PDA

View Full Version : Safe spot near Benicasim?

Sandylands
31-12-2013, 11:22
In January 2014 we are off to Spain. We're travelling down to Albir near Benidorm and wanted to stop off around Benicasim, I've noticed there is an aire near the main N340 but have heard mixed tales about using autoroute aires. Has anyone used this aire? or do you have alternative suggestions for this area? There is a Lidl in Benicasim which when you look on google maps you can see a motorhome on the car park. Are these car parks OK to use?

kenspain
31-12-2013, 11:38
In January 2014 we are off to Spain. We're travelling down to Albir near Benidorm and wanted to stop off around Benicasim, I've noticed there is an aire near the main N340 but have heard mixed tales about using autoroute aires. Has anyone used this aire? or do you have alternative suggestions for this area? There is a Lidl in Benicasim which when you look on google maps you can see a motorhome on the car park. Are these car parks OK to use?

The last time I heard was in the summer when there was some problems If I was you I would go into the town and find somewhere to stop that time of the year I might be safer for you.:wave:

wints
31-12-2013, 12:30
In January 2014 we are off to Spain There is a Lidl in Benicasim which when you look on google maps you can see a motorhome on the car park. Are these car parks OK to use?

We overnighted in the road opposite Lidl Feb 2013, along with maybe 10 other vanc, and a caravan. Very open, felt safe. Police drove past at least twice.
We've seen this road used by vans when we've stopped at Bonterra in past years.

Further into town,at the south end of the 'prom', near an ancient brick tower, there used to be a gravel road that got quite busy with vans. I think that got stopped a couple of years ago, but slightly inland (west) by only a few hundred yards a big parking area opened up. I was told that opened last year.

regards
Allen

Garcia
31-12-2013, 13:06
There is a gravel car park a hundred or so meters back from the beach in the centre of Benicassim alongside the dried up river valley (occasionally full of sheep). Sign says No Caravans , but I,ve seen loads of vans on it and used it myself a couple of times. I was there at start of Dec . Only one other van , German couple.
Some one had defaced the No caravan sign with a note that said words to the effect of.??ignore this ....it is illegal under Spanish law to stop you parking here...so we parked.You have to come into it from the south side of town as the two sea front roads are one wayers.
Would NOT recommend motorway Aires in Spain.
Have also seen vans on the Lidl car park in Benicassim.
Garcia

Shockingdog
31-12-2013, 13:45
There is a gravel car park a hundred or so meters back from the beach in the centre of Benicassim alongside the dried up river valley (occasionally full of sheep). Sign says No Caravans , but I,ve seen loads of vans on it and used it myself a couple of times. I was there at start of Dec . Only one other van , German couple.
Some one had defaced the No caravan sign with a note that said words to the effect of.??ignore this ....it is illegal under Spanish law to stop you parking here...so we parked.You have to come into it from the south side of town as the two sea front roads are one wayers.
Would NOT recommend motorway Aires in Spain.
Have also seen vans on the Lidl car park in Benicassim.
Garcia
Having stopped off at Benny many times I can confirm the two posts above are correct. Lots of vans do park up opposite Lidl without problems. There is also just past the old railway bridge by the Chinese shop a drinking water tap that is used by all the locals,also the gravel car park just back from the prom is also OK to park up. This time of year quite a few do park up for days.No problems with the cops ! no services of any sort.There is also a very very good market in Benny every Thursday.I would just use the aire you mention to service your van but would not say there it seems to attract a few undesirables.

Shockingdog
23-01-2014, 17:12
Having stopped off at Benny many times I can confirm the two posts above are correct. Lots of vans do park up opposite Lidl without problems. There is also just past the old railway bridge by the Chinese shop a drinking water tap that is used by all the locals,also the gravel car park just back from the prom is also OK to park up. This time of year quite a few do park up for days.No problems with the cops ! no services of any sort.There is also a very very good market in Benny every Thursday.I would just use the aire you mention to service your van but would not say there it seems to attract a few undesirables.
The gravel car park at the back of the beach is now out of bounds.Two big signs on each side of the entrance gate say no Motorhomes or caravans.However some one has also posted a sign in Spanish that says something like these notices are illegal.Still plenty of vans using the parking spaces opposite Lidl.

bill scouse
23-01-2014, 18:32
stayed at benicasim 27 dec 2013 no problems. aire on side of n340.

Shockingdog
30-01-2014, 12:33
The gravel car park at the back of the beach is now out of bounds.Two big signs on each side of the entrance gate say no Motorhomes or caravans.However some one has also posted a sign in Spanish that says something like these notices are illegal.Still plenty of vans using the parking spaces opposite Lidl.

Further to my last post above.The no Motorhomes signs at the entrance have now been removed !!! Two vans parked up last night.

spigot
30-01-2014, 13:38
I only use the n340 aire to empty waste, it must be very noisy at night,

there are plenty of places in the area to slot into, some are mentioned above.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS