PDA

View Full Version : Paris Nice 2014 and stopover advice

5andy
17-02-2014, 20:05
We are off to France for a couple of weeks mid March to watch the Paris Nice cycle race. It starts just outside Paris on the north west at Mantes La Jolie and ends in Nice 8 days later. I am happy enough about the bits in between but there seems to be a dearth of stopovers in any resource I have managed to find for the area around Mantes La Jolie or in Nice itself. Have any members any advice on stopovers in these towns? Following a race, would the French just head for the nearest supermarket carpark for the night? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Teene
04-03-2014, 15:18
We are diverting our trip in July/August to have a few days in Paris so we're also interested in this thread. We don't fancy driving into Paris and are happy to be up to an hour away by public transport. Does anyone know of somewhere that fits the bill with access to train/bus and where it will be safe to leave the van in the day/night?
Hope this bumps your question too 5andy :)

steco1958
04-03-2014, 15:52
Paris !!

There are several campsites around Paris that have rail links, I myself have never used them I use Camping Indigo (used to be Paris Camping, in the Bois de Bologne. Yes it is a little expensive however, that is more than made up for by the proximity to the city and the bright lights, bus from the campsite every 1/2 or there about.

Nice !!

I would make out of the city after the race to one of the Aires, or even make my way to the Camargue, some wonderful places to stay, directly on the beaches.

Depends on your schedule really

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS