PDA

View Full Version : Bio toilet fluid.

Obanboy666
27-12-2013, 10:32
Will be wild camping in the new year and looking at various forums i need to start using a bio toilet fluid to prevent my toilet waste screwing up septic tanks etc.
Anyone have suggestions for a suitable brand ?

Sky
27-12-2013, 10:44
The cheapest tablets from Lidl or Aldi are the most popular.

Their cheapest toilet roll degrades fast and is favourite too.

Both much cheaper than chemicals and better IMO. :)

Tbear
27-12-2013, 10:51
Any, Makes no difference. They all work. None are good for septic tanks, just less bad for septic systems than bleach or formaldehyde type things. They will not harm normal sewage CDP systems either.

Richard

outtolunch
27-12-2013, 11:15
I got a bottle of Morrissons savers bio liquid and used that for the first time 2 weeks ago and because I have parked closer to the wall than usual the tank has not been emptied and can report it smells much better in there now than it would have done with the usual formaldehyde mix.

tugair
27-12-2013, 11:51
Concor with previous post 're Morrision' s budget range bio washing liquid. Quite a few of my Mhoming friends and ourselves are using now this and it's very good. Tank is very clean; all waste is degraded to liquid and most importantly, no smell. Couldn't't believe I'd been spending mega bucks for years on "proper toilet blues" etc.

MykCamper
27-12-2013, 13:21
:rolleyes2:I,m a bit confused here! Is it ok to use Bio washing liquid in place of Toilet chemicals for degrading the effluent (for want of a more explicit word)? If so, what strength or ratio works?:sad:

Motorhomelover
27-12-2013, 13:29
Why use any thing ?
I have never used any thing in my toilet every few months I empty put in a cup of washing powder. With about 5ltr water. Drive around and then empty. Neve have any trouble or smells. Liquid and tablets are a waste of money.
Many RV owners. Never use toilet additives no need for them

Motorhomelover
27-12-2013, 13:33
:rolleyes2:I,m a bit confused here! Is it ok to use Bio washing liquid in place of Toilet chemicals for degrading the effluent (for want of a more explicit word)? If so, what strength or ratio works?:sad:

The fluids do not brake down the solid human waste instantly. They take many weeks to work if like most people you empty your tank every few days. Then you do not need the chemicals as your just wasting money.
Use bio washing to clean the tank. Not to battle the solids they go down the drain. Any way

Hope this helps. Mines a pint ( out of your savings). He he he

Tezza33
27-12-2013, 13:38
Hope this helps. Mines a pint ( out of your savings). He he heOK, when I empty mine I will save you a pint, it is a strange request but each to their own ;)

Sharon the Cat
27-12-2013, 13:56
OK, when I empty mine I will save you a pint, it is a strange request but each to their own ;)

Nearly fell off my chair when I read that.
:lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049:

Sky
27-12-2013, 16:19
Why use any thing ?

Indeed. I quite often go without anything now that it's that much colder. I used two tablets in summer, then cut down to one. Now that the temperature is averaging below 10c I don't use any unless I can't empty for a few days.

If I can empty every three or four days I use nothing. Anything over that, I pop in a tablet to stop the the chances of any smell.

When I used blue chemicals it always smelled bad even after just a day or two.

Tbear
27-12-2013, 16:26
The fluids do not brake down the solid human waste instantly. They take many weeks to work if like most people you empty your tank every few days. Then you do not need the chemicals as your just wasting money.
Use bio washing to clean the tank. Not to battle the solids they go down the drain. Any way

Hope this helps. Mines a pint ( out of your savings). He he he

Nothing works instantly. The Bio is based on an enzyme so does help to brake down organic matter a little faster. It helps with smells more than Blue does. It is less damaging to some sewage systems than some chemicals often used. It makes emptying the cassette a little less unpleasant and cleaning it easier. If that is not worth a few pence a week then don't use it.

Richard

MykCamper
27-12-2013, 18:42
Many thanks for all that! :) I only drink Real Ale:tongue: so I Could buy you a pint of that instead!!! :scared: If you prefer!

tugair
27-12-2013, 19:02

Yep, Bio washing liquid! Think about it....it gets rid of food stains, sweat etc, so other human waste will go same way. We and Mhomers use a capful in our cassettes, ours is a C250. Keeps the cassette in sparkling condition AND a nice smell. Try it, I think Morrison's was 1.73 for a litre. Compare that to a litre of toilet fluid.

Tezza33
27-12-2013, 20:30
Just tried it, worked great until it told me to go to the final spin, snapped my satellite dish off

Daiboy
27-12-2013, 23:02
Just tried it, worked great until it told me to go to the final spin, snapped my satellite dish off

Serves you bl**dy right if you were a proper bio toilet liquid type person you'd have a wire coat hanger not one of them new fangled satay dishy things. Lol

Daiboy. Xx

Lone Wolf
28-12-2013, 08:03
Using bio washing liquid sounds like a brilliant idea! We've used the "blue" for years, but often get a smelly loo if we've been away for a few days, unable to empty! :eek: I certainly want to give this a try but can anyone tell me what ratio of washing liquid to water?

Tbear
28-12-2013, 08:46
Using bio washing liquid sounds like a brilliant idea! We've used the "blue" for years, but often get a smelly loo if we've been away for a few days, unable to empty! :eek: I certainly want to give this a try but can anyone tell me what ratio of washing liquid to water?

Don't expect perfect results but we find it smells and works a bit better, cheaper and seems more environmentally friendly. We use a good capful if we think their is a chance that we will fill the cassette, plus you can always add a bit more to cover for a good curry. :)

Richard

Daiboy
28-12-2013, 13:52
Best and cheapest are the Aldi/Lidl "Almat" brand either tablets or liquid. 1 tablet is good for about 3 days if you can't empty then just add another. The liquid a capful is equivalent to a tablet so same applies. Plus if you have a septet ate water tank for your flush water use the liquid or dilute some in a spray bottle and spray your pan after use to keep it clean and smelling fresh.

Dai. Xx

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS