PDA

View Full Version : We're off tomorrow!

marydot
01-01-2014, 21:33
:drive:

All excited now, will be up early tomorrow to set off for our first trip to Portugal, for 3 months. Leaving this awful weather behind yay! (This retirement lark is ok, isn't it?)

just hoping everything is packed - wonder what we will have forgotten.

Through the tunnel on Friday morning before 10am, aiming probably for Aire in Le Mans Friday night. Route is quite flexible, hopefully no nasty weather getting over Pyrenees.

Look out for us with our big green W stickers back and front, and give us a wave or say hello.

Cheers

Marydot

Siimplyloco
01-01-2014, 21:38
Good luck. We'll be following soon!
John

wisper
01-01-2014, 21:39

All excited now, will be up early tomorrow to set off for our first trip to Portugal, for 3 months. Leaving this awful weather behind yay! (This retirement lark is ok, isn't it?)

Through the tunnel on Friday morning before 10am, aiming probably for Aire in Le Mans Friday night. Route is quite flexible, hopefully no nasty weather getting over Pyrenees.

Look out for us with our big green W stickers back and front, and give us a wave or say hello.

Cheers

Marydot

Hi
Your so lucky , I wish I was going to get away from this weather lol
Hope all goes ok and safe trip, keep us up dated on here, plus some pic's :wave:
Take it easy
Paul

n brown
01-01-2014, 21:47
you'll love it ! have a great time !

runnach
01-01-2014, 22:23
Dunno why we have one o them boxes on wheels.........................too young to take advantage, cannae wait to be an old git :lol-053: Other half has a bit to wait, thought!!

wineciccio
01-01-2014, 22:28
It all depends which route you intend to use?? if using the Capbreton/Bayopnne/ST. Jean-de -Luz you will not go over the Pyrenees, you definitely will see them covered in snow, but the route should be clear of the white stuff for you to use, Any way enjoy your 3 months, and if stopping in Lagos, there is an aire that I have used 4 years ago by a sport centre. if you require some gps let me know and I will look them up in my travel log book that I keep:camper:

sinner
01-01-2014, 23:29
Dunno why we have one o them boxes on wheels.........................too young to take advantage, cannae wait to be an old git :lol-053: Other half has a bit to wait, thought!!

Serves ya right for marriying a young un lol :-)

Happy new year to ya all!!!

Alan & girls

Sharon the Cat
02-01-2014, 01:19
We haven't had time to travel far yet but the night before we are due away I can never sleep. I always get up really early and start putting the last bits & pieces by the door.

Enjoy your travels & sunshine.

Blodwyn Pig
02-01-2014, 05:30
Have a safe journey and a wonderful time.

phillybarbour
02-01-2014, 06:01
Have a great trip, look forward to the odd update on yr adventure

dave and mary
02-01-2014, 06:41

Cheers

Marydot

unfortunately we are having to stay here again at the moment, but I remember our first trip we ever did into Europe over 10 years ago now, with us it ended up eventually living in Spain. You will love it and like us make many new friends, have a great time.

pochaie
02-01-2014, 06:59
and counting till i depart to the sunshine of Portugal, i'm sure you will have a great time. If you stay in Spain there is a good aire in the town of Caceres and is close to town centre which is very nice . As for GPL in Lagos, there is a BP station just on the way out of Lagos on the right hand side on the way to Portimao..

MORGANTHEMOON
02-01-2014, 07:14
You lucky lot i'm very envious.

Garcia
02-01-2014, 07:56
and counting till i depart to the sunshine of Portugal,

Well speaking from Tavira this morning...there ain't much sunshine!
Rained overnight and heavy cloud and a breeze this a.m..
Still, it's mild tho, and certainly looks better than S.W. U.K. !

Have a good trip down......

Garcia

mrbaggybum
02-01-2014, 10:37
We leave next Tuesday, Portsmouth - Bilbao ( hope the winds dies down a bit) then down to southern Spain for till mid March. Like you say this retirement malarkey is not too bad at all. Have a safe and happy holiday.

kenspain
02-01-2014, 12:28

Cheers

Marydot

Well don,t come near Madrid it,s not stopped raining for the last 3 days safe trip

Kontiki
02-01-2014, 17:02
We won't be far behind either, leaving on the 25th Jan back on 30th March Poole to Santander (our shortest winter trip). Can't make our mind up whether to head to the South of Spain or go to to Portugal.

Laurieash
02-01-2014, 20:23
we will be following you on Monday morn 6am tunnel not sure how far to go for first stop yet?let me know what your first aire is like.
first trip to Portugal.
Laurie Ash

pochaie
02-01-2014, 20:34
we will be following you on Monday morn 6am tunnel not sure how far to go for first stop yet?let me know what your first aire is like.
first trip to Portugal.
Laurie Ash

every one is on there way... lol I hope you enjoy portugal and not just the Algarve , there are a load of brilliant
places in Alentajo and beyond

Laurieash
02-01-2014, 20:43
every one is on there way... lol I hope you enjoy portugal and not just the Algarve , there are a load of brilliant
places in Alentajo and beyond

There is a Dutch site in Alentajo that has been mentioned me think my head is full of names of places now confused.

martino
02-01-2014, 21:43
We are leaving on the 14th,on the "new" ferry from Poole to gijon,then meandering down towards Lagos,will look out for fellow escapees:boat:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS