PDA

View Full Version : Gas it

molly 2
10-12-2013, 23:47
I have just fitted a 6kg in locker kit to my mh. Can you removed the fill pipe from a full bottle without loosing gas. is their one way valve in the bottle. Of is it in the fill neck. I ask in case I need go remove a full bottle
Bazzz

Captain Biggles
11-12-2013, 03:58
I would strongly suggest that you ask 'Gas-It' direct, I found them to be extremely helpful.

I was so impressed with their products that I bought a 11kg refillable bottle from them, with a remote filler, all the necessary adapters for European use and then I promptly bore a hole in my MH side in order to fit the remote external filler, sounds a bit drastic to an amateur like me, but I have to say that I am delighted with the end effect.

Never again will I have to worry about running out of LPG.

I'd highly reccomnd Gas-it products and their after sales service, and what's most important, is that I have no connection to Gas-it either commercially or as an individual, I was purely a very satisfied 'Customer'.

Captain Biggles :plane:

james1508
11-12-2013, 06:14
I have just fitted a 6kg in locker kit to my mh. Can you removed the fill pipe from a full bottle without loosing gas. is their one way valve in the bottle. Of is it in the fill neck. I ask in case I need go remove a full bottle
Bazzz

I asked them about a year ago and i was told the 1mtr long remote filling pipe will hold about a LTR of LPG gas and this will escape, the bottle does have a none return valves so the content of the bottle should be fine. Maybe worth checking I have remembered is right.

Regards

molly 2
11-12-2013, 12:05
Thanks for response I am now confident I can remove the bottle. Baz

mikejay
11-12-2013, 16:11
I fitted a twin 6kg gas-it kit a couple of months ago and was told the same if its a slow leak on the filler it wont seal but if I was to undo the pipe the non return valve would kick in and all you would loose was the gas under pressure in the pipe.

iveco4x4
11-12-2013, 19:44
Thats what i remember too - there is a non return valve on the filler

I too give a big thumbs up to gas-it , good prices, easy to fit and helpfull company

rich

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS