PDA

View Full Version : northumberland coast meet?

irenerobbie
06-04-2008, 10:47
just ventured south of the scottish border and was blown away with the faby northumberland coast.it has cost me about 30 quid in diesel from central scotland .so an affordable distance.anybody know of a place for a weekend meet. a chance for north and south to meet?

lenny
06-04-2008, 11:01
Good idea,Irenerobbie ,I will look into it:)

Trevor
06-04-2008, 11:04
just ventured south of the scottish border and was blown away with the faby northumberland coast.it has cost me about 30 quid in diesel from central scotland .so an affordable distance.anybody know of a place for a weekend meet. a chance for north and south to meet?
What about Kevnbird's place, it's a pub stop over:) Amble would have been good but its a no no now. http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2852

Don
06-04-2008, 11:29
I would have thought that any where amongst the sand dunes would be ok.
Must admit , it is a lovely coast line.
I seem to remember north from Seahouses follow coast road, and where the road turns inland at the castle, turn in on beach road, loads of spots.

Don

Graham Hadfield
06-04-2008, 12:11
I would have thought that any where amongst the sand dunes would be ok.
Must admit , it is a lovely coast line.
I seem to remember north from Seahouses follow coast road, and where the road turns inland at the castle, turn in on beach road, loads of spots.

Don

If anyone is thinking of going to that area please be sensitive and careful not to camp anywhere under the control of English Nature or that is in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

Camping is banned in such areas, in order to protect them for everyone, and if people flout the regulations it could have a backlash of motorhomes being banned from car parks in the area totally.

Graham

lenny
06-04-2008, 12:23
I agree with you on this one,Graham, yes it's a beautiful place and the castle is awesome,but the site of five or six motorhomes in one spot,overnighting would cause such a stir, I beieve Tonyfu stayed there one night without incident so I think you may get away with it if you're alone and you arrive late and move on early.
Trev's idea (Drift Inn) looks favourite,then we could visit these places in daylight. Us locals could even act as guides:eek: for the weekend:cool:

P.S. For a small fee :eek: of course:D:rolleyes:

irenerobbie
06-04-2008, 14:46
I agree with you on this one,Graham, yes it's a beautiful place and the castle is awesome,but the site of five or six motorhomes in one spot,overnighting would cause such a stir, I beieve Tonyfu stayed there one night without incident so I think you may get away with it if you're alone and you arrive late and move on early.
Trev's idea (Drift Inn) looks favourite,then we could visit these places in daylight. Us locals could even act as guides:eek: for the weekend:cool:

P.S. For a small fee :eek: of course:D:rolleyes:

lenny, if you get this of the ground and show us some interesting places in the area,i'll buy you TWO pints. i wondered if, the amount of vans in one area problem,could be resolved by spreading us about a bit. i,ve usually got my bike and wouldn't mind heading for a central meeting point. maybe 2/3 vans max at anyone spot.maybe the drift inn could be the meeting point

Graham Hadfield
06-04-2008, 15:27
i wondered if, the amount of vans in one area problem,could be resolved by spreading us about a bit.

It's not always the number of vans, often it's the areas they camp in. Plus, even if people on this forum agreed on a form of control there's no control over what other people looking for somewhere overnight might do.

As per Lenny's post, all such potential problems are overcome if somewhere like a pub car park is used with the landlord's blessing.

Graham

lenny
06-04-2008, 15:28
Let's keep this thread going and see what interest we get from other members , then if we get a positive response, we'll go for it;)

irenerobbie
06-04-2008, 17:56
lenny, why does there have to be more than two vans for a meet? i,ve got a van , you,ve got a van, thats a meet in my book,any more takers is a bonus.keep things simply and see what developes.

lenny
06-04-2008, 20:15
lenny, why does there have to be more than two vans for a meet? i,ve got a van , you,ve got a van, thats a meet in my book,any more takers is a bonus.keep things simply and see what developes.

You're right ,I will give it some thought and post my Idea shortly.

BTW. here's a link to wet your appetite:)

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/32741

Trevor
06-04-2008, 20:19
Ermmmm If i have the free time i will be coming along.:D.
I was thinking why not meet at the drift and for one night and take it from there i know a couple of places, depending on how many vans would turn out.
When i read this post i nearly wet my pants with excitement WHAT a meet in meet Northumberland great, even if it was only a few vans.:)

lenny
06-04-2008, 20:33
Good idea ,Trev,a few vans would be great but it would be nice to equal the Cromford Seven meet or even the Wet Windy and Wild Welsh Wanderers meet:eek:.
Maybe we should get our heads together(and make a log cabin):eek::Dand get this off the ground:cool:

Trevor
06-04-2008, 20:37
Lenny as you probably gathered from my last post i am up for it mate,:) all being well on the day :cool:

Trevor
06-04-2008, 20:51
If anyone is thinking of going to that area please be sensitive and careful not to camp anywhere under the control of English Nature or that is in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

Camping is banned in such areas, in order to protect them for everyone, and if people flout the regulations it could have a backlash of motorhomes being banned from car parks in the area totally.

Graham
Dont worry Graham it my local area and i know some places to stay, they are not in the dunes but still nice spots and i wll not say where they are, thats the idea of meeting somewhere legal the first night and the they will be revealed at the meet.:) agian depends on how many vans there are.

Graham Hadfield
06-04-2008, 22:03
Dont worry Graham it my local area and i know some places to stay, they are not in the dunes but still nice spots and i wll not say where they are, thats the idea of meeting somewhere legal the first night and the they will be revealed at the meet.:) agian depends on how many vans there are.

I'm not worried Trevor and I always hope that everyone enjoys themselves.

I do, though, get cheesed off when people deliberately flout regulations which have negative repercussions on everyone.

We have to remember that councils, national parks etc. have a lot of people to please, not just those of us who use motorhomes. It's an unfortunate fact that if vociferous opponents of any group are able to show evidence against that group because of the actions of a minority then, however unjust it might be, the majority of the group often suffer.

Graham

Trevor
06-04-2008, 22:12
I'm not worried Trevor and I always hope that everyone enjoys themselves.

I do, though, get cheesed off when people deliberately flout regulations which have negative repercussions on everyone.

We have to remember that councils, national parks etc. have a lot of people to please, not just those of us who use motorhomes. It's an unfortunate fact that if vociferous opponents of any group are able to show evidence against that group because of the actions of a minority then, however unjust it might be, the majority of the group often suffer.

Graham
Graham i am i total agreement with you also i have always been the type that got out and about in the countryside and followed the country code.
I am always carefull about where to stay, and i know the point you have made is a very important and valid one.
I thank you for making it Cheers.:)

irenerobbie
07-04-2008, 07:58
Ermmmm If i have the free time i will be coming along.:D.
I was thinking why not meet at the drift and for one night and take it from there i know a couple of places, depending on how many vans would turn out.
When i read this post i nearly wet my pants with excitement WHAT a meet in meet Northumberland great, even if it was only a few vans.:)

good idea trevor, keep it simple and go with the flow. nobody needs to get hassled about numbers or costs but a date would be good. i'm a definate but will be in spain from 24 april for 2 weeks. so,let me suggest a date, the weekend starting 18th april .No , its not too soon, just fuel up and go.
Kate

Trevor
07-04-2008, 09:20
good idea trevor, keep it simple and go with the flow. nobody needs to get hassled about numbers or costs but a date would be good. i'm a definate but will be in spain from 24 april for 2 weeks. so,let me suggest a date, the weekend starting 18th april .No , its not too soon, just fuel up and go.
Kate
Well thats a starting point anyway we will have to see where it go's from there nice one irenerobbie :)

lenny
07-04-2008, 21:39
Kate

I admire your enthusiasm ,Irenerobbie, lets go for it, 18/19 April, trouble is I've got commitments on the Saturday so I'll have to leave you to your own devises till I return Saturday eveningish:eek::D, then maybe after your holiday in the sun we will have a proper meet.

irenerobbie
08-04-2008, 11:54
that all sounds good to me. so the drift inn on the 18th.april. i will be there by afternoon, to check out the beer supply. well done folks

lenny
08-04-2008, 17:11
Good on ya,Irenerobbie ,looking forward to it:). Let's hope the weather improves by then:D

Don
08-04-2008, 17:32
It's not always the number of vans, often it's the areas they camp in. Plus, even if people on this forum agreed on a form of control there's no control over what other people looking for somewhere overnight might do.

As per Lenny's post, all such potential problems are overcome if somewhere like a pub car park is used with the landlord's blessing.

Graham

I thought we were Wild Campers there is a camp site at Beadnell C&CC.
No offence.

Don

Trevor
08-04-2008, 20:12
I thought we were Wild Campers there is a camp site
It's not wildcamping going on a campsite either, no offense taken mate :)

Don
Aye Don and they charge an arm and a leg for the pleasure the Drift in don't charge for one night as long as you have a drink or two or three, and they also sell good food.

Don
08-04-2008, 20:59
Glad to hear no offence taken, wouldnt want to fall out with forum friends.:D

Don

PS Didnt say I used it just said it was there. Give me a quiet corner of the country side, you wont know I had been there, leave nothing but footprints and take nothing but photo's.

bigpaul
09-04-2008, 19:31
Well if i aint on a fishing adventure i'll be there aswell........:)

lenny
09-04-2008, 19:36

Good lad ,Paul, Nice looking van, look forward to meeting you:cool:

Trevor
09-04-2008, 20:29
Nice one Paul hope to see you mate

Trevor
09-04-2008, 20:31
Glad to hear no offence taken, wouldnt want to fall out with forum friends.:D

Don

[QUOTE]PS Didnt say I used it just said it was there.
My apologies mate but no harm done :)

lenny
10-04-2008, 16:52
Why not come and join us at the above meet,(Just trying to keep this thread alive) we have possibly four takers so far.
It would be nice to see some of our Scottish friends down here:rolleyes:(mention no names):D

Hazy-thoughts
10-04-2008, 17:03
Bit too soon for us I am afraid, should certainly be able to join up with you on one of these soon though, all being well.

Have a Great time

Trevor
10-04-2008, 19:06
Why not come and join us at the above meet,(Just trying to keep this thread alive) we have possibly four takers so far.
It would be nice to see some of our Scottish friends down here:rolleyes:(mention no names):D
A possible four up to now not bad for short notice Lenny :cool:

sundown
10-04-2008, 19:26
well, i for one, would really like to take a trip down your way for a meet
but, as soon as the weather improves, (hopefully this weekend),
ive got a heap of bedding plants, and garden planters to sell at the market.
and i need the cash! :rolleyes:
hopefully i'll be down your way soon, in time for the next
northumberland meet. :D

lenny
10-04-2008, 20:00
well, i for one, would really like to take a trip down your way for a meet
but, as soon as the weather improves, (hopefully this weekend),
ive got a heap of bedding plants, and garden planters to sell at the market.
and i need the cash! :rolleyes:
hopefully i'll be down your way soon, in time for the next
northumberland meet. :D

Thanks Nick, I suppose you're right , you'll need to make some cash before you come down here cos we've all got nowt:eek::D.

Good luck at the market on Sunday

Trevor
10-04-2008, 20:07
I need to sell my body to get there, or maybe sell my soul to the devil :eek:

lenny
11-04-2008, 21:00
It,s definitely a go go ,:D the meet is on:eek:, following an e,mail confirmation with Kevinbird, the "Northumbrian Nomads":eek::) are meeting up at the Drift Inn on Friday 18th April to discuss plans for the rest of the weekend,there are four takers so far, If you'd like to join us then you're more than welcome

Trevor
11-04-2008, 21:46
It,s definitely a go go ,:D the meet is on:eek:, following an e,mail confirmation with Kevinbird, the "Northumbrian Nomads":eek::) are meeting up at the Drift Inn on Friday 18th April to discuss plans for the rest of the weekend,there are four takers so far, If you'd like to join us then you're more than welcome
Nice one Lenny,
I will ask the wife if she wants to come along as well :):cool:

Trevor
11-04-2008, 22:45
Anyone out there looking for somewhere to go next weekend you are welcome to come and join us at our meet just click on the link below to find out where it is at. ;):):D:cool:
http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2852

bigpaul
11-04-2008, 23:28
What time you's meeting up on friday 18th im going to try my best to get to it............:)

Trevor
12-04-2008, 11:32
What time you's meeting up on friday 18th im going to try my best to get to it............:)
I intend to get there between 6 and 7 pm all being well.:)

lenny
13-04-2008, 22:03
Just a little reminder and a post to keep this thread alive:rolleyes: we have the above meet next weekend(18th. April) and so far we have a possible four vans attending;), anyone else that would like to join us us would be a bonus:)
No definite plans for the weekend ,we'll just see how it goes.
So come and join us and enjoy the delights of the Northumbrian Coast:cool:
PS. this is where we meet up.

Trevor
14-04-2008, 08:36
Just a little reminder and a post to keep this thread alive:rolleyes: we have the above meet next weekend(18th. April) and so far we have a possible four vans attending;), anyone else that would like to join us us would be a bonus:)
No definite plans for the weekend ,we'll just see how it goes.
So come and join us and enjoy the delights of the Northumbrian Coast:cool:
PS. this is where we meet up.

Aye Lenny keep it going, hope the weather is good.
Not long to go now.

Polly
14-04-2008, 17:59
weekend not long enough for this jaunt. can't get away from work till about 4.00 -4.30pm on Friday. I'm a bit of a wimp for evening driving sorry .
Enjoy yourselves wish I could be with you all Thanks for the invatation.

lenny
14-04-2008, 18:07
weekend not long enough for this jaunt. can't get away from work till about 4.00 -4.30pm on Friday. I'm a bit of a wimp for evening driving sorry .
Enjoy yourselves wish I could be with you all Thanks for the invatation.

It's a pity you can't make it Polly :( I was looking forward to cutting up some bread trays for you :eek: and mending your dodgy heater:rolleyes::D

Never mind, maybe next time::cool:

Trevor
14-04-2008, 18:12
Been talking to Stan today Lenny, he might call in at the drift to see us.:)

lenny
14-04-2008, 18:17
Been talking to Stan today Lenny, he might call in at the drift to see us.:)
That's great ,Trev, how about Rod (Stewart):eek::D

Trevor
14-04-2008, 18:19
That's great ,Trev, how about Rod (Stewart):eek::D
Dont know i will give him a call.:cool:

Polly
14-04-2008, 18:26
don't want to change the thread but just a quick word.
bread trays cut up and ready for service. (dont tell anyone but the other weekend at Rugeley I put one under each wheel. Whats wrong with that? well i could not make a track by putting one in front of the other at my front wheels get the drift)
My gas fire I took the igniter of and it clicked each time so nothing wrong with that. Brought the front of the fire into the house to see where I was going wrong eg each time you pressed the igniter it fell out at the bottom. Son in law picked it up and showed me that a little piece of metal clicks onto the grill to stop it falling through.
no hope for me. ha ha ha

Trevor
14-04-2008, 18:37
don't want to change the thread but just a quick word.
bread trays cut up and ready for service. (dont tell anyone but the other weekend at Rugeley I put one under each wheel. Whats wrong with that? well i could not make a track by putting one in front of the other at my front wheels get the drift)
My gas fire I took the igniter of and it clicked each time so nothing wrong with that. Brought the front of the fire into the house to see where I was going wrong eg each time you pressed the igniter it fell out at the bottom. Son in law picked it up and showed me that a little piece of metal clicks onto the grill to stop it falling through.
no hope for me. ha ha ha
So is it fixed now Polly or not

Polly
14-04-2008, 19:30
YES!!!!!!!!!! mended.
I know you have not had your weekend yet any chance at any bank holidays or school holidays?????
I have never been over to Northumberland futhest up is Scarbourgh then Edinbourgh not the lovely bit in between

irenerobbie
14-04-2008, 20:07
leaving scotland thurs lunchtime. i'm self employed so i,ve given myself time off.. see you at the "drift" fri. keep on wilding. kate

lenny
14-04-2008, 20:30
leaving scotland thurs lunchtime. i'm self employed so i,ve given myself time off.. see you at the "drift" fri. keep on wilding. kate

Safe journey,Kate, When you get south of Berwick, be sure to take in some of the "coastal route" if you've got the time.

http://www.visitnorthumberland.info/text_coast.html

Looking forward to meeting you and all:)

Trevor
15-04-2008, 08:13
YES!!!!!!!!!! mended.
I know you have not had your weekend yet any chance at any bank holidays or school holidays?????
I have never been over to Northumberland futhest up is Scarbourgh then Edinbourgh not the lovely bit in between
Oh well glad you got your heating sorted, as for another meet in Northumberland we will have to wait and see if and when:)

Trevor
15-04-2008, 08:17
Lenny i think Rod is going to call in aswell, he had planed to go to Warkworth but said he might call in at the Drift.:)

lenny
15-04-2008, 17:38
Lenny i think Rod is going to call in aswell, he had planed to go to Warkworth but said he might call in at the Drift.:)

That's brill ,Trev, I can see it ending up with a singalong:eek::D

Trevor
15-04-2008, 19:26
That's brill ,Trev, I can see it ending up with a singalong:eek::D
If you start to sing i will be moving along alright, ten miles up the road mate.:)

Trevor
16-04-2008, 16:06
I dont think Rod can make the drift on friday but he may be at Hadson Saturday.

lenny
16-04-2008, 16:39
I dont think Rod can make the drift on friday but he may be at Hadson Saturday.

Never mind;), we'll still have a laugh:D,

BTW. Is there a dress code for the evening:p, The last time I was out on a Friday it was Tank Top and Flares:eek::D:cool:

Trevor
16-04-2008, 19:09
Never mind;), we'll still have a laugh:D,

BTW. Is there a dress code for the evening:p, The last time I was out on a Friday it was Tank Top and Flares:eek::D:cool:
I am not wearing a monkey suit thats for sure.
Anyway i was talking to Stan he said he is coming and so is Paul.:D

bigpaul
16-04-2008, 19:49
Aye am coming just been sorting me van out today all fixed now..........:)

Trevor
16-04-2008, 19:52
Aye am coming just been sorting me van out today all fixed now..........:)

Nice one Paul will see you there, what time are you planning on leaving home.:)

bigpaul
16-04-2008, 19:54
Nice one Paul will see you there, what time are you planning on leaving home.:)

Not sure trev what time you going up i was just going to follow stan up if hes down home we should go up in a convoy lol..........:)

Al have to remember to pop for some gas tomorrow i think its about to run out.

Trevor
16-04-2008, 20:01
I should be going about 6 or 7 o clock evening.;)

bigpaul
16-04-2008, 20:02
I should be going about 6 or 7 o clock evening.;)

ok trev sounds good to me looking forward to it should be a good laugh.

Trevor
16-04-2008, 20:04
ok trev sounds good to me looking forward to it should be a good laugh.
Well i hope so mate be nice to see you agian:)

sundown
16-04-2008, 21:09
hi guys
looks like you're gonna have a good weekend down there
I feel like I'm missing out!
not to worry, I'll make the next one

thats the spirit lenny, tank top, flares, platform shoes,
cancel the cabaret Kevin, who needs it. :eek: :D :D

grath
17-04-2008, 09:28
hi guys

The last time that I was out, I was wearing my Dinosaur skin:D
Have a good time folks:):):cool:

Trevor
17-04-2008, 09:47
Cheers Grath,
I am sure it going to be a good laugh and the weather has been nice and sunny up here, but low temperatures but a bit of cold ain't going to hurt.:)

Trevor
17-04-2008, 09:49
hi guys

Aye mon ye don't know wit ye are missing mate.
Maybe next time Nick.

Polly
17-04-2008, 19:02
Hi
HAVE A GREAT TIME
EAT DRINK AND BE MERRY.:D:D:D

cheesed off :(:(I can't come but one day yes

look forward to your write ups when you return if you return :D:D:D

lenny
17-04-2008, 19:33
Thanks,Polly ,I know how you feel, I remember when I missed the first Cromford meet, I was gutted:(, but never mind ,I'm already thinking on the lines of a meet down in your hemisphere or maybe halfway between us and yours.

Trevor
17-04-2008, 21:25
Well it's nearly time for the meet and its started raining, sods law.:D

Trevor
18-04-2008, 10:42
Well the weather is grey sky no rain at the moment but damp.
I must get on with sorting the van out now.:):cool:

tonyfu
04-05-2008, 07:21
Sorry to have missed this local get together, haven't been on here for a while. Hope it was a good weekend?

Tony

lenny
04-05-2008, 14:59
Sorry to have missed this local get together, haven't been on here for a while. Hope it was a good weekend?

Tony

Yes, you missed a good weekend,Tony, here's some comments and pics to give you an idea...

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3444

Hoping to have another one shortly:rolleyes::)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS