PDA

View Full Version : Microfibre towels

Lone Wolf
28-12-2013, 16:08
Having just become a full member & posted a few questions - to which I had many helpful replies, I would just like to give a little back! I am highly recommending the "car cloth" sold in Halfords......Halfords | Halfords Advanced Supersize Microfibre Cleaning Cloth (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_77 6605_langId_-1_categoryId_165609) I use it indoors as it makes the best tea towel I have ever used, but more importantly, it makes a terrific hand / face / body towel for using in the van. It measures 75 x 45cm & is cream with a blue ribbon edge - so it even looks nice! It is super absorbent & also dries very quickly. All in all it's a must for campers & caravans. And "no" - I'm not on commission for Halfords - just wanted to share an extremely good product!! If any one gets one - DON'T use fabric softener as it noticeably stops it from drying as well.

Alf
28-12-2013, 17:27
They seem rather expensive we bought our extra large bath towel for a little bit more than that cost there was a small hand towel included in the price,we have used micro fibre towels for in the van for years they dry ever so quickly and take less room up

Alf

Sky
28-12-2013, 17:43
Spoilt for choice here. (http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/276-9839834-4247560?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=microfibre%20towel&sprefix=microf%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Amicrofibre%20towel)

Personally, I've always found Halfords' to be too expensive on most things. My last visit was to buy a headlamp bulb; Halfords' wanted 14.95, but I got one down the road in a car accessory shop for 2.50.

Mastodon
28-12-2013, 17:48
Try Decathlon. They have a wide range of sizes and colours. Good value too

kellyjohn
28-12-2013, 18:16
I bought a couple off ebay for van as took forever for towels to dry think paid 9 pound for two v good as in van full time cheers john

shawbags
28-12-2013, 18:27
Nice perfumed wet wipe are great but if you get the wrong ones they smell like wee wee !! , :idea: or could it be me :lol-049: :wacko: , Shawbags.

exwindsurfer
28-12-2013, 18:32
Having just become a full member & posted a few questions - to which I had many helpful replies, I would just like to give a little back! I am highly recommending the "car cloth" sold in Halfords......Halfords | Halfords Advanced Supersize Microfibre Cleaning Cloth (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_77 6605_langId_-1_categoryId_165609) I use it indoors as it makes the best tea towel I have ever used, but more importantly, it makes a terrific hand / face / body towel for using in the van. It measures 75 x 45cm & is cream with a blue ribbon edge - so it even looks nice! It is super absorbent & also dries very quickly. All in all it's a must for campers & caravans. And "no" - I'm not on commission for Halfords - just wanted to share an extremely good product!! If any one gets one - DON'T use fabric softener as it noticeably stops it from drying as well.

I just may have a look at them cheers.

Sky
28-12-2013, 18:41
I just may have a look at them cheers.

Me too - I must admit I've never tried them for drying myself (the no-fabric-softener idea is interesting).

Sorry Lone Wolf, I should have thanked you for the tip in my first post. :)

Welcome to the forum BTW. :goodluck:

vindiboy
28-12-2013, 18:46
We bought ours in Portugal,cheap as chips and a great product dries your body very well after a shower and easy quick to dry them after.we use them in the van and at home too.

Alf
28-12-2013, 19:07
Aldi 2nd January 2014 Micro Fibre towel in a bag 60mm x 120mm 3.99 Pink,Orange, Blue or Grey

see link

Alf

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-2nd-january/product-detail/ps/p/microfibre-towel-in-a-bag/

Sharon the Cat
28-12-2013, 19:15
We've just got 2 as Christmas presents. Mega bath sheet size as I like to wrap up & drip dry.

We've taken the 'privacy' curtain down from round the bed in our MH as the dogs have already seen it all. I sew small loops on our towels so that they hang from the curtain rail to dry. In fact they live there all the time.

yorkieowl
28-12-2013, 19:32
I also use one, as a drainer, cum tea towel, highly recommended, bought from B n Q 4.

simbadog
28-12-2013, 19:39
Aldi 2nd January 2014 Micro Fibre towel in a bag 60mm x 120mm 3.99 Pink,Orange, Blue or Grey

see link

Alf

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-2nd-january/product-detail/ps/p/microfibre-towel-in-a-bag/

Bit small! about 4" x 6" :lol-053:

Alf
28-12-2013, 19:55
With micro fibre towels you need to pat yourself dry not rub they work better this way, they do dry out super quick

Alf

Me too - I must admit I've never tried them for drying myself (the no-fabric-softener idea is interesting).

Sorry Lone Wolf, I should have thanked you for the tip in my first post. :)

Welcome to the forum BTW. :goodluck:

Alf
28-12-2013, 19:58
This size is only good for a hand towel or tea towel I was pointing out the OP Halfords price is way over the top for a smaller size towel

francophile1947
28-12-2013, 20:53
There's usually packs of various sizes on Ebay, at very cheap prices. I bought two packs last year and they are really useful:cool:

Tezza33
28-12-2013, 22:40
If anybody is thinking of buying from Halfords check their online price first, I just bought a bike cover for somebody and the online price was 15.99, I go past every few days so I thought it must be on offer so I will just collect but no they wanted 19.99, no problem for me because I went home and the day before I went past again I ordered it online and clicked 'pick up from store', they gave me a code and the day after the same person that wanted me to give him 19.99 accepted 16.99 because it is cheaper online, bizarre in a way but saved me 4

Motorhomelover
29-12-2013, 00:54

Asda sell them in packs of three for 3.00 bargain. Yellow red blue.

Lone Wolf
29-12-2013, 09:12
Depends how big your bits are!!! :banana:

Lone Wolf
29-12-2013, 09:16
They seem rather expensive we bought our extra large bath towel for a little bit more than that cost there was a small hand towel included in the price,we have used micro fibre towels for in the van for years they dry ever so quickly and take less room up

Alf
Yes - they are a little more expensive but I think they are worth it as they are softer & thicker than alot of microfibre towels. I have 2 bathsheets from Mountain Warehouse & they are great for drying but you have to get past the very "thin" feel of them! The Halfords smaller towel dries the whole of you as good as a bathsheet size!

mariesnowgoose
29-12-2013, 12:01
There are so many different types of microfibre cloths and some are much better than others.

I got a couple of largish, thick microfibre cloths from Poundland and they've lasted absolutely ages.
I use them for general household cleaning/drying, they're really absorbent.
The quality of a lot of microfibre cloths can be really poor, so choose with care.

Tip: you should never use fabric conditioner on any towels/tea towels/cleaning/drying cloths.

Fact: it coats the fabric and makes it far less absorbent.

I haven't used fabric conditioner on these sort of items for donkeys years.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS