PDA

View Full Version : White van man

Touringtheworld
08-12-2013, 17:12
A Tugger just called me a white van man (it's black you tit), can I see out through the windows (they are factory tints not blacked out you tit), do I do furniture removals .......

........ I promptly removed his teeth ---_---

No I didn't but Jesus what a rude arsehole.

K9d
08-12-2013, 17:25
He was only jealous :lol:

Seannachie
08-12-2013, 17:32
Was he a member of the Caravan Club by any chance? Many of them seem to suffer from the delusion that they are some kind of ubermensch and that the rest of us are somehow inferior. :lol-049:

n brown
08-12-2013, 17:35
I pulled up in a small village to look at my map,and a woman with a VERY posh voice knocked on the door and asked if I took rubbish away ! apparently she had a couple of old mattresses to get rid. I didn't think my van looked THAT bad !

mark61
08-12-2013, 17:40
I always take it as a compliment. :)

Seannachie
08-12-2013, 17:40
I pulled up in a small village to look at my map,and a woman with a VERY posh voice knocked on the door and asked if I took rubbish away ! apparently she had a couple of old mattresses to get rid. I didn't think my van looked THAT bad !

But if you had taken away her rubbish, she could have been fined 1,000 as it is up to the householder to ascertain that the rubbish-removal person is licensed to take away their waste. Maybe you should have obliged, then shopped her! :D

n brown
08-12-2013, 17:46
I didn't want to touch the stinky old witch's bedding ! uuuggghhh !

RoadTrek Boy
08-12-2013, 18:06
A Tugger just called me a white van man (it's black you tit), can I see out through the windows (they are factory tints not blacked out you tit), do I do furniture removals .......

........ I promptly removed his teeth ---_---

No I didn't but Jesus what a rude arsehole.

I think you are very unfair, you could have just replied, sorry no I dont, I see you have a trailer, do you do garden rubbish removal by any chance. .....

Colin...:raofl:

Rodeo
08-12-2013, 18:09
I really do hope you didnt insult them ! One finger salute?:)

mandrake
08-12-2013, 18:56
reading this reminds me of a time when we were living in our van .we were at cold knap barry ,and there were 4 or so vans parked up for a couple of days we used to meet up regularly, one of which was a very nice bloke but a little braggy,a newish van ,he had the works out table chairs umbrella ,anyhow up rolls a couple of foreign bods eastern European by there accent sits on his chairs and asks the guy for cheeps he says what again they say cheeps (chips) when he understood what they wanted he went crazy you think i am a takeaway van he shouted these two bods do a runner by now and we all are in stitches ,ragged him all weekend about it .

invalid
08-12-2013, 19:12
I remember once I stopped near Salisbury, to ask for directions from this terribly posh lady (pre sat nav) I shook her hand and introduced myself as one does, she game me directions and just as I was on my way she ask what I did, (Im afraid my sense of humour kicked in) I informed her I was a septic tank cleaner, and how business was booming and I had to rush from job to job.
Took the smirk off her face, bet shes still washing her hands.

vespalien
08-12-2013, 19:17
What's the problem? We've always been called the "ice cream van", in fact we have opened the windows & offered cups of tea on occasion.

mandrake
08-12-2013, 19:22
our van was nicknamed the icecream van, really because it was a bedford cf most common van for the icecream trade, that and trannys

Rodeo
08-12-2013, 19:24
Years ago a mate bought an ex glc ambo ,still with the dayglo stripes on the sides. He didnt bother removing them straight away,and initially kept wondering why traffic would stop and let him out of side turnings etc! He thought it was funny,but swmbo was so embarrased about it when it occured that she made him remove the stripes straight away!

Touringtheworld
08-12-2013, 20:54
...... I like the trailer one - I'll use that one in the future.

Don't about the CC but I think he probably was.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS