PDA

View Full Version : a nice warm van to come home to

chrisinbrighton
18-12-2013, 16:24
What does anyone think to one of these to turn your heating on so that you come home to a nice cozy van

GSM Switch UP TO 10 AMP LOADS - switch on your devices with your mobile!! | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GSM-Switch-UP-10-AMP-LOADS-switch-your-devices-your-mobile-/321083842615?pt=UK_Gadgets&var=&hash=item76c4913f38)

m30
18-12-2013, 16:43
I tried fitting a digital timer to our Truma heating last year. I firstly put in it the line from the room stat which wouldnt work, so then I took the selector switch apart and tried to work out some sort of schematic as to how it works, but never really got to any conclusion. The circuits seemed to be milli volts rather than the 12v I'm was hoping for. I dont know what heating system you have, but if its Truma and you can get hold of some sort of wiring diagram you might be able to sort it out.

Stu

chrisinbrighton
18-12-2013, 16:48
I tried fitting a digital timer to our Truma heating last year. I firstly put in it the line from the room stat which wouldnt work, so then I took the selector switch apart and tried to work out some sort of schematic as to how it works, but never really got to any conclusion. The circuits seemed to be milli volts rather than the 12v I'm was hoping for. I dont know what heating system you have, but if its Truma and you can get hold of some sort of wiring diagram you might be able to sort it out.

Stu
I have an eber but should work on propex webasto truma 1800/2400 ect anything that uses 12v to run they come in a 240v version too

vespalien
18-12-2013, 17:45
How big is your van to need pre-heating? Ours warms up within a minute or less of lighting the heater. Obviously it can take 30 mins or so to get fully up to temp, but it is noticeably warmer almost as soon as the heater is lit or even if the kettle is put on, enough to make it OK to take your coat off anyway.

chrisinbrighton
18-12-2013, 18:22
How big is your van to need pre-heating? Ours warms up within a minute or less of lighting the heater. Obviously it can take 30 mins or so to get fully up to temp, but it is noticeably warmer almost as soon as the heater is lit or even if the kettle is put on, enough to make it OK to take your coat off anyway.

my vans not that big I suppose it's more boys toys gizmos ect Though I like the idea of being half a mile down a windy cold beach walking he dog take out my mobile & switch on he heating so it's warm to get into works the other way in the summer to turn the cold air on to come back to a cool van

m1cxf
20-12-2013, 12:00
If we are away with our van and the weather is cold I just leave the Ebby switched on using a low setting. I run my heater on red diesel, I can buy a lot of red diesel for the cost of one of those switches!!!!

TJ

shawbags
21-12-2013, 19:00
Hi Chris , seems a lot of dosh for what it does mate , I wouldn't bother , cheers.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS