PDA

View Full Version : Another new full member!

02churmat
15-12-2013, 18:50
Hello everyone :)

My name's Matt and my weapon of choice is my 1973 VW campervan, Cheryl :)

I was pointed in the direction of this site by a guy called Jay, he's got a VW campervan similar to mine. Say hello if you're reading this Jay!

I've been away in Cheryl a few times thia year, but in August me and a mate stayed on the Yorkshire Moors. The campsite we normally use was full, so we decided to drive out into the moors to find a place to stay. For anyone who knows the area, we drove from Whitby towards Rosedale Abbey, going through Goathland. We found a nice pull-in and we didnt see anyone else apart from some dog walkers.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic! That was my introduction to wild camping and I loved it! So I joined up here to hopefully find some new places to stay and maybe a bit of good advice!

All the best :)

yorkieowl
15-12-2013, 18:53
Hi and :welcome: to the forum.

MORGANTHEMOON
15-12-2013, 18:53
Welcome to the forum Matt.
You've come to the right place.

chrisinbrighton
15-12-2013, 18:56
:welcome::fun:Welcome to the forum

invalid
15-12-2013, 19:09
Welcome you'll have fun.

Rodeo
15-12-2013, 19:18
Welcome mate. Whos this cheryl bird?:)

02churmat
15-12-2013, 19:20
Welcome mate. Whos this cheryl bird?:)

She's the only woman in my life right now! haha :D

Cheers for the warm welcomes guys :)

wineciccio
15-12-2013, 20:03
Your VW dub definetely brought back some memories for me, I have had a few of them I can tell you some I have restored and sold at bug jams and volkswagen festivals at Malvern, but most of all the trips I been on in some of them all the way down to Pompei, Italy to see my parents and sisters, and helped what was then a small firm in Camberley, Surrey (small cars):scooter:, boy did I have fun in them.

02churmat
15-12-2013, 20:27
Your VW dub definetely brought back some memories for me, I have had a few of them I can tell you some I have restored and sold at bug jams and volkswagen festivals at Malvern, but most of all the trips I been on in some of them all the way down to Pompei, Italy to see my parents and sisters, and helped what was then a small firm in Camberley, Surrey (small cars):scooter:, boy did I have fun in them.

They're great fun to drive, I've had some brilliant weekends away.

You're very brave driving all the way to Italy! :D

ellisboy
15-12-2013, 20:40
:welcome: Nice bus!

shawbags
15-12-2013, 21:41
looks tidy :wave:.

wineciccio
15-12-2013, 22:16
Yeah no problem with driving them to Italy, with 2 kids and a wife, then it was 3 kids and a wife, they were the best holidays my kids remember, when I needed a bigger camper/motorhome I couldn't afford it retired 10 years ago at 55 and have had big motorhomes lol , my last one being a hobby siesta 600, and now a trigano tribby as my wife has decided to hang her boots, not me though, I still like the adventure of travels, with any luck I should be off to Spain second week in January, depending to a hospital appointment.:shag:

02churmat
15-12-2013, 22:54
Ah nice one :)

Hopefully the weather in Spain will be better than here in January :D

My first trip away next year wil be in March hopefully.

GinaRon
16-12-2013, 00:07
Hello and I add my welcomes with everyone else - this site is very useful and informative :wave:

mandrake
16-12-2013, 02:08
hi welcome from mandrake ,have a great time and merry christmas

RobM
20-12-2013, 13:41
Hello Matt, I have just joined this site, I have a 1966 VW Splitscreen that I use over in Holland as I currently live and work here (still UK Reg). Everyone is very friendly here and in Belgium when they see a VW pulling in. Good luck with the wild camping.

Rob

Hello everyone :)

My name's Matt and my weapon of choice is my 1973 VW campervan, Cheryl :)

I was pointed in the direction of this site by a guy called Jay, he's got a VW campervan similar to mine. Say hello if you're reading this Jay!

I've been away in Cheryl a few times thia year, but in August me and a mate stayed on the Yorkshire Moors. The campsite we normally use was full, so we decided to drive out into the moors to find a place to stay. For anyone who knows the area, we drove from Whitby towards Rosedale Abbey, going through Goathland. We found a nice pull-in and we didnt see anyone else apart from some dog walkers.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic! That was my introduction to wild camping and I loved it! So I joined up here to hopefully find some new places to stay and maybe a bit of good advice!

All the best :)

mariesnowgoose
20-12-2013, 14:35
Hello Matt, welcome to the site :wave:

02churmat
02-02-2014, 00:11
Hello Matt, I have just joined this site, I have a 1966 VW Splitscreen that I use over in Holland as I currently live and work here (still UK Reg). Everyone is very friendly here and in Belgium when they see a VW pulling in. Good luck with the wild camping.

Rob

Nice to find a other classic VW owner on here, Rob!

Cheers for all the welcomes guys :)

RoaminRog
02-02-2014, 03:59
I like your spirit Mat. Welcome to the forum, and Happy Camping to you!

Regards Rog.

phillybarbour
02-02-2014, 07:00
02churmat just seen yr post, the van looks great

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS