PDA

View Full Version : Apollo A7510 Resined UP and ready to inject my spongy floor once and for all :-)

markgroves
20-12-2013, 14:08
Anyone done it before !!

Tips, tricks and all the advice in the world most welcome :cheers:

Philcott
20-12-2013, 14:17
and when you've done yours, would you mind popping over and doing mine? You would only have to cut one bit out and replace it, and resin another couple of soft spots! :dance::dog:

markgroves
20-12-2013, 14:45
I`m going to attempt it using this method of drilling holes in the floor right to the bottom without going through ... Obviously !! :-) lol

I`m then going to put a straight bit of timber right across the floor area, and drill holes through this so that I can screw through it into the ply, and pull it back up to meet the timber, as the floor has concaved slightly

Sound like a plan !!!! :-)

Rodeo
20-12-2013, 15:27
I can see the logic to 'jacking up' the floor to pump in resin,but is this a recognised problem with some makes then?..just curious...

maingate
20-12-2013, 16:40
If I were you I would have a look underneath with a view to adding a strengthener underneath. A few years ago some Autotrails left the factory with missing floor support sections. If the support is not there it will sag again in time.

markgroves
21-12-2013, 12:03
I can see the logic to 'jacking up' the floor to pump in resin,but is this a recognised problem with some makes then?..just curious...

It seems to be swift problem, as I had a Conquerer Caravan years back that did the same thing

I think Delamination is quite common though in general .. it happens mostly in high traffic areas ...

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS