PDA

View Full Version : Lake district to edinburgh

paul h
26-12-2013, 21:48
We are setting off from bolton 28th to edinburgh to arrive 30th staying on campsite for 2 nights there we have never been past penrith (apart from stag do in edinburgh )and wondered what must see places and wild spots eateries people can recommend thank you in advance

molly 2
27-12-2013, 00:24
if its not too far off you route the beamish arms at beamish is a good pup stop free if you eat . bazz

zipnolan
27-12-2013, 03:12
Oh No, the cow yeds are moving North. :wacko:

outtolunch
27-12-2013, 08:21
you could divert a bit from the main route up and go through Hawick to take advantage of the free overnight motorhome parking provided, don't know about eateries but has real ale pubs :)

johnmac185
27-12-2013, 09:16
you could divert a bit from the main route up and go through Hawick to take advantage of the free overnight motorhome parking provided, don't know about eateries but has real ale pubs :)

Hi Paul
Not much of a diversion going via Hawick to Edinburgh, just takes a bit longer, take the A7 from the M6 at J44 all the way to Edinburgh,,Hawick is great place to stop i do it regular going down and up when visiting family, plenty places to eat, you will see a couple of places from the parking area and also some more along the High Street, hope u have a good trip and Happy New Year,,,John

paul h
27-12-2013, 09:34
thanks people for your answers so far, was going to go through harwick rather than the rather than going a(m74)

zipnolan
Oh No, the cow yeds are moving North.

Be carefull i might just go over the border to claphams near the police station and buy up all the pies causing panic and pandamonium throughout leigh as nobody will have a pie for on there barn cake

maingate
27-12-2013, 10:49
I can recommend Hawick as well. Apart from anything else there is a big Park nearby if you need to exercise a dog.

Also a water point adjacent to the dedicated motorhome area.

johnmac185
27-12-2013, 21:53
Hi Paul
Not much of a diversion going via Hawick to Edinburgh, just takes a bit longer, take the A7 from the M6 at J44 all the way to Edinburgh,,Hawick is great place to stop i do it regular going down and up when visiting family, plenty places to eat, you will see a couple of places from the parking area and also some more along the High Street, hope u have a good trip and Happy New Year,,,John

Co-ords for Hawick are 55.423083,-2.79101, is also on the POI's,,J

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS