PDA

View Full Version : Heated pads for Water Tanks

spigot
20-02-2014, 16:39
Went to the NEC yesterday, Total waste of time apart from this--------

I was on a stand looking at a new Auto-Sleepers Nuevo & was informed that the underslung water tanks had "Electrical Self-Adhesive Heated Pads" fitted to prevent the contents freezing.

They didn't activate when the temperature fell below a certain figure but were manually operated. (so he said)

The salesman may been talking out of his bum, but if these things exist, it's just what I'm looking for. I asked for a name or what they were called but the guy said 'only Auto-Sleepers have them'

Has anyone out there come across these? or anywhere I can start looking?

Blodwyn Pig
20-02-2014, 16:48
Our 2006 RV is fitted with heated pads on the waste tanks. They are 12v and we switch them on when the temperature drops. The water tank has hot air blown around it when the coach heating system is in use. It is also inside the boot beneath the rear bedroom.

paganpilgrims
20-02-2014, 19:56
surely heat is generated through wire when the wire Amp rating is too low for the load? surely such a system could be fabricated for a few quid.

BrianG
20-02-2014, 20:15
surely heat is generated through wire when the wire Amp rating is too low for the load? surely such a system could be fabricated for a few quid.

Sounds like a rubber/plastic burning smell to me!!

ivecotrucker
21-02-2014, 12:05
Any implications for bug growth in warmer water ?.

Steve121
21-02-2014, 12:21
CAK Tanks have got some in their Clearance Centre (http://www.caktanks.co.uk/CAK%20-%20Clearance%20Centre.htm). See items UTH110, UTH130 and UTH150

"Full surface contact heat pads secured by pre-applied bonding agent to a clean tank surface. Thermostatically controlled, on at 7C and off at +18C (approx). Will protect down to 40C. It is recommended for use in conjunction with tank insulation wrap to reduce heat losses. Requires 12V supply, suitable on/off switch (eg.MCN12/G) and in-line fuse (R420) in the live feed from the battery. Can be used on plastic or metal tanks but not fuel tanks."

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS