PDA

View Full Version : aria force lake district

smith123
23-02-2014, 14:44
we are wildcamping here https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.5814592,-2.9346083,193m/data=!3m1!1e3 next weekend has anybody wild camp here

barryd
23-02-2014, 14:51
No but I have seen vans in there. Its quite a steep road that so I dont know if its flat in the car park. We have stayed here just up the road at Brothers Water. https://www.google.co.uk/maps?ll=54.512263,-2.92202&spn=0.006963,0.021136&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=54.512747,-2.924268&panoid=V3lZBXF2_IOKieEagvJXYA&cbp=12,225,,0,0

We have also stayed by the lake in the Pay and Display car park by the steamer this time of year at Glenridding.

Also up at Pooley Bridge the Pooley Bridge inn has a big car park and used to welcome motorhomers (it may have changed hands) as did the Sun Inn over the road.

smith123
23-02-2014, 15:07
cheers for that will let you know if its flat might try the carpark at brothers water too

barryd
23-02-2014, 15:37
I think there is a no over night parking sign at brothers water on the actual car park bit but no restrictions on the pull in on the other side of the bridge. Ive never had any bother there. Nice walk around the lake and back through the campsite which I think is open all year and has a bar. There is also a pub at the top of the hill before the campsite.

Last time I stayed in Pooley Bridge it was brilliant. Stayed two nights at the pub (two vans) and had very sore heads when we left.

windysurfer
23-02-2014, 16:08
we are wildcamping here https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.5814592,-2.9346083,193m/data=!3m1!1e3 next weekend has anybody wild camp here

We've stopped here a couple of time and it's normally very quite and it is flat.
There are currently re-doing the carpark at Aria force ,which is currently close, so are using this as a temporary car park.Last time we went past is was chocker block with cars.

barryd
23-02-2014, 16:55
Just a word of warning about the official Aira Force car park on the main road. I used to have a boat moored near there and that car park is (or was) one of the most robbed car parks in the county. Crooks are aware that people park and dissapear for 45 min to do the walk around the force and they take advantage of that. Dont want to put you off as it is a lovely place to visit. Probably fine this time of year.

frontslide
23-02-2014, 17:48
I think there is a no over night parking sign at brothers water on the actual car park bit but no restrictions on the pull in on the other side of the bridge. Ive never had any bother there. Nice walk around the lake and back through the campsite which I think is open all year and has a bar. There is also a pub at the top of the hill before the campsite.

Last time I stayed in Pooley Bridge it was brilliant. Stayed two nights at the pub (two vans) and had very sore heads when we left.
Is the Pooley Bridge WC at the pub then? looking for a stop round there on way to Applecross in May and we dont like laybays on A roads.

barryd
23-02-2014, 17:52
Is the Pooley Bridge WC at the pub then? looking for a stop round there on way to Applecross in May and we dont like laybays on A roads.

Yes. The Pooley Bridge Inn and the Sun Inn. The Pooley Bridge Inn is the best car park as it goes back a long way and will probably be quieter. The Sun Inn is a bit smaller.

The guy that ran the Pooley Bridge inn actually had Camper vans welcome on his Livery on the pub van but I have a feeling its changed hands since a couple of years ago but Im not sure. Probably worth giving either a call to check first. I cant imagine them turning you away, especially this time of year.

smith123
04-03-2014, 17:35
we had a good weekend away here with no probs will be returning very soon

james1508
04-03-2014, 18:20
we had a good weekend away here with no probs will be returning very soon

We stayed near by last Saturday night at Hartsop, another good wild camp.

Croftland1
02-04-2014, 19:51
The original poi is already listed in the database. The old quarry is a good place to stay when there is a strong SW wind as the tall face shelters you. The strip on the other side of the road where the cars can be seen parked is a bit steep.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS