PDA

View Full Version : nice places to stay around Troyes

Dalesman
02-01-2014, 09:09
Hi we are travelling back from Voreppe tomorrow and are wanting to stop in some nice village or small town off the beaten track around Troyes or between there and Calais. Any suggestion would be gratefully accepted.
Cheers

Graham

Kath
02-01-2014, 14:00
Three places for you to consider, which I found particularly memorable were, Provins, Noyers and Vezelay. Provins has an Aire at the top of the old town, near the bus terminus and information office, excellent and quiet overnight stop. Beautiful area.

rebbyvid
02-01-2014, 17:46
Around Lac D'orient is nice and there was an aire on the lake not far from Geraudot but i heard they had shut it but there was a campsite next door so maybe they had something to do with it. Another is Mareuil-sur -ay but thats a bit further towards Calais in between Eponey and Chalons.

barryd
02-01-2014, 20:44
Cracking little CL aire type aire at Chaource about 18 miles south of Troyes. Free and good FON wifi from the houses opposite.

http://goo.gl/maps/2vHLZ

Garcia
03-01-2014, 08:22
Wild spot at Place du Port, St Florentin, about 15 /20 miles south of Troyes? West of Barryd's suggestion.
Just off the N77 at the entrance to the town. The "port" is the junction of he Armance river and the canal du Bourgogne. Plenty of bars and Restos in the town. Pretty spot. Usually a couple of vans around when I've stopped there.
Garcia

Dalesman
27-01-2014, 09:00
Thanks for the info much appreciated

Graham

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS