PDA

View Full Version : Breakdown insurance -europe

The Rowleys
12-03-2014, 23:19
I'm looking for a good reliable provider of Motorhome Breakdown cover for trip to Europe.
If anyone's got any good suggestions , I'd be grateful.
Thanks
Bob

Captain Biggles
13-03-2014, 00:08
I'm looking for a good reliable provider of Motorhome Breakdown cover for trip to Europe.
Thanks
Bob

Bob

It's all here on the Wild Camping Web Site.

Go to the 'Home Page', then ~1/2 way down the page you'll find a section entitled 'Motorhome Services', 'click' on that and then go down the page until you find 'Motorhome/Campervan Insurance'.

Have fun....

Captain Biggles :plane:

dave and mary
13-03-2014, 06:40
Thanks
Bob

We have used either Saga or safeguard for our insurance for many years now, and the main reason is that both companies us the AA for there European breakdown cover, unfortunately we have had to use the cover 3 times and every time the service was terrific. I can only speak from our experience with the AA but when we phoned up for help there was never a problem with language, one call and things seemed to swing into action. We needed hotel accommodation as the van would take a couple of days to repair, the taxi arrived with an interpreter to take us to the already booked hotel and settled us in, when the van was ready taxi and interpreter arrived to reunite us with our van. Also with these company's you get unlimited travel in Europe.

:drive: :drive:

Tbear
13-03-2014, 07:02
We have used safeguard for years and have found them very good.

AA Europe are a different story. We where unfortunate to break down on a Sunday (France closes on Sunday) so where towed to a garage and left on their forecourt until the Monday morning. Garage where most unhelpful, we where to wait three weeks before they would strip down the engine to find the fault despite the advise from England to stick a 10.00 Kseal in it. This finally cured it when we got the van back to UK a month later! To cut a long story short, it took AA Europe another couple of days to arrange to get us back to UK. In fairness I have to mention that they did spend a fortune on getting us back. AA Europe staff did speak very good English and all seemed very helpful if one or two where a bit clueless.

Richard

madbluemad
13-03-2014, 12:41
We are with the RAC Arrivals scheme. You have to be a member of the C&CC. We have never had to use them in Europe but know people who have and have spoken highly of them.

steco1958
13-03-2014, 12:43
We are with the RAC Arrivals scheme. You have to be a member of the C&CC. We have never had to use them in Europe but know people who have and have spoken highly of them.

+1

I had to use them in 2006 in Germany, excellent service, also in UK Recovery to home, once again excellent service.

The Rowleys
13-03-2014, 19:59
Thanks to everyone's help and advice. After comparing various options and prices, I've opted for Green Flag's Euro service. That coupled with the insurance I've got in place for UK/Europe should hopefully sort us !! ;)

baloothebear
14-03-2014, 05:30
This may be of use to some one

CSMA (http://www.csmaclub.co.uk/civil?gclid=CODvqtmykb0CFafnwgodZiIA_Q#utm_source= Organisation%20Intranet&utm_medium=Web%20Link&utm_content=CIVIL%20SERVICE&utm_campaign=Work%20Place%20Dissemination)

Even if you've worked in local government, you may well qualify. We got 134 per year for 2 vehicles with UK & European recovery

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS