PDA

View Full Version : Brownhills, a positive side!

Beemer
14-12-2013, 20:36
We are here at Brownhills this weekend, wild camping, amongst the new vans, for two nights, with their free facilities at our disposal.
Using their WIFI tonight and a Christmas meal tomorrow in their restaurant....... FREE!

The trip into Lincoln from Newark however, was not free, but at only 8.30 for two adults and child, using our family rail card, 'aint so bad.
Lincoln is well worth the visit, and you must test the cakes in Patisserie Valerie, with a coffee of course.

19234 19235 19236

We will not be buying another van this weekend for sure though!

wineciccio
14-12-2013, 21:26
Yeah I purchased a Rapido from them many moons ago and the front brake pads broke/fell apart to bits on the M 25 on the way home from picking it up, the rescue bloke said I was lucky I was not/had not caused an accident.:mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1 :

spigot
14-12-2013, 22:19
Yeah I purchased a Rapido from them many moons ago and the front brake pads broke/fell apart to bits on the M 25 on the way home from picking it up, the rescue bloke said I was lucky I was not/had not caused an accident.:mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1 :

Why do you think they are known as "Brownholes" (ie. ar$eholes)?

Motorhomelover
15-12-2013, 01:55
We are here at Brownhills this weekend, wild camping, amongst the new vans, for two nights, with their free facilities at our disposal.
Using their WIFI tonight and a Christmas meal tomorrow in their restaurant....... FREE!

The trip into Lincoln from Newark however, was not free, but at only 8.30 for two adults and child, using our family rail card, 'aint so bad.
Lincoln is well worth the visit, and you must test the cakes in Patisserie Valerie, with a coffee of course.

19234 19235 19236

I can think of many places to be fir two days than I amongst many empty vans
Free wifi or meal It's bloody freezing in Lincoln and the UK

Glad I am in 20 Deg sun shine.
Warm sunny days. And relaxing days
Nope I'm not jealous your in brownholes this weekend

Motorhomelover
15-12-2013, 01:55

19234 19235 19236

I can think of many places to be fir two days than In amongst many empty vans
Free wifi or meal It's bloody freezing in Lincoln and the UK

Glad I am in 20 Deg sun shine.
Warm sunny days. And relaxing days
Nope I'm not jealous your in brownholes this weekend

El Veterano
15-12-2013, 07:09
20C sunshine day after day, to me, is as boring as hell - I know, I've done it. And although I do still have a house in Andalucia I shall be spending my Christmas near a lake in the UK.
Each to their own, and whatever rings your bell have a Merry Christmas:cool:

DTDog
15-12-2013, 08:41
I like the fact it's free.

To qualify, you must have bought a van from Brownhill's at 20%+ above the actual value of the van. Then pay over inflated service charges to make keep your van under warranty.

Free, they should be paying you!!

kimbowbill
15-12-2013, 09:20
Sorry beemer but couldn't think of anywhere worse to be than around a load of slimey sales reps, I'm so not jealous, but each to their own, enjoy

dr dave
15-12-2013, 10:18
There is lots of negativity here. If Beemer is happy with his Brownhills 'freebee' good luck to him. Whilst its not my cup of tea i respect anyone who enjoys staying anywhere they choose, at least he is out and about doing what he wants to do. And he does give a reminder that there are some 'free' nights away to be had. As i have said before all information is good to those who can make use of it!

DTDog
15-12-2013, 11:19
There is lots of negativity here. If Beemer is happy with his Brownhills 'freebee' good luck to him. Whilst its not my cup of tea i respect anyone who enjoys staying anywhere they choose, at least he is out and about doing what he wants to do. And he does give a reminder that there are some 'free' nights away to be had. As i have said before all information is good to those who can make use of it!

I would like to point out Beemer is a good friend of mine and my negativity is in no way pointed at him. My negativity is towards Brownhill's Freebies.

Some companies are motor-homer's making a living, were as (in my opinion) Brownhill's are sales people that just happen to sell motorhomes. They are very good at their job, but that's all it is to them, a job, not a way of life.

Beemer
15-12-2013, 14:56
I did start the post with the title 'Brownhills a Positive side' for a reason, cos I see a positive side. We arrived Friday night, didn't see one sales person.
Got up Saturday morning, had breakfast, walked out of the dealers, might have noticed 2 salesmen, but certainly not to speak to, walked to the train station (15mins), had a good day in Lincoln, caught the 'dark o'clock' train back to Newark, walked through the dealers gate, not one salesman to be seen, and back to the secure area where the van was parked. After a meal in the van we walked over to the TV lounge, still not seen a salesman, and had a evening watching TV.
The following day we had a look round the new and used vans, was approached once by a young salesman. After a while we went to the restaurant for our free Christmas dinner, our waiters were the sales persons, loads of 'em, but not selling vans.
A good weekend.... period! :cheers:

maingate
15-12-2013, 15:48
I bought my first van from the North East Branch of Brownhills and can say that they were very professional in their dealings. It is true that their servicing costs were on the high side but the prices of vans were cheaper than their competitors. It was fashionable to knock them because they were the biggest but other dealers have been as bad or worse at times.

marydot
15-12-2013, 18:34
We had a truly horrendous experience buying a van from Brownhills, but we have used their facilities on two occasions - once to break our journey back north from the Chunnel, and once to park overnight before claiming the free service which was given to us because of the earlier problems. Won't buy from them again, but I will use them for free overnights.

Marydot

kimbowbill
15-12-2013, 19:16

Expressing my point of view of which I am entitled, beemer is also a friend of mine, I know his humour and hopefully I haven't offended him, I did say enjoy, you are on the wrong thread if you wanna cause trouble

dr dave
15-12-2013, 19:36
Expressing my point of view of which I am entitled, beemer is also a friend of mine, I know his humour and hopefully I haven't offended him, I did say enjoy, you are on the wrong thread if you wanna cause trouble

I am a bit taken aback by the cause trouble remark
Sorry if my trying to stick up for beemer and his weekend at brownhills has offended you i was not and never will target a particular reply by a particular member to a thread, it was merely a reference to what i saw was a negative vibe to someone telling us all where and what he was enjoying this weekend. I do really hope your your reference to me trying to cause trouble was not malicious as my comments were intended to be quite the opposite.

kimbowbill
15-12-2013, 19:44
I am a bit taken aback by the cause trouble remark
Sorry if my trying to stick up for beemer and his weekend at brownhills has offended you i was not and never will target a particular reply by a particular member to a thread, it was merely a reference to what i saw was a negative vibe to someone telling us all where and what he was enjoying this weekend. I do really hope your your reference to me trying to cause trouble was not malicious as my comments were intended to be quite the opposite.

OK my apologies, you just seemed to be having a go at peoples comments, beemer is a big boy and can defend his own corner, think banter sometimes can be misinterpreted,

Motorhomelover
15-12-2013, 20:08
>>>>hides under the bed >>>>> hope I did not offend any one.
Sorry if I did.
Never was intentional if it did

:bow:

Please don't come after me. To tell me off :scared:

rugbyken
15-12-2013, 23:25
My mate les bought a van of them over ten years ago before either of us knew better the van was easily 20% over the going rate but to be fair he's still running it and when he went into the brownhills enclosure at the NEC motorhome show they still acknowledged him as a member of their gold club and he and his guests (me) were give free food & drinks , would have to go to a lot of shows to break even but they are living up to their promise, he's of for his free Xmas meal later.

vindiboy
16-12-2013, 00:02
A free weekend and free food at a dealers does not make a positive for a dealer in my book,lots of them do that,Davan for one that we attend,a positive for a dealer is someone saying, I am happy with my purchase,it is as described,was recieved in a good clean condition with all the bits I ordered fitted, the price for my trade in was good and after sales was the best, with that said my purchase from Davan was very positive. My Previous Hymer came from Preston when it was called Hymer UK. And that was a far from satisfactory experience but that was 10 years ago.

mandrake
16-12-2013, 03:46
I did start the post with the title 'Brownhills a Positive side' for a reason, cos I see a positive side. We arrived Friday night, didn't see one sales person.
Got up Saturday morning, had breakfast, walked out of the dealers, might have noticed 2 salesmen, but certainly not to speak to, walked to the train station (15mins), had a good day in Lincoln, caught the 'dark o'clock' train back to Newark, walked through the dealers gate, not one salesman to be seen, and back to the secure area where the van was parked. After a meal in the van we walked over to the TV lounge, still not seen a salesman, and had a evening watching TV.
The following day we had a look round the new and used vans, was approached once by a young salesman. After a while we went to the restaurant for our free Christmas dinner, our waiters were the sales persons, loads of 'em, but not selling vans.
A good weekend.... period! :cheers:

well whatever brownhills are like with there van sales and service a freeby is a freeby ,sounds like a half decent way to spend a weekend or a couple of days in the week

TWS
07-01-2014, 22:39
I just want to give my humble opinion about Brownhills of Newark ! I popped in today on route from London to Northumberland as I had a faulty bulb holder ! No big deal really ! I gotta say based on the general unhelpful service from the service & customer care dept I would never consider buying a MH from Brownhills in a million years ! This of course is just my opinion and I may be wrong ! But I took the liberty of googling customer care complaints at Brownhills and it seems I'm not the only person unhappy with this dealership there is a great deal of unhappy motothome owners who feel the same ! What's happened to good old fashioned customer care ?

Tezza33
08-01-2014, 20:26
>>>>hides under the bed >>>>> hope I did not offend any one.
Sorry if I did.
Never was intentional if it did

:bow:

Please don't come after me. To tell me off :scared:You were so confident of your reply you posted it twice,:lol-049:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS