PDA

View Full Version : Site with indoor pool open all year

Claireg
08-12-2013, 20:28
Does anyone have any recommendations? We just want a weekend away and would like an indoor pool (sauna/jacuzzi would be a bonus) on site. A couple of hours drive from Hertfordshire would be best. Thanks

francophile1947
08-12-2013, 20:36
Does anyone have any recommendations? We just want a weekend away and would like an indoor pool (sauna/jacuzzi would be a bonus) on site. A couple of hours drive from Hertfordshire would be best. Thanks

Depends where you are in Herts? Caister Old Hall, see Motor Homes (http://www.oldhallhotelcaister.co.uk/html/motor_homes.html) is about 2.5 hours drive and encourage motorhomes in their car park - free for the first night and 5 for each subsequent night, inclusive of use of gym, sauna, pool etc. There are 3 EHUs, so you may even be able to get one of them for free:cool:

FULL TIMER
08-12-2013, 21:21
jesus you don't want much, as John says the first night is free anyway, if a fiver for two nights stay including those facilities on offer and hook up is to much I should give up motorhoming.

Claireg
08-12-2013, 22:13
Thanks for the help, will give them a call

Tezza33
08-12-2013, 22:32
I can't say I would like a site and a pool and having to pay - am I on the right website here if I need to pay to be a full member to discuss wild camping issues?You are on the right website but just need to sort out which threads are relevant for your interests, if this doesn't suit your needs look for the ones that do, there are lots on here

TheCoggins
09-12-2013, 09:11

Sandy Balls at Godshill Nr Fordingbridge in the New Forest is a brilliant site and only 2 hours from Hertfordshire. It has an indoor leisure centre which is free to use when you are staying on site. There are some lovely walks around the site and into the forest.
Karen & Adrian

vindiboy
09-12-2013, 09:39
jesus you don't want much, as John says the first night is free anyway, if a fiver for two nights stay including those facilities on offer and hook up is to much I should give up motorhoming.
I think the poster was being facious he was tring to say I think quote why should I pay to be a member on a wild camping forum if you are talking about paying for a SITE with a pool and paying for it I f I have read it wrong sorry in advance,

vindiboy
09-12-2013, 09:41
Sandy Balls at Godshill Nr Fordingbridge in the New Forest is a brilliant site and only 2 hours from Hertfordshire. It has an indoor leisure centre which is free to use when you are staying on site. There are some lovely walks around the site and into the forest.
Karen & Adrian
They also have an ice rink on site this time of year too.

MORGANTHEMOON
09-12-2013, 12:13
I can't say I would like a site and a pool and having to pay - am I on the right website here if I need to pay to be a full member to discuss wild camping issues?

Obviously you're on the wrong site as anything and everything is discussed on here.

Sharon the Cat
09-12-2013, 14:03
Karen & Adrian

140 for 2 nights!!!

vindiboy
09-12-2013, 14:26
For hundred yards past Sandyballs site towards Fordingbridge. Turn left and in another four hundred yards is a camping site,electric hook ups available.You could then walk to Sandyballs site and use the facilities as a day visitor.WE do it often.

TheCoggins
09-12-2013, 14:36
From 4th Jan onwards Sandy Balls in only 10 per night mid week and 12.50 at weekends This up to end of March. We often go in the Winter. It is great.

Sharon the Cat
09-12-2013, 14:44
From 4th Jan onwards Sandy Balls in only 10 per night mid week and 12.50 at weekends This up to end of March. We often go in the Winter. It is great.

Now that I can handle paying

TheCoggins
09-12-2013, 14:49
Now that I can handle paying

You really cant go wrong for that money and to have all the leisure facilities for free is great. It is a really good place in the cold Winter.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS