PDA

View Full Version : Wild in Anglesey

Diplodicus
14-12-2013, 19:53
Heading north in the February half term to Anglesey and North Wales. I THINK I have identified a number of possible wild camping sites using Google but what is the situation on the ground?
Some have clear signs for not overnighting but what about the NT car parks - rather remote positions but ultimately lovely.

Good luck with getting an Aire at Weymouth - long overdue but both West Bay, Charmouth and Lyme Regis have parking space - they just need either the facilities or just the green card to park overnight.
Fingers crossed,
Diplodicus

vespalien
14-12-2013, 19:59
Penmon point by Puffin is a lovely spot.

Cliffy
15-12-2013, 19:55
Llygwy Beach should be wild camping this time of year. The car park is right on the beach. There is a cafe and toilets that are open in the summer when they charge 10 per night but in the winter they don't bother or at least they didn't. I think they may charge on some weekends in winter if it gets busy but it certainly a place to try if on Anglesey.

Devadave
16-12-2013, 19:50
Llygwy Beach should be wild camping this time of year. The car park is right on the beach. There is a cafe and toilets that are open in the summer when they charge 10 per night but in the winter they don't bother or at least they didn't. I think they may charge on some weekends in winter if it gets busy but it certainly a place to try if on Anglesey.

Ssssssssh that's my fav place on the Island, the beach is amazing, sunsets are beautifull...:heart:

vespalien
16-12-2013, 21:25
Cemlyn beach is a good day spot into early evening - then you get some weirdo farmer coming round patrolling with a death wish giving you major grief when it gets dark....I just set my dog on him.

That may not be a good idea for your dog's health. If you are on his land & the dog is not under control, he may well choose to shoot it and say it was worrying his sheep. It would be hard to prove he wasn't right. Cemlyn is a Nature Reserve, but such reserves are often still farmed.

Daiboy
16-12-2013, 22:44
Not exactly Wilding but you are always welcome to stay in the car park of the Bull Bay Hotel near Amlwch.

Daiboy. Xx

MORGANTHEMOON
17-12-2013, 13:01
Not exactly Wilding but you are always welcome to stay in the car park of the Bull Bay Hotel near Amlwch.

Daiboy. Xx

Why do you own it Dai?

maxsdad
19-12-2013, 21:59
Went to Cemlyn Beach today, the recent storms and high tides we have had on Anglesey recently have washed loads of pebbles up onto the road and car park, just about managed to turn car [4x4] around but you would have to reverse a long way back up the road in a larger vehicle will try and visit again after christmas.

vespalien
20-12-2013, 09:37
Went to Cemlyn Beach today, the recent storms and high tides we have had on Anglesey recently have washed loads of pebbles up onto the road and car park, just about managed to turn car [4x4] around but you would have to reverse a long way back up the road in a larger vehicle will try and visit again after christmas.

Time to renew the gravel on the driveway then? :banana:

dave and mary
20-12-2013, 12:03

Spent a few nights here lovely spot by the sea.

:drive: :drive:

Monty1083
12-01-2014, 19:36

Spent a few nights here lovely spot by the sea.

Yes.. But where??

dave and mary
12-01-2014, 21:33
Yes.. But where??

Sorry no idea but you could see across the sea to the main land, not far out of Beaumaris If I remember right the road was almost a dead end went up to a light house or a big house, think you had to pay to get through. I remember we turned back, but a lovely spot we returned there for several nights.

luckyfish252
12-01-2014, 21:50
It looks like the road to Penrhyn Point

dave and mary
12-01-2014, 21:53

Thanks for helping out lol.

vespalien
12-01-2014, 22:06

Yes, past Beaumaris by a mile or so.

There is another spot further on, near the old Lime Kilns just as the road cuts inland before the Point. The car park right at the point is even better and offers excellent rock fishing into the Trwyn Ddu channel between the point and Puffin Island.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS