PDA

View Full Version : Broadstairs Kent

Chevycouple
22-03-2014, 06:39
Hi all, the cliff top road above Broadstairs has been one of our regular spots for some time, when we arrived last weekend there were signs banning motor caravans between 6pm and 6am, this covers the road between Viking Bay and Dumpton gap and then from Dumpton Gap up the hill to the GeorgeV park. I have looked on the Government website and it appears to be a permanent thing :(

martyn
22-03-2014, 07:29
think there's a letter in this months MMM about this and a chap who is trying to get the local council to change their minds (but not hopeful).

twomercs
24-03-2014, 17:24
What a shame, one of my favourite places for a one night stop - also not in anybodies way.

Chevycouple
24-03-2014, 22:26
What a shame, one of my favourite places for a one night stop - also not in anybodies way.

Really is a shame, we used to stay at the top of the hill by the park, lovely sunrises across the sea, we moved along to Ramsgate east cliff at 6pm and walked into Ramsgate for the evening, went to a restaurant on the end of the harbour wall and the view back over the harbour was magical, if Broadstairs don't want us!! there loss...

philg1
24-03-2014, 22:44
Only live around the coast, we had often but not to often stayed on the western esplanade one of the areas now 6-6, day out/night out in Broadstairs have a drink in the great micro-pubs and maybe a meal in the town could only see a problem during "folk week" in August where there can be a number of vans parked up but that's only one week a year gutted.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS