PDA

View Full Version : Underslung large LPG gas tank - cost of installation

Oak
20-02-2014, 08:01
OK, following on from the money saving advice I got regarding the installation of a solar panel - I've been quoted 700 for supply and installation of a large gaslow style tank, fitted beneath the van. I'm thinking along these lines because I'm going to be doing quite a bit of continental touring for several months at a time. It will also free up the conventional gas bottle cupboard for extra storage.

Does this seem expensive?
Also, would anybody advise against the idea?

thank you
Ian

hextal
20-02-2014, 09:03
From hazy memory when i priced up, it all came to about 350ish i parts for what i was after. Ended up paying to get it fitted and it came to 600ish (parts and labour).

Not a technically difficult job as such, but access was going to be a pain. So it was one of the few jobs where i thought id let someone else sort it.

molly 2
20-02-2014, 10:43
Don't. Buy a tank that may be bigger than you need gas it for me is about ls a about convenience and space saving .don't forget it is as easy to top you gas as it is your diesel.

spigot
20-02-2014, 16:06
700 quid sounds about right, that's what it cost me but they had to re-route the exhaust to make room for the gas tank.

I wouldn't attempt it myself, I fitted the Gaslow bottle but got Autogas to sort out the underslung tank & the two systems run together giving me plenty of gas.

Kiwi in Europe
20-02-2014, 18:44
It's almost 2 years ago, but it cost me around 600 to get a 60ltr chassis mounted tank on the Hymer S660 we had then. The amount of space freed up in the gas bottle locker was great.

Oak
21-02-2014, 05:43
Thanks all. Unlike the solar panel installation, I'll get this booked in then. Exciting, 9 more sleeps until I get my first motorhome!!

hextal
21-02-2014, 08:36
You know it's a good thing when you're counting down in 'sleeps'.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS