PDA

View Full Version : Cassette toilets at Ribblehead

RoaminRog
26-12-2013, 19:43
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to empty cassette toilets at The Station Inn, Ribblehead please.

Regards Rog.

Firefox
26-12-2013, 20:28
Give them a ring:
The Station Inn - Ribblehead Viaduct, Ingleton, LA6 3A6 (http://www.thestationinn.net/)

Usually, if staying at a pub, I don't like to bother them with cassette emptying. Some are OK but others it is just a hassle which turns them against campers.

RoaminRog
27-12-2013, 07:18
Ok thanks firefox, will do.

See you at the weekend!

Regards Rog.

kimbowbill
27-12-2013, 08:30
There is a manhole cover right at the bottom of the car park, I didn't use it but another member did with the permission of the landlady, the pub is open I think all day so you would be able to use the loos inside.

vespalien
27-12-2013, 09:39
There is a manhole cover right at the bottom of the car park, I didn't use it but another member did with the permission of the landlady, the pub is open I think all day so you would be able to use the loos inside.

If you can manage the manhole, it would be a lot nicer (and more polite) than carrying your cassette into the pub & cleaning up any splashes after.

I don't mind emptying cassettes without chemicals into outside loos or public loos, but would think very carefully before carrying a cassette into a home or pub, especially if food is served there. It's not really about the actual risk of contamination or disease, just the unpleasantness, & the perceptions of other guests or residents. After all, prejudice is all about perceptions rather than reality, so why would we propagate hatred of Motorhome users?

Amethyst
27-12-2013, 09:48
There are public toilets in Horton in Ribblesdale just down the road.

Also at Stainforth the other side of Helwith Bridge.

Rob

RoaminRog
27-12-2013, 13:33
Ok, thanks everybody. I've had a word with the landlord this morning, and he was perfectly happy for us to use the septic tank. I presume that is the manhole in the carpark, but I will double check before I make a mistake.
Thanks for your replies and a Happy New Year to you all:)

rolandrat
27-12-2013, 13:36
There's a sewage works in Ingleton just before the bridge on the left hand side, northbound.

Tony Lee
27-12-2013, 18:17
and he was perfectly happy for us to use the septic tank.

If it is a septic system, you will need to be careful in your choice of chemicals

kimbowbill
31-12-2013, 07:03
If you can manage the manhole, it would be a lot nicer (and more polite) than carrying your cassette into the pub & cleaning up any splashes after.

I don't mind emptying cassettes without chemicals into outside loos or public loos, but would think very carefully before carrying a cassette into a home or pub, especially if food is served there. It's not really about the actual risk of contamination or disease, just the unpleasantness, & the perceptions of other guests or residents. After all, prejudice is all about perceptions rather than reality, so why would we propagate hatred of Motorhome users?

I didn't mean to take the cassette into the pub, I meant to use the loo,take your body into the Loos lol, I would never take a cassette into a pub or advice it either.

kimbowbill
31-12-2013, 07:11

I didn't mean to carry the cassette into the loo, I meant take your body, I would never use inside loos to empty cassettes nor would I advice, I can see how you have read it, but really, does your response need to be so patronising, I don't think anyone on here would take a cassette into a pub.

mariesnowgoose
31-12-2013, 10:29
I think vespalien just got the wrong end of the stick, Jenny ;) (hope it didn't have poo on it! :lol-053: )

RoaminRog
02-01-2014, 18:17
Thanks everybody for your replies, for future reference there is a black manhole cover in the car park which is absolutely fine for cassettes and grey water. Al and Jo are the perfect hosts and nothing appears to be too much trouble for them.

Regards Rog.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS