PDA

View Full Version : Couple of nights stop over to the west of Warrington. Any ideas?

Cliffy
12-12-2013, 22:01
My daughter lives in Great Sankey, Warrington and we have stayed overnight a few times on their drive. We can't do that now. Can anyone recommend a spot or a small camp site in that area where we can stay a couple of nights two or three times per year? We don't need EHU but would like hard standing if possible.

Sunsetseeker
13-12-2013, 07:53
My daughter lives in Great Sankey, Warrington and we have stayed overnight a few times on their drive. We can't do that now. Can anyone recommend a spot or a small camp site in that area where we can stay a couple of nights two or three times per year? We don't need EHU but would like hard standing if possible.

Try this link:
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=WA5+8WF

It shows a pub called the Memphis Belle. Lorries often use the adjoining road for overnight parking. Also there is an unfinished link road to a planned industrial estate off the next roundabout over from the pub to the west. This is not far from Great Sankey.

Cliffy
13-12-2013, 19:36
Thanks for that SunsetSeeker I know the Memphis Belle pub we pass it on the way to Gemini Retail Park. I think my OH would not feel too safe there as it is a bit urban. I was thinking of somewhere a little way out, may be north of the M62 or around Stockton Heath area. We like it quiet.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS