PDA

View Full Version : Devon Meet

wildman
08-05-2008, 19:17
Anyone interested in a Devon meet, I own a 10 acre field that I could arrange space in (move cattle and horse next door), waste disposal on site, water when workshop is unlocked. 2miles from Ilfracombe. No hard standing but 4wd landrover to move anyone that got stuck should it rain. Any interest or is it too far South.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

grath
08-05-2008, 19:28
Anyone interested in a Devon meet, I own a 10 acre field that I could arrange space in (move cattle and horse next door), waste disposal on site, water when workshop is unlocked. 2miles from Ilfracombe. No hard standing but 4wd landrover to move anyone that got stuck should it rain. Any interest or is it too far South.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Too far south for me, but I am sure it should be of interest to Wilders from nearer to you.
Thanks for the kind offer:cool::cool:

lenny
08-05-2008, 19:32

Good on ya, Roger and Sue,I'm sure you will get response, though too far for us, thanks for the very kind offer:)

PS any landowners further North?:rolleyes::D

Belgian
08-05-2008, 19:32

Bravo Wildman. Altough it is a little out my reach; I'm sure your offer will be very welcomed by most of you 'islanders' ;)
Thanks on behalf of many others :)

Hazy-thoughts
08-05-2008, 21:44
A very generous offer indeed wildman, Might well give you a shout when we eventually get sorted. Might be nice to spend a night or two in sunny Devon. ;)

merlin wanderer
09-05-2008, 07:13
will keep my eye on this thread been to devon at some point
every year for the last 10 years will take u up on that later
wildman

kell
09-05-2008, 11:07
Thats a great offer Wildman.
Sounds like an ideal spot for a long weekend get together.
I'd definetely be interested (dates permitting).

Nomad1
09-05-2008, 12:53
Nice offer Wildman,,,i would be up for that one,,nice part of the country too..almost as nice as Somerset :)

grath
09-05-2008, 13:37
Nice offer Wildman,,,i would be up for that one,,nice part of the country too..almost as nice as Somerset :)

Not nearly as nice as Stoke on Trent by the canal :D;):D;)

BedfordMJ
09-05-2008, 17:00
Hi,
I'd be interested at some point, great offer thank you.

wildman
09-05-2008, 18:52
Picture taken whilst on tour of Cornwall.:D:D:D
As this is a working smallholding, livestock, including a bull are normally in the field but at some point I have to clear the animals so the hay can be cut. there is a small paddock at the front which is accesible when the ground is really dry, without planning permission it will be a one off later in the summer. There are normally sheep next door so dogs must be under control but otherwise not a problem. I will post possible dates near the time if there is firm interest.

t&s
09-05-2008, 20:41
sound idea and thanks for the offer if we are not away in europe we welcome your invite and awate your proposed dates

sammclouis
09-05-2008, 22:08
up for that meet up!!!!
very kind offer,when we coming down..!!:D:D:D

marrwyck
13-05-2008, 09:37
Wildman, what a fantastic gesture.

We're definetely up for a meet.
Devon & Cornwall are wonderful places to visit.
Keep us posted on possible dates.

GARY ENGLISH
13-05-2008, 14:07
Nice offer,might be intrested depending when,a lot seem intrested.Have you any idea when,do you need time to sort out.Be nice on a long weekend,one coming up..Keep us all posted.

wildman
14-05-2008, 15:35
Hi all it looks like bureaucracy has struck again, following an all clear phone call to the planners they then added a few problem re the entrance, insurance etc. So a multiple meet at my field will not be possible. We have a number of choices either individual weekends to suit you or we all book into an adjacent caravan site. I will check on prices tomorrow. :mad::mad::mad:

loubylou
15-05-2008, 09:16
Shame about your field, but you do have to be careful (ie insurance). Did you hear the story recently about the bouncy castle? Thanks for trying, would of been great location, keep us informed of the nearby site.
Louby

wildman
15-05-2008, 09:59
It is only a problem if a number of van come down at the same time, visiting one at a time is still possible
Regards Roger

t&s
15-05-2008, 19:19
i have a friend who has a field camping & caravan club use it they also have da meets there i have not heard of any problems with insurance i will enquire and let you know there answer
i hope there is a way round it
terry

wildman
15-05-2008, 19:24
camping and caravan club hold an exemption certificate and also carry insurance so no problems.

AndyC
15-05-2008, 19:28
i have a friend who has a field camping & caravan club use it they also have da meets there i have not heard of any problems with insurance i will enquire and let you know there answer
i hope there is a way round it
terry
Clubs will be camping under the terms of their Exemption Certificate, which allows them to camp on land which is not licenced as a campsite.

An Exemption Certificate does not require the holder to have insurance, but it may well be that club holding it does have insurance to cover members attendance at meets/rallies.

AndyC

JOHN WEST
15-05-2008, 20:15
many thanks wild man,
ive just left s,devon ,,, perhaps next time :D

t&s
25-05-2008, 22:30
my friend says if you want to have a few friends visit you for one night and they happen to have motorhomes as there private vehicles ect and park on your own land as your guests theres no reason to speak to any council just do it as long as it is only for one night
if you want to register your field as a camping area there is all sorts of pitfalls planning/insurance /local complainers ect
good luck

AndyC
25-05-2008, 23:31
my friend says if you want to have a few friends visit you for one night and they happen to have motorhomes as there private vehicles ect and park on your own land as your guests theres no reason to speak to any council just do it as long as it is only for one night
Unfortunately it's not quite a simple as that. By allowing more than one motorhome or caravan on to your land, for the purpose of human habitation, you could be breaking the law. I'm sure it's done many times with no problems at all, but it's as well to be aware of the legal situation.

if you want to register your field as a camping area there is all sorts of pitfalls planning/insurance /local complainers ect
good luck That's true - clubs get round it, as I mentioned, by holding Exemption Certificates themselves.

AndyC

andymel
26-05-2008, 01:40
wow i just joined your site tonight and i know i am at the right place with such a wonderful offer from roger and sue to far for me as i am up in scotland but good on you both

baloothebear
26-05-2008, 06:10
camping and caravan club hold an exemption certificate and also carry insurance so no problems.

So do some other Clubs. It is a long winded procedure to get one and DEFRA do ask for things like 3rd Party Insurance etc.

Have a look at what is done down in Croyde at Mitchams Meadow and Myrtle Meadow.

You can have camping on your land for 28 days in any one calendar year. The days do not have to be consecutive this is how the Mitchums people get away with it.

Fact: There is also nothing to stop you having friends to visit...

AndyC
26-05-2008, 10:59
So do some other Clubs. It is a long winded procedure to get one and DEFRA do ask for things like 3rd Party Insurance etc.

Have a look at what is done down in Croyde at Mitchams Meadow and Myrtle Meadow.

You can have camping on your land for 28 days in any one calendar year. The days do not have to be consecutive this is how the Mitchums people get away with it.

Fact: There is also nothing to stop you having friends to visit...

It's not a difficult procedure to get a 'paragraph 6' Exemption Certificate for meetings organised by a club, I hold one and have just renewed it. DEFRA do not require 3rd party insurance.

As I understand it the 28 day rule for camping applies to tents only. Campsites frequently use it in busy periods for overspill camping on fields which are not included within their planning permission or site licence.

The law for motorhomes and caravans is different from that applying to tents and does not distinguish between people staying in their motorhome when visiting friends and people staying in their motorhome on a pub car park or in a lay-by.

99.99% of the time no one will have a problem - we went to a friends party a few years ago, it was in their canalside field and I guess there were 10 or so campervans of various sorts, plus assorted tents, there for the weekend. there were no complaints and no problems at all - not actually legal though :)

AndyC

Hymer Duck
08-06-2008, 16:54
Wow thats a nice offer Wildman. I've been away so only just seen it. We would be interested as we reside normally in Cornwall so its not that far. The only prob is we are in France for six weeks Jul/Aug time.
Regards John & Doreen

wildandwelsh
08-06-2008, 20:36

sounds great fun. count me in (dates permitting of course)! Does anyone know of a quiet camping spot where 4 of us (only 1 van) can go for a quiet workshop weekend. We wouldn't need anything except a quiet field and perhaps a river or stream - preferrably in South or West Wales. Penny

wildandwelsh
08-06-2008, 20:37
sounds great fun. count me in (dates permitting of course)! Does anyone know of a quiet camping spot where 4 of us (only 1 van) can go for a quiet workshop weekend. We wouldn't need anything except a quiet field and perhaps a river or stream - preferrably in South or West Wales. Penny

sorry, forgot to thank you for you kind offer!

wildandwelsh
08-06-2008, 20:40

sorry, forgot to say thanks for you kind offer! I am a disgrace.......x

wildman
08-06-2008, 21:59
So far eleven people have expressed an interest dependant on availability. It will not be possible now until the hay is cut so probably looking at a long weekend in the early part of September I will not be posting my address or exact meet location on here. All communication once the date is set will be via PM or email me so I can include directions a map etc. Will those interested please let me know if that time is suitable, it will not be open house as I have to control numbers. Dogs ok but must be on a lead as sheep country and farmers carry guns.

JOHN WEST
09-06-2008, 21:15
thanks wildman;and keep us updated

marrwyck
10-06-2008, 12:05
Thanks Wildman:
We are still interested in meet. Please keep us posted on any info :D

flashingblade
26-06-2008, 20:03
hi there. many thanks for invite. we will be in devon, later in the summer. we are visiting friends in westward ho which i've been told isn't far away. i will keep an eye open for arrangements and would love to drop by if the dates coincide.

t&s
26-06-2008, 20:16
dont take this to heart but
westward ho should be ho.ho.ho.
hope you like it and are not dissapointed
i am not impressed with the place
something out of a fortys war film
probably still some old soldiers hiding there not realising the w/war has ended

better to stay at wildmans if poss i think

tuckers'r'us
21-07-2008, 19:43
hi, never been on a m/h meet, would love to join in and make new friends. devon is great, when would you be looking at? would 3 dogs be alright in coming also husband and 1 teenage son?

thanks
shel

Proff
23-08-2008, 18:27
We're new here but us being near Okehampton, it would be rude not to take you up on your great offer :)
Please keep us updated :D

galaxy
27-09-2008, 19:20
yeah, sounds really great {& generous}, we'.d definitely be interested, we'd be away for the winter tho. We're new too & based in Torbay.

CharlieBarnwell
27-09-2008, 23:21
Hi all, glad this has come around again coz I missed it first time.......more than interested in this meet, in fact I got to spend a day in Barnstable in the next week or so......have you come up with any dates yet? Not doing anything special till Jan 09 when we are off for 6 months (france italy greece turky) cant wait

Barny

baloothebear
28-09-2008, 06:51
Any dates yet? I shall be down at the farm in October

wildman
28-09-2008, 10:20
Due to major works by the highways dept installing a very large soakaway in the field, this year is definately out. On the plus side it does mean they will be improving the access. Grass never got cut for hay (too wet) so cattle back on it. Sorry Guys was looking forward to meeting you all. The Beast is off for MOT tomorrow, Monday. So all being well heading North very soon whilst the weather holds. What is it like oop North, and Scotland. Wet, Dry sunny, midges gone yet?

cyd g
13-04-2009, 02:12
new to this website just registered but live in s devon and own a romahome and a tent in which i hope to go semi-wild. Wild camped in tent whole for 4 months in Scotland and Western Isles two years ago. Am thinking of exploring exmoor and north devon so, did you actually get to meet or is it still in the pipeline

kangooroo
14-04-2009, 11:37
I could be interested as it's not too far from Herefordshire and I'm a regular Somerset wilder.

Please keep me posted on prospective dates.

Thanks

ajs
14-04-2009, 13:57

save me reading 5 pages etc etc... when is it :confused:

regards;)
aj

jimmnlizz
14-04-2009, 19:49
Hi last three posters,:D
I'm afraid :rolleyes: that you really need to read the whole post :p otherwise you will make mistakes! :confused: Sorry, but nobody can answer your question!! :o :o
:D :D JIM!! :D :D

ajs
14-04-2009, 20:04
Hi last three posters,
I'm afraid that you really need to read the whole post otherwise you will make mistakes! :confused: Sorry, but nobody can answer your question!! :o JIM!!

many fffanks slimnwizz...so we've had 5 pages of flollocks then :eek:

Ohhh just read wildpans last post... it's offff then :o

wildypan... would love te be your guest :D...any time.:eek:..
been threatening to park up somewhere safe round that way so i can go ride the 3 moors :cool:

so when yer ready... i will be too :p

regards;)
aj

jimmnlizz
14-04-2009, 20:46
Hi AJ, again!
Sorry but I couldn't resist that one! :D :D It's def off, untill we hear from Wildman again. :cool: I wouldn't mind putting in an appearance if it's on for this year. :confused:
JIM!!

ajs
14-04-2009, 21:32
Hi AJ, again!
Sorry but I couldn't resist that one! :D :D It's def off, untill we hear from Wildman again. :cool: I wouldn't mind putting in an appearance if it's on for this year. :confused:
JIM!!

:D....

regards;)
aj

kimbowbill
15-04-2009, 23:30
Not nearly as nice as Stoke on Trent by the canal :D;):D;)

i second that

thepadster
17-05-2009, 14:04
Good on you mate , the world could do with a few more people loike you , cheers will be in touch

ajs
17-05-2009, 18:14
Good on you mate , the world could do with a few more people loike you , cheers will be in touch

great... fanks... lookforward to it....:)
cawffffeee white no sugar and a sticky bun please :D

regards;)
aj

wildpan... you got that field sorted yet :confused::confused::confused:

Paula
25-06-2009, 11:16
Yes - we would be interested work permitting.

Paula

Proff
12-07-2009, 11:57
OI Wildman. we gonna get together this year or what ??? :D

I'll bring the Devon cider from Sams @ Winkleigh :D:D

MikeH
12-07-2009, 12:55
Yes, I`d like to be there. What dates?

historybean
12-07-2009, 14:12
Hi,
Thanks for the offer - we'd be interested!

susanne
15-07-2009, 09:20
Sounds great. I have just discovered this site today. What a great site. I would def be interested in joining the meet. Work permitting. Any idea for dates?

Suz

wildman
15-07-2009, 14:47
due to interference from some of the locals I have had to have a rethink. I have applied for a CL licence. That allows 5 vans at any one time plus the odd rally. The mortorvaravanners Club are happy to issue the licence subject to local authority approval, so we have anther 5-8 weeks wait to hear what they have to say. so watch this space.

Captain
16-07-2009, 13:35
I don't know why I haven't spotted this thread before, my history teacher was right, I am dim!

Thanks for the offer Wildman, I'd like to come down to pick your brains on the small holding, wish I had ten acres in Devon.

I will bring some proper Zider from Glos!

Cheers Captain:D

jeff
16-07-2009, 16:00
Hi,
Just bought a Bongo so we could be interested.
Jeff and Sue

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS