PDA

View Full Version : Gas fire Blowing out on new Autotrail

Laurieash
28-12-2013, 19:09
Hi all i have a 6 month old Auto trail Apachi 700 the problem is that if its windy the gas fire keeps blowing out, then relighting its self.
what use is a gas fire if you carnt use it when its cold an wet and windy that!s when you need it the most.
I belive that you can get a different top for the cowl,
who should pay for this? me or the dealer any one else had the same fault?
Laurie.

sasquatch
28-12-2013, 19:16
Back to the dealer,it is still under warranty and if the fire doesn't work properly it is deemed 'unfit for purpose'.

Laurieash
28-12-2013, 19:32
Back to the dealer,it is still under warranty and if the fire doesn't work properly it is deemed 'unfit for purpose'.

Can i take it to any Dealer for to fix?

Alf
28-12-2013, 20:01
In theory yes but the reply would properly be they are not designed for very windy weather ??

Alf

Can i take it to any Dealer for to fix?

molly 2
28-12-2013, 20:56
In my experience dealers. Don't want to know about warranty work unless. You bought it from them, it's not like a car main dealer that has to do the work, I had a new motor home that had to go back to the factory rather. Than a local dealer do the work, 550 mile trip at their expenses.

sasquatch
28-12-2013, 21:12
Generally the contract is with you and the dealer from whom you bought it. If the dealer is a distance still you should contact them and sort out a more local repair.

PinkFlowerPetal
28-12-2013, 21:46
Hi all i have a 6 month old Auto trail Apachi 700 the problem is that if its windy the gas fire keeps blowing out, then relighting its self.
what use is a gas fire if you carnt use it when its cold an wet and windy that!s when you need it the most.
I belive that you can get a different top for the cowl,
who should pay for this? me or the dealer any one else had the same fault?
Laurie.

I think that this is a common fault with gas fires. I have put an extension pipe on the flue outlet, this has helped a lot, but it still blows out occasionally.

winks
28-12-2013, 22:24
Not sure if this is relevant but we have never lost the flame from the burner in windy conditions and the only thing I can think of which could affect the flue draught is the terminal up top.

I've seen loads of vans with the standard end to the flue but relatively few with the same arrangement as ours and the only difference is the diameter of the sheds fitted to the end. Form memory I think the larger diameter ones are called something like snow cowls...

Might be worth asking your dealer to fit a set because they are only a few quid and might just solve the problem for you and the dealer.

Laurieash
30-12-2013, 16:29
Thanks all tryed to get in touch with Dealer but closed until 2nd Jan. but we go on euro tunnel on 6th Jan so hope its not 2 cold in France:sad:
so fast track to Spain me thinks.:lol-053:
Laurie.

lebesset
30-12-2013, 20:24
Thanks all tryed to get in touch with Dealer but closed until 2nd Jan. but we go on euro tunnel on 6th Jan so hope its not 2 cold in France:sad:
so fast track to Spain me thinks.:lol-053:
Laurie.

johns cross are members here and agents ....east sussex wouldn't be much out of your way ; why not give them a try to see if they could help by fitting you in

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS