PDA

View Full Version : Arrived in Sicily

Channelcrosser
16-12-2013, 10:41
Hi everyone,
Just to say that we arrived in Sicily after 4 weeks travelling. Forget Spain, come here, the weather is great 18 degrees day, 10 at night and everyone is so friendly! We have been gifted lemons oranges, walnuts, cakes......excellent,

Is there anyone else in this part of the world? We have only seen 4 motor homes in 10 days and none uk.

Will post some more later ....gotta go mount Etna is banging and crashing!!!!!

vanmandan
16-12-2013, 11:37
glad to hear you'r enjoying Sicily, it really is an excelent place to spend the winter.
this is my third winter here, I'm parked up here....
Chi siamo (http://www.baiadeicoralli.it/) .......till March !!!
8 euros a night per unit.
free elec.
cheap wi-fi
right on the beach .... clean,well run, friendly site.
stop by if you're in the area & need to freshen up.
Mt. Etna just blew again on Saturday......
don't get too close,
Happy Trails, VanManDan.

rommel
16-12-2013, 11:53
This sounds like a nice place ,how much is the return ferry fare to Italy?

n brown
16-12-2013, 11:54
8 euros a night with free leccy ! now that's an offer you can't refuse !

MORGANTHEMOON
16-12-2013, 12:09
Looks great.
Are there many brits there?

Wombatm8
16-12-2013, 14:54
Hi everyone,
Just to say that we arrived in Sicily after 4 weeks travelling. Forget Spain, come here, the weather is great 18 degrees day, 10 at night and everyone is so friendly! We have been gifted lemons oranges, walnuts, cakes......excellent,

Is there anyone else in this part of the world? We have only seen 4 motor homes in 10 days and none uk.

Will post some more later ....gotta go mount Etna is banging and crashing!!!!!

Hi, we are Brits in southern Sicily, here for winter. In Punta Braccetto southern end of the island. Camp is Baia Dei corralli, 8 euros a night for long stays over 31 days free electric and cheap wifi. There are 3 Brits here atm and more turning up soon we believe! It is on the beach too with private shower and toilet for each unit and the owners are very friendly and helpful. Hopefully we may see you if you are down this part of the island! Don't worry about Etna, she is very moody now and again but we still love her! Wombatm8.

Siimplyloco
16-12-2013, 15:56

I just looked it up: 599 !

Kiwi in Europe
16-12-2013, 16:04
Glad to hear other people are in Sicily. We're in Pompei at the moment but we'll be in Sicily next week. We're getting the ferry from Naples to Palermo to cut out 700+ km of driving on bad roads. The intention is to spend a few weeks at San Vito lo Capo in the NW corner and then carry on anti-clockwise back to Messina so we'll pitch up in Ragusa at some point. Thanks for the campsite tip vanmandan. You'll recognise us when we arrive as ours is the only Oz registered Toyota 79 Series Bimobil in Europe!

Channelcrosser
16-12-2013, 16:13
glad to hear you'r enjoying Sicily, it really is an excelent place to spend the winter.
this is my third winter here, I'm parked up here....
Chi siamo (http://www.baiadeicoralli.it/) .......till March !!!
8 euros a night per unit.
free elec.
cheap wi-fi
right on the beach .... clean,well run, friendly site.
stop by if you're in the area & need to freshen up.
Mt. Etna just blew again on Saturday......
don't get too close,
Happy Trails, VanManDan.

Hi vanmandan,

Glad to hear that you are hear as well!

We are now on the move south again having got a spare part we were waiting for. Next stop Catania. Will be your way soonish, will stop over if you are there. Will pm my mobile number to you.

Regards channelcrosser

Channelcrosser
16-12-2013, 16:18
Glad to hear other people are in Sicily. We're in Pompei at the moment but we'll be in Sicily next week. We're getting the ferry from Naples to Palermo to cut out 700+ km of driving on bad roads. The intention is to spend a few weeks at San Vito lo Capo in the NW corner and then carry on anti-clockwise back to Messina so we'll pitch up in Ragusa at some point. Thanks for the campsite tip vanmandan. You'll recognise us when we arrive as ours is the only Oz registered Toyota 79 Series Bimobil in Europe!

Hi kiwi.....well we are in Catania going clockwise so at some time we will cross! Will look out for you and have a meet up.

Regards
Channelcrosser

Channelcrosser
16-12-2013, 16:25

Hi Rommel, the ferry from villa s. Giovanni to Messina cost us 95euros return (that's a 3 month ticket). Ferry time is about 40 minutes. The single trip cost is about 53 euros.

Regards

Channelcrosser

oldish hippy
16-12-2013, 18:02
nice to see you made it after what you said at eastnor hope it all going well

wineciccio
16-12-2013, 19:52
I do envy you, although I have been there many years ago, 1965 to be exact, I long to go back again,. Sicily is a very beautiful island and it makes me proud to be Italian. You must pay a visit to Taormina and if you can pay a visit to the grand hotel San Domenico and ask them to let you see their gardens, words fail me on how to best describe them. I do hope that the hotel is still there and open??:anyone::cool1:

vanmandan
17-12-2013, 07:58
Hi Kiwi,..... San Vito will be very quiet this time of year, suggest you stock up on everything before
heading out there. Excellent Auchan s/market about 15 km west of Palermo, take the Carini exit
Great wildcamping spot about 5 km south of San Vito..... signed with a P for parking just a grassy field.....
but great views.
As you head down the south coast, great beach parking at Secca Grande about 15 km south of Sciacca.
Hope this helps,
VanManDan.

greenman
17-12-2013, 09:53
We have been in Sicily for 3 weeks now. Etna was a very good place to see. Been staying in camping luminoso in the south. Very good and 11 a night all in with your own toilet. Has been one of are best county's so far.

Kiwi in Europe
17-12-2013, 15:07
Hi Kiwi,..... San Vito will be very quiet this time of year, suggest you stock up on everything before
heading out there. Excellent Auchan s/market about 15 km west of Palermo, take the Carini exit
Great wildcamping spot about 5 km south of San Vito..... signed with a P for parking just a grassy field.....
but great views.
As you head down the south coast, great beach parking at Secca Grande about 15 km south of Sciacca.
Hope this helps,
VanManDan.

Thanks for the info. Will stock up on the way. Have been told that it's beautiful and quiet suits us. If it's too quiet we'll move on.

Lawrence

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS