PDA

View Full Version : Multi Trip Travel Insurance

pamjon
24-02-2014, 10:30
At the moment we can go abroad for 90 days for as many times as we like with the AA. However, they have raised the price yet again to 225 and I have now found out that after this year I will no longer be able to be insured for 90 days after the age of 64. Does anyone know an Insurance company that will insure the over 64's for 90 days that is at a sensible price?
Thank you.

steco1958
24-02-2014, 10:39
Direct line ??

jann
24-02-2014, 11:15
Try Saga

andyjanet
24-02-2014, 11:23
Hi, Check out eurotunnel, europe cover 79 for the year. world wide 129, both for the family,
i know you get what you pay for but so many ins companys know how to wriggle out of paying so why give them extra premiums when they might not pay anyway.
ie; i worked for a breakdown organisation and had staff discount so motorhome insurance was cheaper, we went to manchester moho show where our mountain bikes were stolen off the rear rack, they cut the rack with a disc cutter and carried that away with the bikes because they couldnt cut the oxford motorcycle chains, our insurance was for registered frame numbers 0n the mountain bikes, the ins company would pay for the bike rack because this was fixed to the motorhome, but not the bikes, they said try your home insurance, so i phoned the same company and said our bikes have been stolen can we claim, you have the frame numbers recorded on our home insurance. there question was where were they stolen from?, i said off the back of our motorhome in manchester the next question was did you ride them from home?
no we fitted them to the motorhome and transported them from home, apparently in the small print it said if you transport your listed mountain bikes from home you must notify us where you are going and for how long, no doubt with an extra premium, we now have happy shopper bikes that came from a recycling depot that are worth nothing and look rough, the older they look the less attention they get,happy days

MykCamper
24-02-2014, 11:26
:sleep-040:Your the right age :dance: have you tried Saga? No time limit for outside uk including breakdown cover!:cheers:

pamjon
24-02-2014, 12:44
:sleep-040:Your the right age :dance: have you tried Saga? No time limit for outside uk including breakdown cover!:cheers:

We are insured with Saga for the Motor Home, which can be in Europe for as long as it likes but the maximum we were told this morning by Saga for the Travel Ins for ourselves is 120 days per year. As we usually go abroad for 2-3 months at a time in a year it is no good for us.
Thank you.

tandc
24-02-2014, 15:10
have a look at staysure we found them very reasonable.
terry.

snowbirds
24-02-2014, 16:04
Hi pamjon,

Try a quote with L&V on their site direct. I don't think they come up on comparison sites,we are both over 66 and got a good deal last September, with a few medicals on it at about 125.00.

Snowbirds.

At the moment we can go abroad for 90 days for as many times as we like with the AA. However, they have raised the price yet again to 225 and I have now found out that after this year I will no longer be able to be insured for 90 days after the age of 64. Does anyone know an Insurance company that will insure the over 64's for 90 days that is at a sensible price?
Thank you.

barryd
24-02-2014, 16:30
Or you could just wing it and not bother with travel insurance.

We never have it and rely on the EHIC card which we have used twice. Once in the Italian Alps where Mrs D took ill and had to be rushed to hospital and then transferred to another hospital by ambulance (which I had to chase through the Alps in the MH :D) and I had to get some stitches in the south of France and was taken to hospital in an ambulance.

On both occasions we just showed them the EHIC card, filled out some forms and paid nothing.

Obviously your a bit stuffed if you need repatriation but I cannot see many other advantages.

Gemani2
24-02-2014, 16:38
Always puzzles me why we are happy to insure our motorhomes and unhappy about insuring 'us' !

BrianG
24-02-2014, 17:24
Always puzzles me why we are happy to insure our motorhomes and unhappy about insuring 'us' !

Obviously because one is compulsory, 3rd party , anyway.

pamjon
24-02-2014, 18:10
Hi pamjon,

Try a quote with L&V on their site direct. I don't think they come up on comparison sites,we are both over 66 and got a good deal last September, with a few medicals on it at about 125.00.

Snowbirds.

Thank you Snowbirds, have investigated and they are very good and competitively priced. Just need to confirm one thing with them tomorrow by phone. Again thank you really helpful.

pamjon
24-02-2014, 18:22

I think you have misunderstood, we would not go abroad without Travel Insurance, but I object to paying a difference of over 80 between last year and this without reason. So, like most people with any common sense I am Shopping Around!
Thank you for your comment.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS