PDA

View Full Version : Tunbridge Well - MH parking free!

UFO
22-03-2014, 18:56
We visited Tunbridge Wells this week and from previous experience of trying to park in similar size towns I checked their website and it was no surprise to find that all car parks, apart from part of one, have height barriers. I was just about to make other plans when I saw a page 'Motorhome Parking'

Tunbridge Wells Borough Council welcomes motorhome drivers to visit Royal Tunbridge Wells.
Although several of our car parks have height restrictions 6’6” (1.98m) we will endeavour to find a location near the area you plan to visit.
We have coach parks located at the West Station, just behind Sainsbury’s and in London Road just north of the junction with Church Road. Please see the attached map, or the maps below for both of these car parks locations.
Currently parking in both of these locations is free, however you will need to contact our Parking Department prior to your visit to arrange to park in these locations.
Please note that sleeping in vehicle at these locations is not allowed.Motorhome Parking - Tunbridge Wells Borough Council (http://www.tunbridgewells.gov.uk/residents/parking-and-travel/car-parks/motorhome-parking)

I sent them an email (I thought it would be good to have it in writing) but six days later I have received no reply. The day we left I 'phoned the parking department and spoke to Carol who after checking with a colleague said it would be ok to park in the coach parking areas and that there was no charge.

On Thursday we parked all day in the 'London Road just north of the junction with Church Road' bus parking area on the A26 51° 8'1.47"N 0°15'34.27"E - no problems, I half expected to come back and find a penalty notice!

Good to see a council being sensible that even if they decide they need height barriers they make arrangements for MHs

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS