PDA

View Full Version : Battery rechargers

dippingatoe
22-12-2013, 13:51
I generally use rechargeable batteries for things like the wireless mouse, the camera etc. I am getting an RV which is all fully set up (I hope) for off site parking up, but any tips as to what battery charger to get. The one I have is ok and works, but is a bit manky from when someone tried to charge ordinary batteries in there. I use various sizes of battery and my current charge copes with all of them. Shall I just clean it up and carry on with that? Or am I better to get something that will charge from a 12 v

Electricity is a mystery as far as I am concerned.

Alf
22-12-2013, 14:05
There are quite a selection of rechargeable battery charges for 12 v from slow charging to fast charging if you only use AA and AAA just get a small charger for these batteries if your current one is iffy bin it bontebok start a fire with a iffy charger
Alf

I generally use rechargeable batteries for things like the wireless mouse, the camera etc. I am getting an RV which is all fully set up (I hope) for off site parking up, but any tips as to what battery charger to get. The one I have is ok and works, but is a bit manky from when someone tried to charge ordinary batteries in there. I use various sizes of battery and my current charge copes with all of them. Shall I just clean it up and carry on with that? Or am I better to get something that will charge from a 12 v

Electricity is a mystery as far as I am concerned.

Brian the snail
22-12-2013, 14:34
Hi dippingatoe,

If you want to Off site park you really want to use 12 volt chargers otherwise you will need an inverter or run a generator just to charge those batteries.

Clive

John Thompson
22-12-2013, 15:06
There are quite a selection of rechargeable battery charges for 12 v from slow charging to fast charging if you only use AA and AAA just get a small charger for these batteries if your current one is iffy bin it bontebok start a fire with a iffy charger
Alf

Have you any info on these as battery charging of AA & AAA cells are the only things we haven't yet changed to 12v. The my rechargeable shaver takes mains in to charge so that and Joan's hair dryer and the blender will still need 240v from the inverter for a short burst. Battery charging however is a longer term thing.

Alf
22-12-2013, 15:28
My charger is a Mains or 12v charger I will check what make but there is a good ring 12v charger for AA or AAA batteries on Amazon see
Ring Automotive AA/ AAA In-Car Battery Charger
by Ring Automotive
Just been to check mine in the van it's a Fujifilm worldwide charger it takes 4batteries in pairs of AA or AAA
I have had it a few years and it's been a good charger, I did note one in Tesco a while ago that you could select normal or fast charge

Alf

QUOTE=John Thompson;380521]Have you any info on these as battery charging of AA & AAA cells are the only things we haven't yet changed to 12v. The my rechargeable shaver takes mains in to charge so that and Joan's hair dryer and the blender will still need 240v from the inverter for a short burst. Battery charging however is a longer term thing.[/QUOTE]

ricc
22-12-2013, 15:32
theres loads of 12 volt aa/aaa chargers on fleabay that just plug into the cigar socket, but why not get a solar one that will sit on top of the dashboard.? with the 12 volt one only for dismal days. i keep a solar powered torch on the dashboard so its always ready and to hand.
i get round shaving by using a bic disposable with soap and water.

maingate
22-12-2013, 15:38
I just use an 80 watt inverter to charge up batteries. I have 2 chargers, a fast one and a Maplins one. The Maplins one does AA, AAA and the small 9 Volt ones as well.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS