PDA

View Full Version : new tyres

exwindsurfer
25-12-2013, 09:34
Hi there i have just bought a set of new tryes for my van 225/65/16 GT radials summer tyres .Was wondering has anybody used them and what did they think of them i couldnt refuse them at the price i payed .

lebesset
25-12-2013, 10:21
hope you bought the correct size and load index !

and what are you going to do if we all think they are rubbish !

exwindsurfer
25-12-2013, 10:27
hope you bought the correct size and load index !

and what are you going to do if we all think they are rubbish !

The load rating is the same as my old tyres but they are an inch bigger as i am going to fit alloy wheels after the winter months . the rolling distance compared to my 15in tyres is a fraction more but not to bother the speed that much .

lebesset
25-12-2013, 15:03
make sure you get the correct rim width for the wider tyre , you are possibly outside the limits on the existing rims ; also it is easy to get the wrong offset when you fit wider wheels

witzend
25-12-2013, 22:59
When you fit your new oversize wheels and tyres don't forget your insurance company would like to know better to tell them than they find out if your ever unfortunate enough to have to make a claim

seadogjon
26-12-2013, 10:50
Hi there i have just bought a set of new tryes for my van 225/65/16 GT radials summer tyres .Was wondering has anybody used them and what did they think of them i couldnt refuse them at the price i payed .

we are running on those ,recommended by local tyre place,done a 2 thousand mile tour round france and belgium in september ,they seem pretty good.and eighty quid a corner.

exwindsurfer
26-12-2013, 11:08
we are running on those ,recommended by local tyre place,done a 2 thousand mile tour round france and belgium in september ,they seem pretty good.and eighty quid a corner.

Hi there and thanks ,my mate who got them for me had said they had a good write up and he sell a lot .Was just wondering what other people thought of them .Wont be putting them on till about march as ive a set of nokian snow tyres on at the mo .

Jeff

exwindsurfer
26-12-2013, 11:33
Hi David i need a second set of wheels any way as my snow tyres are stopping on my steel rims so i thought a nice set of alloys would look good lol .

Jeff

exwindsurfer
26-12-2013, 12:01
I dont like low profile tyres at all they are to harsh on the road for me .I Like a nice ride .

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS