PDA

View Full Version : Meets

grath
06-05-2008, 18:45
Hi Guys and Gals.
Kath (ladytramp) and I were talking at the weekend and we think that meets should be held in the summer so that hopefully (weather permitting) we can sit around out side in some sort of comfort. By that I mean not shivering our b***s off!!!!! or t*ts off!!!:D
We also think that a meet needs to be on some sort of camp site cl or cs or similar as wilding with a lot of vans could draw negative attention.
Hard standings would be even better, but well drained soil would be OK.
So if anybody wants to arrange a meet, now is getting near to the time:cool:
Local amenities like a pub would be a distinct advantage

sammclouis
06-05-2008, 19:06
Hi Guys and Gals.
Kath (ladytramp) and I were talking at the weekend and we think that meets should be held in the summer so that hopefully (weather permitting) we can sit around out side in some sort of comfort. By that I mean not shivering our b***s off!!!!! or t*ts off!!!:D
We also think that a meet needs to be on some sort of camp site cl or cs or similar as wilding with a lot of vans could draw negative attention.

hi graham...
i agree that its nice to sit out in the sun and have a bbq but just meet in the summer...no way i'd be way to depressed waiting for the summer to meet up (do we even have a summer these days:o)!!!....we all piled into my van at the easter meet and we had a great laugh,weather was naff but company was great,i thought the wildcamp location was perfect in caernarfon and beaumaris,the wildcamping get togethers normally attract around 5 vans & i think there are suitable locations for this number of vans...however if we were talking a huge meet up i think then a rally field would be in order.....:)samm ;)

lenny
06-05-2008, 19:36
Hi Guys and Gals.

I agree, Graham, and have been thinking along those lines , I've got some ideas but think ,because of our location,it would be unfair to expect others to travel such a great distance for a weekend,so now I'm trying to locate a suitable site more central to the majority (say Lancashire).

I was thinking on the lines of a rugby/cricket club,country pub with a field behind or something like this.

I remember reading that our "Polly" holds a distinctive position in c and cc maybe she could pull some strings if we asked her nicely cos I know she is dead keen on a meet.

The weather's been great today, maybe this is the start of our summer, let's make the most of it;):)

grath
06-05-2008, 20:27
Sam, yes we had a good time, but just think how much better it would have been with good summer weather and why do meets have to be for only about 5 vans?:D
Lenny, it must be that we are getting older and don't want to get the old bones wet and damp.
But seriously folks, we have had meets in some bl**dy cold and s**t weather and it is no fun standing around outside:eek:
At the Wales meet we were lucky as Sams van has a large seating area, but that would not always happen:D
It just seems that most of the meets are in cold & wet weather when there is no need for it at all.
Just my thoughts:D:D;)

Polly
06-05-2008, 21:52
Hia
C&CC DA rallies are booked 12 months in advance

BUT :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There is another bank holoday coming up 25/26 june or there abouts.

So people may travel that little extra for an extra day!!!!

just been on the www.ukcampsite.co.uk

Campsite directory ---- search ----- click on map for area ------ scroll down to pub campsites?????
worth a thought:cool::cool:

Just a thought :D:D:D

sammclouis
07-05-2008, 11:31
Sam, yes we had a good time, but just think how much better it would have been with good summer weather and why do meets have to be for only about 5 vans?:D
Lenny, it must be that we are getting older and don't want to get the old bones wet and damp.
But seriously folks, we have had meets in some bl**dy cold and s**t weather and it is no fun standing around outside:eek:
At the Wales meet we were lucky as Sams van has a large seating area, but that would not always happen:D
It just seems that most of the meets are in cold & wet weather when there is no need for it at all.
Just my thoughts:D:D;)

yes good weather is a bonus thats for sure..it would be nice if more came on the meet ups i agree with that 100%..i think the good old sun shine does the spirit a world of good & puts people in a good frame of mind,bbq out with a beer in hand..well thats a great combination isnt it!!:D...saying that i will still go on meets in the winter as i love meeting new people too!!....:)
samm :):)

merlin wanderer
07-05-2008, 20:57
Any thoughts on the racecourse at stratford its big
any time I have been there its been fairly empty

Polly
07-05-2008, 21:01
Hia
THANKS
Couldn't find the thank you button only a quote button
Not been to stratford racecourse but sounds interesting

Polly
07-05-2008, 21:02
Hia
THANK YOU button has appeared

sprokit
08-05-2008, 07:04
Hia
C&CC DA rallies are booked 12 months in advance

BUT :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There is another bank holoday coming up 25/26 june or there abouts.

So people may travel that little extra for an extra day!!!!

just been on the www.ukcampsite.co.uk

Campsite directory ---- search ----- click on map for area ------ scroll down to pub campsites?????
worth a thought:cool::cool:

Just a thought :D:D:D

was really looking forward to another bank holiday, this time in June ....but on checking I presume you mean those dates in May - disappointed now.

grath
08-05-2008, 18:32
Hayfield, this weekend seems to be a mini meet.:cool:
Anybody is welcome:cool:

loubylou
08-05-2008, 19:04
Hayfield, this weekend seems to be a mini meet.:cool:
Anybody is welcome:cool:

We were at Hayfield last weekend (B/H), lovely spot, 2 mins stroll down the river to the Sportsmans.

Can thoroughly recommend it.
louby

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS