PDA

View Full Version : Booked With LD lines

Kontiki
20-12-2013, 20:34
Thats it booked the Poole to Santander with LD lines leaving on 25th Jan. Found when booking cost was the same even if I chose a larger van size, our van is 7.4 mtrs & just under 3.2 mtrs high but found that it was the same price for 8 mtrs x 4.2 mtrs, cost was 632 return with 4 berth inside cabin. Driven down from Calais for the last 7 winters but now finding it just tiring & running out of variations to the route. We have also had some terrible weather in France that time of year, cost is dearer than driving but we will gain an extra week at least in Spain without the drive.
Can't decide wether to have a couple of weeks on a campsite or might just wildcamp along the south coast.

Siimplyloco
20-12-2013, 22:10
I just did a one-way test booking with Brittany ferries from Portsmouth and it was 424: it was 316 with LD lines. Poole is another 10 in fuel for us from Hamble but that's no contest!
John

El Veterano
21-12-2013, 07:00
Thats it booked the Poole to Santander with LD lines leaving on 25th Jan. Found when booking cost was the same even if I chose a larger van size, our van is 7.4 mtrs & just under 3.2 mtrs high but found that it was the same price for 8 mtrs x 4.2 mtrs, cost was 632 return with 4 berth inside cabin. Driven down from Calais for the last 7 winters but now finding it just tiring & running out of variations to the route. We have also had some terrible weather in France that time of year, cost is dearer than driving but we will gain an extra week at least in Spain without the drive.
Can't decide wether to have a couple of weeks on a campsite or might just wildcamp along the south coast.

At last, a really straight to the point and useful post on this, the age old problem. Thanks

Hobbsy
21-12-2013, 07:58
good price, its alway over 850 when i quote it... i want to do this next year if i can afford it. let us know where you stay!

Kontiki
22-12-2013, 16:50
good price, its alway over 850 when i quote it... i want to do this next year if i can afford it. let us know where you stay!

Thinking of mainly wild camping this time, last couple of times had about a month on a campsite but have usually wildcamped. We were going to go La Manga as it is handy there for getting the inflatable canoe out on the Mar Men or but then got to thinking are we taking the canoe to go to La Manga or are we going to La Manga so we have to take the canoe!!! Thinking now leave the canoe (save about 25kgs) forget La Manga & go back to our old ways which are we'll tell you where we are going when we get back because we don't know yet. I save the places we stay as poi's with the date as a name, helps us to recognise what the photos are.

Does anybody know what power points (if any) they have in the cabins on the ferries, need to be able to charge netbook & tablets.

antiquesam
22-12-2013, 17:07
Thinking of mainly wild camping this time, last couple of times had about a month on a campsite but have usually wildcamped. We were going to go La Manga as it is handy there for getting the inflatable canoe out on the Mar Men or but then got to thinking are we taking the canoe to go to La Manga or are we going to La Manga so we have to take the canoe!!! Thinking now leave the canoe (save about 25kgs) forget La Manga & go back to our old ways which are we'll tell you where we are going when we get back because we don't know yet. I save the places we stay as poi's with the date as a name, helps us to recognise what the photos are.

Does anybody know what power points (if any) they have in the cabins on the ferries, need to be able to charge netbook & tablets.

Seem to remember they are 2 pin continental

noarlunga
26-12-2013, 11:47
Our last trip on LD Lines was from St Nazaire to Gijon. When we got to the port, the ferry was stuck in dry dock due to a local strike and so we spent the night in the terminal car park and sailed the next day.

In compensation LD Lines offered a 50% discount on our next booking so we've just booked one way, Poole to Gijon in May - at 172 including cabin.

Result! Finisterre and Santiago Di Compostela here we come.

Johnny A

Kontiki
26-12-2013, 15:58
In the T&C it says that delay in arrival up to 3 hours = 0, 3 to 6 hours 25%, over 6 hours 50%. I'm not bothered about a 6 hour delay if they refund 50%, as long as it's not too rough :boat:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS