PDA

View Full Version : London POI ?

Dezi
11-12-2013, 08:10
We were in London yesterday having the first of three Christmas dinners that certain people insist we are attending for my enjoyment !!! Between now & the 25th.

I noticed this spot as we went past. 51.423818,-0.408114

1 motorhome & several lorries were parked up & appeared to have been there all night. A burger van was also in situ.

Might come in handy for an emergency overnight.

Apologies if already entered.

Dezi

johnmac185
11-12-2013, 12:57
We were in London yesterday having the first of three Christmas dinners that certain people insist we are attending for my enjoyment !!! Between now & the 25th.

1 motorhome & several lorries were parked up & appeared to have been there all night. A burger van was also in situ.

Dezi
This could be handy for picking up from Heathrow early one morn next month,,could be noisy,,any port in a storm i suppose,,John

Frances
14-12-2013, 17:16
Hubby picked me up from Terminal 5 with the van in October. Quite an adventure for him as the first place he waited was on a clearway and a very nice policemen frowned a lot but didn't book him. Second place he waited was where some taxis wait. I don't know the co-ordinates offhand but it was obviously a short stop location rather than an overnight location. He did say that he could see the departure area from where he was parked.

GinaRon
14-12-2013, 19:52
We are going to Kempton on Christmas Day for the racing on Boxing and this looks ideal, we had found another spot and as they say two is better than one.
Thank you :wave:

invalid
14-12-2013, 22:15

Dezi

Only three Christmas dinners, you've got off light,stop complaining Bhah Humbug.

Dezi
15-12-2013, 07:06
Only three Christmas dinners, you've got off light,stop complaining Bhah Humbug.

I am not a fan & only eat Chistmas puddin when threatened.

However I have been told that its traditional, I am a miserable old git, so shut up and enjoy it.

Harrods window looks good this year.

Dezi

mandrake
15-12-2013, 13:59
we went to London quite a few times when we had our van ,and to tell you the honest truth dident find it much of a problem to park up for the night .ok not central but near tube stations .we used to find a free parking place near a tube station as long as there are no parking restrictions in force ,which can be a bit awkward but there are many about ,mostly residential ,and then stay for a night ,one thing about london is nobody bothers with anybody ,and as such you rairly get nosey bussybodies wanting to know what you are up to .mind you we used to live in london many years ago and know how london works

POI Admin
23-12-2013, 12:24

Dezi

Thanks for the suggestion - I've added it to the POIs :D

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS