name on the sign board) ideal if you have dogs.
The entrance has a couple of tight hairpin bends but worth negotiating,
again a very peaceful stop we stayed there 2 nights.
The local dog fraternity were friendly.
Each individual parking place has a little path to its own picnic table and the table has a slate square for the B.B.Q. B)

With friendly greetings,
Ian

jann
24-03-2007, 13:10
There a a few picnic sites along this road suitable for overnighting. We stayed on the first one recently,very quiet overnight.

landrovereditor
07-10-2007, 20:55
Hi
The Forest site is called Masmill.
Stayed there 26th September 2007.
Very quiet and peaceful.

backinblack
23-08-2008, 10:11
Hi

New to this site, but have found it invaluble for my first trip in my converted transit. Just got back from a long weekend in the lake district all wildcamping. Spent the first night at wast water.....what a stunning location, second night was spent on Honister pass by the big boulder another great location. Third night was planned to be at Masmill forestry location, however there is now a laminated sign saying no overnight camping & that the area is patrolled. I suspect they only patrol when they have closed the main car park where go-ape is based which is closed at dusk. So we had a BBQ then back to Honister pass.

jester04
03-07-2009, 21:13
just got back from a week up in the lakes and scotland
first stop was masmill foristery bloke saw us at about 6 oclock we have a 6 berth fiat roller team motor home so it stands out !!! no probs left at about 9.30 next day went into keswick stayed in the lake carpark me wife asked the attendent when we had to leave his answer was the last check is 6.30 so if you got a carpark ticket at about 5 that gives you 24hrs he then said after 6.30 you can ge the barrbie out !!! very strange
we didant stop there we went to ulswater stop 2nd layby done a spot of fishing left there about 12 the next day no probs there too

PaulC
04-07-2009, 11:08
No sure about Keswick as the parking attendants are red hot, with the tickets. Infact here is a "Disc" zone in many places and you can get one by just asking. But the guy that give me one said it might only be a scam for them to make money out of parking fines.

durhamwasp
04-08-2009, 18:38
The disc zone is 8am-6pm so its basically fine overnight. We have a disc in any case, and u can use it for up to 2 hours. Therefore arrived at 6pm and left 10am next morning with no problems.

Best spot around Keswick is the layby next to the junction onto the A66 next to Portinscale. Loads of people use it.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS