PDA

View Full Version : SUMMER SOLSTICE ( well nearly)

tresrikay
16-05-2008, 20:47
Just a ringing of the bell for a ( probable) meet at Hayfield on 27/28/29/ june .... I am already booked in so...... youve seeen the pickies....... seen the pub....... seen the hulking manhood ......... well..... we are allowed artistic licence. So get booking for a WILD WEEKEND.:D;)

lenny
16-05-2008, 21:19
Good shout,Rick, count me in:cool: Hopefully drag the wife along cos It's our wedding anniversary that weekend:) (31 years of wedded bliss:eek:)

sundown
16-05-2008, 22:36
good on ya lads
after seeing the pics of the last hayfield meet
I'm sure you'll have another good one
I'm gonna see what I can do about
attending this one
maybe stop overnight at the drift
on the way down
anyway put me down as a maybe!

grath
17-05-2008, 06:09
Hi ,
Nice one Rick!:cool: however don't know if we can make it as looked at our calender and we have a pretty full booked schedule around that time:(
Good to see Lenny coming again (we must have given him the meet bug):D
Wow! Sundown, you are coming a pretty long way for a weekend:cool:
I am sure that you will like the place and the company:cool:
Will talk to Ladytramp ref the weekend:confused:
I am sure that a few more will come and maybe many more:cool:

edit,

Just been looking at our calender in more detail and unfortunately I think it is very doubtful that we could make this meet:(:(
We would love to come again to this fantastic camp site and meet you guys again, and probably some new faces but can't really see us been able to make it:(

lenny
17-05-2008, 19:22
Thanks Graham, sorry to hear you're a doubtfull for the weekend but it's better than a definite no. I think the weather should improve by then so we should get a few more takers.:)

Polly
17-05-2008, 19:45
Hia

I don't think there are any low bridges so do I book tommorrow ???

I SHOULD THINK SO.

So do I ask for a certain pitch to be near you all????;)

Looking forward to meeting up with you all who ever you may be.
Just confirm that you are not mass murders so I can put my daughters mind at ease :D:D

sundown
17-05-2008, 19:52
Wow! Sundown, you are coming a pretty long way for a weekend:cool:

not so grath, I'm trying to persuade the wife
into a couple of weeks in england / Wales,
being around hayfield that week-end
not very successful so far, :mad: but I'm still trying :)
ps. she loves Scotland too much

lenny
17-05-2008, 20:47
Hia

I don't think there are any low bridges so do I book tommorrow ???

I SHOULD THINK SO.

So do I ask for a certain pitch to be near you all????;)

Looking forward to meeting up with you all who ever you may be.
Just confirm that you are not mass murders so I can put my daughters mind at ease :D:D

Great stuff,Polly,ask for pitch 26 or thereabouts and we'll all surround Tresrikay and wind him up:p:D. I can assure you that I'm not a mass murderer:eek:, just the occasional one:eek: when the moon is full;)

PS dont forget the tea bags:)

lenny
17-05-2008, 20:52

Keep trying,Nick, looking forward to meeting you all and this is a great meeting point. Jack say's dont forget to bring Paddy;):D:p

Trevor
17-05-2008, 21:22
I will be going to Castle Rigg stone circle for the summer solstice, near Keswick.
I wish everyone a happy solstice, and have a good time where ever you's go. ;)

lenny
17-05-2008, 22:55
I will be going to Castle Rigg stone circle for the summer solstice, near Keswick.
I wish everyone a happy solstice, and have a good time where ever you's go. ;)

Good one ,Trev, must admit I never heard of Castlerigg:o but just googled it and found this link...
http://www.visitcumbria.com/kes/casstone.htm
Admire your taste,enjoy it;):)

grath
18-05-2008, 07:18

Hi Sundown,
Can't really blame Mrs Sundown for been hesitant at coming down here as although Hayfield and lots of other places are very nice, you have many more readily available nice places and on your doorstep:cool:
If you do come down here, try our little place at Caernarfon in Wales or Beaumaris on Anglesey.
Much easier to wild in Wales than in England, but there again, much easier again in Scotland!

Hazy-thoughts
18-05-2008, 10:18
Still not mobile so cant make this meet I am afraid.

Have a good one, and I am looking forward to seeing you all at one soon ;)

grath
18-05-2008, 16:27
S*d it!:eek: we are going to be very busy camping here and camping there and everywhere:D
Just booked it:cool:
Asked for same area as last time:cool:
Too nice a location for a meet to miss and Ladytramp also wanted to attend:D
Must be Lenny,s aftershave or Ricks:D:D:D
edit
Tresrikay will have his usual pitch 26 as he likes the hard ground that is under it, so I have asked for pitch 27 where we were last time or 28.
Or we could all pile on top of him:eek::D:

lenny
18-05-2008, 18:41
S*d it!:eek: we are going to be very busy camping here and camping there and everywhere:
Just booked it
Asked for same area as last time
Too nice a location for a meet to miss and Ladytramp also wanted to attend:D
Must be Lenny,s aftershave or Ricks
edit
Tresrikay will have his usual pitch 26 as he likes the hard ground that is under it, so I have asked for pitch 27 where we were last time or 28.
Or we could all pile on top of him:eek::D:

Thats the spirit,Graham and Kath;), you don't mess around, do you?:rolleyes:
Hope to bring Christine along this time (well the sink was overflowing with dishes on the last meet) and with Polly in attendance, the women can have a good old chinwag:eek::D

I did,nt book any particular pitch but I'm sure Rick will pull some strings closer to the date.

grath
18-05-2008, 18:52
Thats the spirit,Graham and Kath;), you don't mess around, do you?:rolleyes:
Hope to bring Christine along this time (well the sink was overflowing with dishes on the last meet) and with Polly in attendance, the women can have a good old chinwag:eek::D

I did,nt book any particular pitch but I'm sure Rick will pull some strings closer to the date.

Kath says she is looking forward to meeting Christine:cool:
I think our ears may burn:eek:
Do you think that Jack could put up with Elle again:D
Regarding Rick pulling some strings, I do hope he doesn't break his guitar strings;)

tresrikay
19-05-2008, 18:56

Try harder Nick, It would be so good to see you and Lenny at the same place, tell the wife its like a sort of smoothed out Scotland, with very handsome men who are trying to get back on the straight and narrow, after being mass murderers for a lifetime......... Also Lenny if you are viewing, dont forget the skin so soft as NICK we even have midges, just to make you feel really at home.

lenny
19-05-2008, 19:53
Try harder Nick, It would be so good to see you and Lenny at the same place, tell the wife its like a sort of smoothed out Scotland, with very handsome men who are trying to get back on the straight and narrow, after being mass murderers for a lifetime......... Also Lenny if you are viewing, dont forget the skin so soft as NICK we even have midges, just to make you feel really at home.

Thanks, Rick,you forgot to mention how us very handsome men are also Swarve:cool:, Sophisticated:rolleyes:,Debonaire:eek:, Intelligent:o,and Generous with our whiskey and wine:p:D

grath
21-05-2008, 17:30
Hi Folks,Who is coming to this meet?:confused:
Please post intentions if you can so that we know numbers.:cool:

Polly
21-05-2008, 18:08
Hia

Booked today and paid.:D:D

Hayfield here Icome

The lady made a note of the forum for others who book as I didn't have peoples real names!!!!!!!!!

But I will be there Friday evening around 7.00ish after work but will have to depart Sunday

I am so excited to be meeting all of you :o:o:o!!!!!!!!!!!

grath
21-05-2008, 18:24
Just ask for pitch 26 to p**s Rick off:D:D:D:D

grath
22-05-2008, 20:42
Come on folks, register your interest if any:D

lenny
22-05-2008, 21:02

Here,Here, we've still got 4 or 5 weeks to save up for the fuel:eek:, but well worth it:)

grath
08-06-2008, 19:13

Only 3 weeks away folks:D
A super location with the village and pubs only a 10 minute walk away.
The more the merrier.
Tresrikays meet so come on guys and gals:cool::cool::cool:

grath
09-06-2008, 18:43
Only 3 weeks away folks:D
A super location with the village and pubs only a 10 minute walk away.
The more the merrier.
Tresrikays meet so come on guys and gals:cool::cool::cool:

Do I detect a lack of interest :eek::D:eek::D

lenny
09-06-2008, 19:30
Hiya,Graham, keep plugging it and I'm sure we'll get a few more takers;):D,
I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Topic and Wanderer
09-06-2008, 20:08
Like the idea of this one. Is it a commercial site? Anyone got site details - tel or web site etc.?

grath
09-06-2008, 20:12
Like the idea of this one. Is it a commercial site? Anyone got site details - tel or web site etc.?

Caravan & Camping Club site, or is it camping and caravaning club?? very cheap and I think that non members can go:cool:
tel 01663 745394

Topic and Wanderer
09-06-2008, 20:14
We are C&CC members so will try to find it.

grath
09-06-2008, 20:15
We are C&CC members so will try to find it. Anyone got the tel number?

Just edited my previous post and inserted the tel no:D

lenny
09-06-2008, 20:39

Good on ya,Topic and Wanderer, keep posting if you have any problems:)

Polly
09-06-2008, 21:16
Hia
How many about are coming to hayfield.
I only ask so I have enough TEA BAGS.

NO NO NO
Don't be silly it looks as though its a box of wine not a bottle.
:D:D:D:D:D

lenny
09-06-2008, 21:25
Hia
How many about are coming to hayfield.
I only ask so I have enough TEA BAGS.

NO NO NO
Don't be silly it looks as though its a box of wine not a bottle.
:D:D:D:D

Sod the teabags:eek::D:D, make that two boxes of wine:rolleyes:may even bring some myself:)

Polly put the kettle away:cool:

tresrikay
10-06-2008, 18:18

Its the hayfield C&CC site, no hook ups or hard standing ( apart from my personally reserved gateway;)) but it is my favourite site and I checked with Joan ( the warden) and it seems there are a few of us descending mayhem upon the other poor wretches camping there. I have the Friday off, Taking the van for its habitation first thing, then on to paradise. So I will be there from 12 onward. Just tell Joan you are with the white trash........:eek: Sorry the suave lot from wildcamping and they will send you away:rolleyes:point me out probably sitting out with a beer. SO COME ON YOU LOT ........... lets get the party started:):);)

Topic and Wanderer
10-06-2008, 18:48
Any idea what they charge?

lenny
10-06-2008, 19:06

They charged us £13 a night for a family of 2 adults 4 kids;), if you go to your C and CC club website you can check availability and book through clubrez or something like that, you won't be disapointed:cool:

grath
10-06-2008, 19:08

Price per adult
High season £6.60
Mid £4.9
Low £4.20
Prices for member Concession for over 60
High Season £6.60
Mid £3.45
Low £2.95

Kids
High season £2.15
Mid £2.05
Low £2.05

Not sure what dates the seasons change
SORRY, those are 2007 prices but wont be up by much

tresrikay
11-06-2008, 18:20
Just doing a roll call, so far, as far as I am aware we have, definates.
tresrikay
grath
lenny
polly
and possibles,
sundown
mandrake
topicandwanderer.
Sorry if I have left anyone out. It would be great if we could break our record this weekend and as it is such a cheap, (but well cheerfull) site it would be a shame not to have the mother of all parties........ and I promise not to get the geetar out.:):):);)

grath
11-06-2008, 18:23
Just doing a roll call, so far, as far as I am aware we have, definates.
tresrikay
grath
lenny
polly
and possibles,
sundown
mandrake
topicandwanderer.
Sorry if I have left anyone out. It would be great if we could break our record this weekend and as it is such a cheap, (but well cheerfull) site it would be a shame not to have the mother of all parties........ and I promise not to get the geetar out.:):):);)
I think that Kath (ladytramp) might just come with me:D:D

tresrikay
11-06-2008, 18:42
I think that Kath (ladytramp) might just come with me:D:D

Sorry, I was just totting up vans not occupants, but my humble apologies Kath did not mean any offence or disregard and am looking forward to seeing you both EQUALLY...:(:(:D

ladytramp
11-06-2008, 19:19
Sorry, I was just totting up vans not occupants, but my humble apologies Kath did not mean any offence or disregard and am looking forward to seeing you both EQUALLY...:(:(:D

Looking forward to seeing you guys again and hopefully a few new faces. I'll bring the white wine and promise not to get toooooooo P****d - well I'll do my best!!!!!!! Hopefully Polly will have plenty of T at the ready!!!! It's a great site and I hope everyone will enjoy themselves as much as we all did at the last meet. Looking forward to it .:):):):)

flashingblade
11-06-2008, 20:20
hi there. would be good to put faces to names. can anyone confirm dates for this meet. i will phone up and see if they can accomodate a van with a big botty. cheers.

lenny
11-06-2008, 20:46
hi there. would be good to put faces to names. can anyone confirm dates for this meet. i will phone up and see if they can accomodate a van with a big botty. cheers.

Hi,Flashingblade, The weekend is the 27/28/29 JUNE , they will accomodate most vans and tents but not caravans, the streets through the village are a bit tight .. Hope you can make it;):)

Topic and Wanderer
13-06-2008, 19:31
Sorry but I'm afraid we will not be able to make it. Got my dates mixed and tied up that weekend. Hopefully will catch up with you all another time.

flashingblade
14-06-2008, 10:21
hi guys. booked on site at hayfield. look forward to meeting you all. will stock up on the essentials for the weekend (bargain booze here i come).

grath
14-06-2008, 21:33
I see that an invite has been put out on motorhome fun for this meet.:eek:

mandrake
14-06-2008, 21:39
anyone know if there is a car park for visitors at the hayfield site as i will be coming over for a hour or two, but as my wife seems to be working that weekend i will not be able to stay

grath
14-06-2008, 21:43
anyone know if there is a car park for visitors at the hayfield site as i will be coming over for a hour or two, but as my wife seems to be working that weekend i will not be able to stay
Not sure but there is a private road from the lane to the site. This is in clear view and I would not have thought it would be a problem parking there.
Also there is a pic nic car park adjacent to this road.
The wardens are nice and friendly and I would imagine they will do all to help.
Look forward to meeting you and others:cool:

mandrake
14-06-2008, 21:48
cheers grath i will find somewhere to park as i dont want to miss meeting up with you all bit of a shame linda is on duty that week end

grath
14-06-2008, 21:50
cheers grath i will find somewhere to park as i dont want to miss meeting up with you all bit of a shame linda is on duty that week end

Try a sicky day:D:rolleyes:;)

mandrake
14-06-2008, 21:55
just told linda you say chuck a sikky she lol. unfortunately they are short staffed on nights

grath
14-06-2008, 21:57
just told linda you say chuck a sikky she lol. unfortunately they are short staffed on nights

Try a little bondage:D take her into the m/h on some sort of pretext and lock her in:D:D:D

mandrake
14-06-2008, 21:59
think she may try to get someone to cover for her if at all possible

grath
14-06-2008, 22:01
think she may try to get someone to cover for her if at all possible
Would be really good if she could make it:cool:

mandrake
14-06-2008, 22:15
just been looking at there website looks ok funny no caravans allowed how much a night there

grath
14-06-2008, 22:22
just been looking at there website looks ok funny no caravans allowed how much a night there

See post 37 for last years prices:D
Think maybe no caravans because of the road in is narrow and if 2 caravans meet:eek::D:eek::D

grath
15-06-2008, 16:07
Hi Guys & Gals.
This meet is only a couple of weeks away and you will need to book, therefore to avoid disappointment please do it now:D:cool:
Lots of you are near to this meet and we have not heard a dickie bird from some of you, so come on lets have fun:D:):cool:
Mandrake, Ladytramp has just told me that the picnic car park (walkers car park) across the road was full when we were there last :(but she thinks there is a visitors car park at the site.:cool:
Maybe have a word with Tresrikay as he is a regular there and he could maybe have a word with the wardens.
But we really hope you can make it for an overnight so we can party:cool::D

grath
15-06-2008, 19:16
Hiya,Graham, keep plugging it and I'm sure we'll get a few more takers;):D,
I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Sam & George, you like meets, Cas & Loubylou, you both are near and like meets any of you coming:confused::D
Lots of fun to be had

lenny
15-06-2008, 20:00

Yes,there is a large car park on Kinder road at the entrance to the site but I,m sure if you drove up to the gates,the wardens would understand and let you on site for a short while.
Pity you can't stay:rolleyes: cos Rick (Tresrikay) does a mean malt whiskey:cool::D

sundown
15-06-2008, 22:42
hi all
ive not been online for a while,
been up north, then been soooooo busy
catching up on work making them flowerpotmen
and geting the website ready for major updating
but i've now got Mrs.Sundown (angie) 50% persuaded
to make a forray south of the border
reaching hayfield that weekend so "fingers crossed"

PS. Polly, if its tetley tea bags, you'd better put in a dozen extra for me! :D

grath
16-06-2008, 05:47
hi all
ive not been online for a while,
been up north, then been soooooo busy
catching up on work making them flowerpotmen
and geting the website ready for major updating
but i've now got Mrs.Sundown (angie) 50% persuaded
to make a forray south of the border
reaching hayfield that weekend so "fingers crossed"

PS. Polly, if its tetley tea bags, you'd better put in a dozen extra for me! :D

Would be fantastic if you could make it and we could then tell you face to face where to wild down here:cool:

tresrikay
16-06-2008, 18:34
Yes,there is a large car park on Kinder road at the entrance to the site but I,m sure if you drove up to the gates,the wardens would understand and let you on site for a short while.
Pity you can't stay:rolleyes: cos Rick (Tresrikay) does a mean malt whiskey:cool::D

ERRRrrrr Weelllll, I just seeeem to have run oot o the good stufff, Hmm hmmm, but i might just bring a wee dram of cooking whisky for the folks that have travelled so far, as long as they are carefull with the little wee glasses that I serve it in.....:o....... or if you have a wee thimble on board yer van it will do just as well......... as long as you don,t have those big stubby fingers that is... hmm hmmm

Polly
16-06-2008, 19:24
Hia
Iím here again, I can hear you groaning oh No!!!!:p:p

I have been having trouble with my internet one minute it works then it doesnít.:(:(
So it has kept me quite for the past week.
Anyway I would just like to say if you are a member of the Camping and Caravan club the age concession is 55 not 60 years old. So thatís good news for some of us.

Went up to Hayfield to do a recky so to speak on Tuesday evening. It was 17 miles BACK and 23 miles going. Donít ask. :confused::confused:
When I have a choice of left or right so to say you can guarantee which ever one I choose it will be the wrong one. You have to laugh donít you. People come from miles away and donít get lost.

Road up to site is ok it just the parked cars. The site had tents and motorhomes on and there was a large one on so he got up OK. It will be no problem
I will be up on the Friday evening.:D:D

Believe it or not I donít do tea but I do do coffee
See You All

cas
17-06-2008, 12:20
Have booked not 100% ill make wont know untill the friday, but thought if I leave it till the last min it may be full, Is anyone taking any children?

AndyC
17-06-2008, 13:03
The site had tents and motorhomes on and there was a large one on so he got up OK. It will be no problem

Max length at the Hayfield site is 26ft. The warden queried our length when we arrived...

AndyC

sundown
17-06-2008, 16:57
Well, we are now a definite
I have just phoned and booked :D :D
We'll be there about lunchtime friday
thats me, Angie, and paddy.
hoping to see many faces there ;)
PS. was it 27th june or July? :confused: :confused:
just kidding :D

grath
17-06-2008, 17:05
We will be late as Kath working late:mad::mad::mad::eek::eek:

cas
17-06-2008, 17:51
Max length at the Hayfield site is 26ft. The warden queried our length when we arrived...

AndyC

Think im under that, ill keep the bike rack up :) any one got the post code as its a long time since ive been.

lenny
17-06-2008, 17:57
Have booked not 100% ill make wont know untill the friday, but thought if I leave it till the last min it may be full, Is anyone taking any children?

Good on ya .Cas,:) Yes we will probably mhave one or two bairns;), age and gender unknown yet, It's a bit of a lucky dip:eek::D, looking forward to meeting you all:)

lenny
17-06-2008, 18:03
Well, we are now a definite
I have just phoned and booked :D :D
We'll be there about lunchtime friday
thats me, Angie, and paddy.
hoping to see many faces there ;)
PS. was it 27th june or July? :confused: :confused:
just kidding :D

Great stuff,Nick and Angie,(and Paddy, says Jack)Looking forward to meeting you all:), the way the numbers are adding up we should be able to organise a football match between us all, I'll bring the ball:eek::D

tresrikay
17-06-2008, 18:04
We will be late as Kath working late:mad::mad::mad::eek::eek:

Well don't forget your thimble, it seems this quarter bottle of kazachstany whisky ia going to have to stretch a long way:(:(:confused:

tresrikay
17-06-2008, 18:10
Think im under that, ill keep the bike rack up :) any one got the post code as its a long time since ive been.

Looking forward to meeting you Cas, postcode for the Hayfield site is SK22 2LE, see you there.;)

grath
17-06-2008, 18:42
Well don't forget your thimble, it seems this quarter bottle of kazachstany whisky ia going to have to stretch a long way:(:(:confused:

Ladytramp (what lady) can have my share:D:D
I'll stick to wine:D:D

tresrikay
17-06-2008, 19:59
Just looked back through all the threads, It seems we have,
Tresrikay
Lenny
Grath&Kath
Polly
Flashingblade
Cas
Sundown
and Possibly Mandrake, looks like a party to me.......... so come on Sam & Geoff, Cipro and Telstar, you all live near enough, so give the site a bell on 01663 745394............ Just tell them you want the special Wildcamper rate :eek:for the weekend:rolleyes:;) Sorry if I have missed anyone out.

Polly
17-06-2008, 20:31
Hia
Whisky----Wine----Tea----Coffee
Bells Red --- Nescafe
all the fluids we may need for a WILD weekend
What about food?????????????????
So this is where WILD CAMPING gets it's name from really!!!!!!!

ONLY KIDDING:D:D:D

Look forward to meeting the Lady's :):):)

sundown
17-06-2008, 20:36
Ive also been looking back through the posts,
and have discovered that we will be the oldest couple there :(
so, what concessions have been arranged for the elderly :)
may I suggest,
a 20 metre start in the race to the pub (last man buys the drinks) :eek:
a rope and pulley system rigged up for a walk up the hills, :rolleyes:
and no jokes please about "auld Jock" :D :D

Polly
17-06-2008, 20:46
Hia

Nobody said anything about a walk up a HILL :eek::eek::eek:

surpose if you go up a HILL you always have to come down!!!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D

lenny
17-06-2008, 21:26
Hia

Nobody said anything about a walk up a HILL :eek::eek

surpose if you go up a HILL you always have to come down!!!!!!!

I recently learned a great method of easing the pain when tackling a steep climb up a hill:rolleyes:, When you start to feel the pace ,just get a friend or family to call you on your mobile:confused: ,have a good chinwag for about 10 minutes :), then before you know it, you're at the top and you did'nt feel a thing:D.....Just ask Kath:p:D(Ladytramp):)

Polly
17-06-2008, 21:57
Hia
Just hope there is a signal!!!!
Late hubby and I was going up Snowdon a different way than before 1/2 way up and no signal on mobiles.

Just to clarify been 3/4 way up Snowdon on the train and all the way up from Llanberis by foot WOW I can hear you saying

about 4 years down the line.
I take life alot easier now don't really do hillls :D:D:D

But I might try :eek::eek::eek:

tresrikay
18-06-2008, 12:59
So I take it not many takers for the Kinder Scout to edale sack race then:eek:. So if we just stick to the Mount famine egg and spoon race :(follwed by the Three legged race to Wildboar clough :oand call it a day at that:rolleyes:;):cool:

cas
18-06-2008, 18:38
Looking forward to meeting you Cas, postcode for the Hayfield site is SK22 2LE, see you there.;)

Thanks 31miles for me plus a few more for the odd wrong turn :D

grath
18-06-2008, 19:16
may I suggest,
and no jokes please about "auld Jock" :D :D

You buy the drinks as you can't run out on the bill as quick as we can:D:D:D

lenny
18-06-2008, 20:18
may I suggest,
and no jokes please about "auld Jock" :D

I'll do a deal with you,Nick:cool:, I'll buy the ice creams at the top of the hill if you get the pints in:p:D.

BTW We will have a rope on board but thats for the Tug-O-War:eek::cool:

sundown
18-06-2008, 20:33
BTW We will have a rope on board but thats for the Tug-O-War:eek::cool:
Tug-o-war!!! :eek: :eek:
well I hope its not Scotland v England
as I would be on my own with paddy
as Angie suffers from emphysema
and cant indulge in anything strenuous

sundown
20-06-2008, 22:35
just keeping this post up to the top,
looks like seven vans attending (possibly eight)
the more the merrier
I just realized today that the tax on the van runs out
at the end of the month, and so does the insurance :eek:
but got it fixed so I'm all legal again
looking forward to meeting you all! :D :D

lenny
20-06-2008, 22:50
just keeping this post up to the top,
looks like seven vans attending (possibly eight)
the more the merrier
I just realized today that the tax on the van runs out
at the end of the month, and so does the insurance :eek:
but got it fixed so I'm all legal again
looking forward to meeting you all! :D :D

This has got me thinking, Roadtax OK,,Insurance OK,,,MOT July 4th.:eek::eek: don't panic Capt. Mannering,,get the weekend over then Panic:eek::p:D

Oh, the joys of motorhoming

sundown
20-06-2008, 23:01
I think I paid too much for insurance
£319 from safegaurd :eek:
adrian flux couldn't come below that so
I just stayed with safegaurd
thats with AA breakdown cover
so I'll just call them out
every time paddy gets locked in the toilet :D :D

Polly
21-06-2008, 12:20
Hia
I'm getting excited :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
6 more sleeps to go :D:D:D

cas
21-06-2008, 16:02
Hope the weathers better next weekend, :)

lenny
22-06-2008, 12:51
I'm sure Rick (Tresrikay)would have organised the fair weather for the weekend:), if not then we know who to blame:p:cool:

Anyway, come rain or shine:rolleyes:, I will still enjoy it:) ....Theres no such thing as bad weather....Just bad clothing;)

sundown
22-06-2008, 13:34
well, we just have to pack things in the camper this afternoon,
then give it a good wash and clean , then we're off in the morning. :D
I see you've had a lot of rain down that way last couple of days
I'll bring some sunshine down with me
see you all Friday! :D

grath
22-06-2008, 13:58
well, we just have to pack things in the camper this afternoon,
then give it a good wash and clean , then we're off in the morning. :D
I see you've had a lot of rain down that way last couple of days
I'll bring some sunshine down with me
see you all Friday! :D

Have a safe and enjoyable journey and we hope to meet you and Mrs Sundown along with anyone else that we have yet to meet next weekend:cool:

lenny
22-06-2008, 13:59
Good on ya,Nick:), don't forget to pack the freebies:eek: you promised us:p a while ago:D.. Have a safe journey and roll on Friday:cool:

cas
22-06-2008, 15:18
Is anyone taking a dog? if so Ill leave mine at home, also any children going

grath
22-06-2008, 15:23
It looks like we have a half decent turn out for this meet and possibly the most vans so far but still a little disappointing as most folks just don't seem to want to meet up:(
Some talk about it, but just don't follow through :(
Never mind though as we will have a good time and make more new friends:cool: and we will be the richer for it:)
You guys that are still thinking about it, had better stop thinking and make the decision or I am afraid you will probably find that the campsite will be full and you will not be able to get on:(
Hurry up guys:D

grath
22-06-2008, 15:26
Is anyone taking a dog? if so Ill leave mine at home, also any children going

Yes Cas, I think a few dogs will be there:D
Our Elle, Lenny's Jack, and Sundowns dog (sorry, can't remember name):D

grath
22-06-2008, 17:17
Kath (ladytramp)has just said we had better start drinking earlier:cool::D;)
Reason
So we can stop earlier and not upset other campers:eek:
Rick are you listening:D
Any excuse:D:p
We like this site so much that we have just booked for the August bank holiday:D

sundown
22-06-2008, 17:43
Yes Cas, I think a few dogs will be there:D
Our Elle, Lenny's Jack, and Sundowns dog (sorry, can't remember name):D
Sundown's dog! :eek: his name is paddy
thats Pee----aaa---dee----dee-----wwyy
write that down one hundred times so you dont forget. :D :D
PS. I wouldn't start drinking too early or you'll be forgetting
your own name. :eek: :D

grath
22-06-2008, 17:46
Sundown's dog! :eek: his name is paddy
thats Pee----aaa---dee----dee-----wwyy
write that down one hundred times so you dont forget. :D :D
PS. I wouldn't start drinking too early or you'll be forgetting
your own name. :eek: :D

Err, Ive forgot already whatdayacalit??? watsisname???:D:D:D
TOOOOOOO much red staff

Polly
22-06-2008, 17:48
Hia

5 more sleeps;););)

:D:D

grath
22-06-2008, 17:50
Hia

5 more sleeps;);)

:D:D

Ive got insomnia:D:D:D;););)

tresrikay
22-06-2008, 19:15
What I want to know is, How come all you lot have been chatting away merrily whilst I have not been able to access the site since last wednesday. I just could not get on. Has it been down again? or has Admin, Im not worthy, Im not worthy, put me in the sin bin? however whilst you lot have been having a jolly old time, I have had to resort to trying to pick up a few gaelic phrases so sundown wont feel left out. You see the lengths some of us are prepared to go to whilst you lot have been jingly jangly make mine a brandy! Well Sundown I hope we all make you FAILTE:p........ and the rest ........ WELCOME;)..... raise your glasses to a good weekend :D......... SLANJE..... Thats S..lanje.....as we can still stand upright.:D

sundown
22-06-2008, 19:36
hi rick and thanks for making us feel so welcome
before we even get there. :)
as a special treat for your favourite site
i'll jar up a few thousand midgies here
and let them rip at hayfield :eek: :eek:
it'll feel just like home :D :D

tresrikay
22-06-2008, 19:57
hi rick and thanks for making us feel so welcome
before we even get there. :)
as a special treat for your favourite site
i'll jar up a few thousand midgies here
and let them rip at hayfield :eek: :eek:
it'll feel just like home :D :D

DON@T forget I have 6 bottles of skin so soft on board......... so BRING UM ON........ we do have a native Hayfield Midge that is more than up to the task of taking on your celtic brethren....... ask LENNY!:mad::eek::D

lenny
22-06-2008, 20:05
That's right,Rick:(, I still bear the scars on me heed where they got me:eek:

BTW.. 3 weeks on and my "skin so soft" still has'nt arrived since I ordered it over the net:mad:,, Think I've been bumped:o:cool:

tresrikay
22-06-2008, 20:25
That's right,Rick:(, I still bear the scars on me heed where they got me:eek:

BTW.. 3 weeks on and my "skin so soft" still has'nt arrived since I ordered it over the net:mad:,, Think I've been bumped:o:cool:

I:D:confused: might let you use some of mine, if you are kind.... and .... call me ....... sir

grath
22-06-2008, 20:27
While you lot are applying the skin so soft, Kath & I will be sipping the red or white stuff and maybe nicking some of your whiskey:D:D
when you are not looking as you will be too busy with midge protection:D:D

Polly
22-06-2008, 20:34
Hia

How will we recognise each other????

Will it be a rose or a carnation in the button hole for the lady's and the men holding a newspaper????????

I will have Home and Bargins twinkling butterflies outside Gladys or I might even have my faded red fire bucket with ducks floating on the water!!!!!

Whatever I'll find you all ;);););););)

grath
22-06-2008, 20:39
Hia

How will we recognise each other????

Will it be a rose or a carnation in the button hole for the lady's and the men holding a newspaper????????

I will have Home and Bargins twinkling butterflies outside Gladys or I might even have my faded red fire bucket with ducks floating on the water!!!!!

Whatever I'll find you all ;);););))

I think we will be the last to arrive, we have meet Cas, Lenny & Rick and I understand the Wardens have put us in Ricks party (well that is what it says on my on line bookings for the C & C C)
Just look for little & Large:D:D
I'm 6 foot & Kath is under 5 foot:D good things come in small packages:D:D

sundown
22-06-2008, 20:45
Hia

How will we recognize each other????
Hi Polly you will easily recognize me
I'm 6'4 ins, 18 stone, massive red beard, tartan bonnet,
and sound like Sean Connery :D :D
Mrs Sundown says "yea! right"

lenny
22-06-2008, 20:56
Hi Polly you will easily recognize me
I'm 6'4 ins, 18 stone, massive red beard, tartan bonnet,
and sound like Sean Connery :D :D
Mrs Sundown says "yea! right"

Hi, Polly, I'm about the same dimensions as Sundown;)
Flat cap,covered in pigeon sh*t, whippet by me side,
and sound like Jimmy Nail:eek::D

Wife says..Is Jack a whippet?:confused::p

sundown
22-06-2008, 21:43
hi Angie is asking
is there a shop at hayfield?
is there a resturant?
is there a chippie carry out?
is there a chinese?
what I would like to know is
how far is it to the pub?
and is it the same distance coming back? :confused: :confused:

grath
22-06-2008, 21:46
hi Angie is asking
is there a shop at hayfield?
is there a resturant?
is there a chippie carry out?
is there a chinese?
what I would like to know is
how far is it to the pub?
and is it the same distance coming back? :confused: :confused:

You have all of those and a pub only 5 minutes away and more in the village which is about a 10 min walk

sundown
22-06-2008, 21:50
thanks for your quick reply Grath,
she is unpacking the haggis now! :eek: :D

grath
22-06-2008, 21:54
thanks for your quick reply Grath,
she is unpacking the haggis now! :eek: :D

You could bring the Haggis for Kath as she misses it:D:D
I hope the legs are shorter on one side than the other

cas
23-06-2008, 14:58
went down to my van today to find that it had been broken into, I think the intention was to steel her as the coupling was off and the ignition wires all pulled out and the engine cover was off. There is an isolator switch to the engine batterys which was activated, so she would not start however she needs a new ignition at the least and to top it off the let my fire extinguisher off in the cab :mad:.

I also need to drain my fuel tank as the cap was off but still about 1/2 tank, dont want to take the risk that they have put somthing in it, did check and my sugar is still there.

Not sure how they were going to get her out as she is in a compound hoopefully something will show on the CCTV. We have had her started but that was by doing something with the wires.

grath
23-06-2008, 17:19
went down to my van today to find that it had been broken into, I think the intention was to steel her as the coupling was off and the ignition wires all pulled out and the engine cover was off. There is an isolator switch to the engine batterys which was activated, so she would not start however she needs a new ignition at the least and to top it off the let my fire extinguisher off in the cab :mad:.

I also need to drain my fuel tank as the cap was off but still about 1/2 tank, dont want to take the risk that they have put somthing in it, did check and my sugar is still there.

Not sure how they were going to get her out as she is in a compound hoopefully something will show on the CCTV. We have had her started but that was by doing something with the wires.
This is very bad news Cas:mad:
I do hope you are insured, but it is all the hassle:(
presumably you won't be at the Hayfield meet and we will miss you:(
Hope you get it sorted soon:cool:
All the best:cool:

tresrikay
23-06-2008, 18:29
I am so so sorry to hear you have been a victim of the low life scum that is pervading our society and ruining all they touch. We will miss you and I hope all gets sorted and the lowlife get caught but they were probably in hoodies and the pol-is will no doubt be exceedingly busy arresting people 5 minutes over on the meter.:mad::mad::mad:

Polly
23-06-2008, 19:15
Oh Cas
I feel for you .

Get yourself sorted out your head round everything

We will catch up again sometime

Your priority is you and your m/h

Thinking of you

lenny
23-06-2008, 19:17
We are truly sorry to hear of your bad news on the van:mad:, you must be gutted:(, I know I would be, lets hope you get it sorted very soon and it does'nt cost you too much to put it right.
In the meantime, if there's anything we can do to help you, then don't hesitate to ask. Good luck Cas

cas
23-06-2008, 19:37
Thanks all, yep im gutted waited all day for the police who said dont touch anything till weve seen it, they finally showed up after 6pm only to say because of all the powder they cant get any prints :mad::mad: could of had her cleaned out at least.

Dont know about Hayfield yet my friend will be able to see better once shes clean if the stearing is ok and he can get her drivable then I will still come, theres 2 comercial scrap yards one at Worksop and one at wakefield so it may not be worth me going through the insurance.

lenny
23-06-2008, 19:50
Thanks all, yep im gutted waited all day for the police who said dont touch anything till weve seen it, they finally showed up after 6pm only to say because of all the powder they cant get any prints :mad::mad: could of had her cleaned out at least.

Dont know about Hayfield yet my friend will be able to see better once shes clean if the stearing is ok and he can get her drivable then I will still come, theres 2 comercial scrap yards one at Worksop and one at wakefield so it may not be worth me going through the insurance.

What make is your van,Cas, and what exactly do you need to get her running?

cas
23-06-2008, 19:58
Merc 811 needs new ignition for definate, we did get her running by hot wiring her but there seems to be lots of other wires on show as well, will know more tomorrow

lenny
23-06-2008, 20:19
Thanks for that, Cas, I'll put the feelers out and see if I can help:)

lenny
23-06-2008, 20:36
Well I believe Sundown set off today on his epic journey to Hayfield in Derbyshire,and what a lovely day he chose to start his hols:),lets hope the sun follows him and Angie all the way to Hayfield and remains with us for the whole weekend:rolleyes:.

Lets also hope he forgets to bring that jar of Midgies:eek::eek::D

Polly
23-06-2008, 20:43
Hia

only 4 more sleeps. :):)

Am I getting on your nerves yet :rolleyes::rolleyes:

My work colleagues and family and my couple of friends think I am mad but I have assured them that you are not MASS MURDERERS :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

cas
23-06-2008, 20:48
So did mine a few years ago when said i was going all the way to gretna for a wedding then on to the middle of nowere to wild camp with them and hadnt met any of them :)

grath
24-06-2008, 05:13
Hia

only 4 more sleeps. :):)

Am I getting on your nerves yet :rolleyes::rolleyes:

My work colleagues and family and my couple of friends think I am mad but I have assured them that you are not MASS MURDERERS :eek::eek::eek::D

When we go to a meet and Kath tells her work colleagues, they kid her on that we are going swinging, but sometimes she thinks that they are serious:eek::D

ladytramp
24-06-2008, 06:21
cas, so sorry to hear about your van. WHAT SCUM! Hope with a bit of luck you can make the meet. If you can't I'm sure we'll get together sometime again !!!! Keep smiling and I'm sure you'll get everything sorted out ok.
Lenny, went walking at the weekend and guess what? It was on the level so I didn't need Tammie to ring me as I had no hills to climb!!!!!!!! Think though for Hayfield I'll get her to ring me at the bottom of the hill this time and not half way up.!!! Better still I'll use a skate board and Elle can pull me up!!
See you all there - looking forward to it again.:):):)

cas
24-06-2008, 14:51
spent most the day cleaning her up think that powder will be lingering for quite a while, however I will be able to come to Hayfield, still need new bits but can get her started and eveything apears to be working, Im so glad that there was a battery isolator on there or she would of gone, I suguest for anyone with an older van they are easy to fit and only cost about £3-4 well worth it.

See you all friday:D:D

grath
24-06-2008, 16:58
spent most the day cleaning her up think that powder will be lingering for quite a while, however I will be able to come to Hayfield, still need new bits but can get her started and eveything apears to be working, Im so glad that there was a battery isolator on there or she would of gone, I suguest for anyone with an older van they are easy to fit and only cost about £3-4 well worth it.

Hi Cas,
very pleased you can sort it and are still coming to Hayfield:cool::cool::cool::cool:

tresrikay
24-06-2008, 17:44
Nice one Cas, you really are a trojan to get yourself together so quickly, as they say don't let the b*****d's grind you down. Looks like that 1/4 bottle of Kazachstany whiskey just will not do, so me short arns will just have to dig a little bit deeper into the old bottomless pockets and turn up a malt.;) Don't tell Lenny though he's on the wagon:eek:

grath
24-06-2008, 17:55
Has anybody heard what the weather will be looking like for the Hayfield meet:confused:
Whatever it says it will probably do the opposite by the weekend:D

Polly
24-06-2008, 18:21
Hia
I think Cas deserves a double malt.

Just been on unison's web site and guess what they are looking at a mid week 2 day strike I was getting excited about a long weekend B-----

Anyway only 3 more sleeps :cool::cool::cool:

tresrikay
24-06-2008, 18:40
Hi Poll, Are you a menber of Unison as I am , and I voted... to strike:eek:

mandrake
24-06-2008, 20:45
i will be over sat or sun morn, more than likely sat for a few hours as linda cannot get anyone to cover for her . so looking forward to seeing you all. dont know if anyone interested but there are quite a few ww2 aircraft wreck sites to be seen around the area about 50 or so that i have visited over the years some on kinder scout anyway will talk about things when i get there ok .

grath
24-06-2008, 20:51
i will be over sat or sun morn, more than likely sat for a few hours as linda cannot get anyone to cover for her . so looking forward to seeing you all. dont know if anyone interested but there are quite a few ww2 aircraft wreck sites to be seen around the area about 50 or so that i have visited over the years some on kinder scout anyway will talk about things when i get there ok .

Hi mandrake.
Both Kath & I look forward to meeting you:cool:
Safe journey:)

mandrake
24-06-2008, 21:05
try this link to get some idea ps looking forward to the meet PEAK DISTRICT CRASH VISITS - Crash sites in the Peak District. AWAY DAYS CRASH VISITS - Crash ... To visit Peak District Air Crashes since 18th May 2001 ...
www.peakdistrictaircrashes.co.uk/ - 2k - Cached - Similar pages
Crash sites visited in Wales

Polly
24-06-2008, 21:20
Hia
just before I retire wondering what the going rate is for visitors to a thread this thread holds at 2532 any advances
night night

lenny
24-06-2008, 21:44

Good on ya,Cas, thats the spirit,I made a few phone calls on your behalf to try and find the ignition block you need but no joy as yet,will keep trying.
I had a JCB isolator fitted to my old VW campervan and hidden out of sight, I remember people saying...."who would want to nick THAT, well you'd be surprised;), In the end no one did:).

See you all the weekend

lenny
24-06-2008, 22:11
Nice one Cas, you really are a trojan to get yourself together so quickly, as they say don't let the b*****d's grind you down. Looks like that 1/4 bottle of Kazachstany whiskey just will not do, so me short arns will just have to dig a little bit deeper into the old bottomless pockets and turn up a malt.;) Don't tell Lenny though he's on the wagon:eek:

Thats the spirit ,Rick;), dont worry,as soon as we're parked up, me and wor lass will be round your place with wa little thimbles:eek:, also Jack with his begging bowl:p:cool:

cas
25-06-2008, 09:11
Someone else can have my thimble full as I dont dring the stuff, I just have the green ginger :D, Im off to practice my hot wiring skills in a bit :eek:

grath
25-06-2008, 17:35
How many sleeps Polly?:confused::D:confused::D

Polly
25-06-2008, 20:15
Hia

if you insist.

It's only 2 SLEEPS now.:D:

WOW!!!!!

I know how I will recognise you all ;);)

I've sussed it out!!!

You will be carrying your weapons seeing you are MASS MURDERS:D:D:

A work colleague even sugested that the group is only one person taking on different roles.:confused::confused

don't be daft said I:confused: :eek::eek::eek:

grath
25-06-2008, 20:19
Hia

if you insist.

It's only 2 SLEEPS now.:D:

WOW!!!!!

I know how I will recognise you all ;)

I've sussed it out!!!

You will be carrying your weapons seeing you are MASS MURDERS:D

A work colleague even sugested that the group is only one person taking on different roles.:confused:

don't be daft said I:confused: :eek:

Well, there will be me and me and me and let me think now! oh yes me and me again oh and my merry bunch of me :D:eek:mass murderers
Seriously though, we are on a camp site so lots of other people along with Tresrikay, lenny, Cas, Sundown, Mandrake, Wigan Pier, Ladytramp, and I musy have forgotten somebody as I have had my nightly vino:D

mandrake
25-06-2008, 20:34
Well, there will be me and me and me and let me think now! oh yes me and me again oh and my merry bunch of me :D:eek:mass murderers
Seriously though, we are on a camp site so lots of other people:cool: or lots of me me me:eek:

we bin sussed :eek: or me or i :confused: me only there for a while got me spade :D:D if you see anyone looking like my avitar then i will huff and puff and blow your van down howwwwlll

Telstar
25-06-2008, 20:43
Hi

Been offline for three weeks, 2 of which were hols. The other working and not near a computer. Hayfield is near me and I did consider staying with you BUT it is the only weekend that we had free from rallying in July and we already had tickets for Eric Clapton on Sunday afternoon near Leeds. We also tried to get tickets for Journey on the Saturday night but that gig was cancelled. I tried to book in this afternoon to join you, just the Saturday night but Hayfield is FULLY BOOKED. If the weather is better than currently forcasted I may pop over and say hello Saturday.

Have a good weekend, hope the weather is better than forecasted and make sure you post some photos.

Jon

grath
25-06-2008, 21:02
Hi

Been offline for three weeks, 2 of which were hols. The other working and not near a computer. Hayfield is near me and I did consider staying with you BUT it is the only weekend that we had free from rallying in July and we already had tickets for Eric Clapton on Sunday afternoon near Leeds. We also tried to get tickets for Journey on the Saturday night but that gig was cancelled. I tried to book in this afternoon to join you, just the Saturday night but Hayfield is FULLY BOOKED. If the weather is better than currently forcasted I may pop over and say hello Saturday.

Have a good weekend, hope the weather is better than forecasted and make sure you post some photos.

Jon
HI Jon, I thought it might be fully booked:(
Whats this about the weather:eek: not seen it yet:eek:
You will have to come over on the Harley:cool:
Would be nice to see you and the missus again:cool:

cipro
25-06-2008, 21:03
Hope to come next time after France trip:cool:
Seems there will a few of you and I'm sure you will all have a brill time
Nice commitment by the northern lot:D

Respect to the guys who invited or got the meet together.
The web site may be quite this weekend:)

grath
25-06-2008, 21:05
Hope to come next time after France trip:cool:
Seems there will a few of you and I'm sure you will all have a brill time
Nice commitment by the northern lot:D

Respect to the guys who invited or got the meet together.
The web site may be quite this weekend:)

Look forward to it Tim:cool:

Telstar
25-06-2008, 21:09
Yes, was thinking of coming on the Harley if the weather is dry. (No I am not a fair weather biker but the wife is:rolleyes:) You'll hear me 5 mins before I arrive, which would give you time to hide!

Jon

cipro
25-06-2008, 21:09
Look forward to it Tim:cool:

Cheers Graham and send our best to all and of cause Ladytramp:cool:

cas
25-06-2008, 21:38
Not seen the weather hope its dry, looks like there will be me and my 10 year old son hoping to be there around 6ish

grath
26-06-2008, 17:49
I do hope the grass is not too soft otherwise I will be nicking Tresrikays hard gateway plot:D:D:D
Also getting up at 5 in the morning:eek: so that I can finish work early enough to have the van ready for when Kath gets home just before 6 tomorrow night.
We will be late:mad::eek:

Polly
26-06-2008, 17:57
Hia

Just 1 more sleep yipee

Do they have a tractor??????

Not to worry we can have our own glastonbury but without the bands

Weather supposed to be ok over the weekend.:cool::cool::cool:

grath
26-06-2008, 18:01
Hia

Just 1 more sleep yipee

Do they have a tractor??????

Not to worry we can have our own glastonbury but without the bands

Weather supposed to be ok over the weekend.:cool::cool::cool:

No tractor and the ground was soft where we were next to Rick last time, and it had been dry all week:eek:
Just take care:cool:

cas
26-06-2008, 18:06
Think ill pack an extra quilt just in case it turns cold, :)

Polly
26-06-2008, 18:30
Hia
My Gladys does not like soft ground ------ or maybe it's the way I drive her.

Never mind we will see and I am counting on all of you for your expertise.

I'll just bring my bread trays to try out.

Looking forward.
see you all soon

Ps Do you think we have bored the socks of the rest of the forum members :D;););):D:D

tresrikay
26-06-2008, 18:41
Right hear we are all gathered on Hayfields eve,

Nothing was stiring,
not even a scouse,
the sotsman was touring,
for the first time down south
and the truck man was sleeping,
to rise with the lark,
whilst rik sat with whiskey,
way past the dark.
Polly had stopped counting,
the nights till we met,
and cas was still looking,
on the internet,
for bits for her camper,
that vandals had wrecked.
But soon it was morning,
and the fellowship waked,
to prepare their adventure,
in the peaklands estate,
and as we all travelled,
from homes far and wide,
longing to get there,
to see who'd arrived.
They asked at reception,
we are here with rik,
and they had to inform you.
they were fed up and sick,
as they raised voice
to reply with a yell
"that sod of a richard,
is pitched at BAKEWELL"................boom boom.

see you all tomorrow........ honest.;)

flashingblade
26-06-2008, 18:44
been on met office site and forecast is fair but looks like heavy rain on sunday. you wouldnt catch me putting money on it, they often get it wrong. anyway, there looks to be plenty attending so suppose we could use man/woman power and a good tow strap (don't get excited).

tresrikay
26-06-2008, 19:19
If you cant make this weekend, then a great weekend at the site is the weekend of the sheepdog trials on the W/E of September 20 21. the event is a large summer fair and a great day out, it is held at little Hayfield, just down the road but a free bus runs fro Hayfield. It is a great day out so get booking.

lenny
26-06-2008, 21:25
If you cant make this weekend, then a great weekend at the site is the weekend of the sheepdog trials on the W/E of September 20 21. the event is a large summer fair and a great day out, it is held at little Hayfield, just down the road but a free bus runs fro Hayfield. It is a great day out so get booking.

Hmmmm:rolleyes:, sheep dog trials;), I wonder if they'll give little Jack a shot:eek::p, he once chased a whole flock of sheep for miles over the Cheviots:eek:, pleased the farmer didnt see it:rolleyes:

Hope to arrive between 7 and 8 pm tomorrow, just me and Christine,don't start without us:p:cool:

Sorry:o, and Jack:D

mandrake
27-06-2008, 01:19
that sound good lets hope we are free from work that weekend

Hazy-thoughts
27-06-2008, 09:31
Just re-read this thread and decided that you are all absolutely mad :D
I hope you all have a brilliant weekend, and that the weather holds off for you all.
I just hope that before much longer we will be actually out on the road, and will be able to come along and meet up with you all at one of these weekends.

Take Care one and all, and Have a Good One ;)

grath
27-06-2008, 13:32
Just washed the Hymer, don't know why I bothered as raining off & on and it will probably get filthy dirty en route to Hayfield:mad:
Just got to put a few extra clothes in and have a shower:eek::D and then waiting for Kath:mad:
Seems like an eternity:rolleyes:
See you all later, much later I think:eek:

mandrake
29-06-2008, 10:11
called over to hayfield sat morning for a couple of hours, nice little site although the site managers are a bit iffy :eek: had to park in the public car park on the road. when i saw the site warden he told me i could have parked on there car park, oh well never mind any way had a nice few hours talking to everybody there nice to put a face to a name its lovely and sunny here in wombwell today so i hope its the same over there .

grath
29-06-2008, 14:32
:Dhttp://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0234.jpg
Some of the wildlife at the Hayfield meet:D:D:D
The Hayfield meet was attended by
Sundown & wife, Nik & Angie, & dog Paddy
Lenny & wife Lenny & Christine & dog Jack (the lad)
Polly
Cas, Cas & son Marcus
Flashingblade, Jeff & Kim & family and also friends
Tresrikay, Richard
Grath & Ladytramp, Graham & Kath. & dog Ellie
Also we had a couple of day visitors, good that you could make it and we heard Jon,s Harley about 1 hour before we could see it (well nearly):D
Mandrake, Graham
Telstar Jon & Pam
It was a great turn out and we all enjoyed it thoroughly, unfortunately we were never all in the same place for a group photo:eek::D Couldn't find Lenny & Christine, Angie & Kim for photo's:(
Thanks guys & gals for such a good time:cool:

grath
29-06-2008, 14:34
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0221.jpg
More Wildlife at Hayfield:D

grath
29-06-2008, 14:34
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0232.jpg
More wildlife at Hayfield:cool:

grath
29-06-2008, 14:49
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0229.jpg
The same old Rabbit:D

cas
29-06-2008, 15:07
what a nice weekend we had, I shall now be campaining for all guide ropes to be visable at night as a couple of people tripped over ricks, but no not me I ended up flat out face done on the floor:),

Got the van back ok but didnt park my car in her spot and when I got mback my car is blocked in and Ive had to ring for a lift home h:)ope I can get it out tomorrow:(

grath
29-06-2008, 15:10
what a nice weekend we had, I shall now be campaining for all guide ropes to be visable at night as a couple of people tripped over ricks, but no not me I ended up flat out face done on the floor:),

Got the van back ok but didnt park my car in her spot and when I got mback my car is blocked in and Ive had to ring for a lift home h:)ope I can get it out tomorrow:(

It could only happen to you Cas,:D but pleased you got home ok:cool:

Polly
29-06-2008, 15:52
Hia

THANKS for a lovely weekend

has people say it is nice to put faces to names.

Cas what is the saying 3rd time lucky was you the 3rd person to trip over the guy line????:D :D:D

there were a few of us there wasn't they You don't reliaze till you look at the pictures and as it was said some were missing.

Don't know what the wardens thought of us though.
When I arrived said I was meeting up with some people.
Warden asked what name?
Me no idea showed him my piece of paper with your wild names and he took me over to Rick :D:D:D

THANKS again for not being mass murders and making it a good weekend.:D:D

And we just about made the curfew of 11.00 clock last night

Who else sits out in the cold summer weather having the midges bite :confused::confused:

grath
29-06-2008, 17:05
What a welcome home:(
I came home a little earlier than I might as the washing machine outlet was blocked and I thought that it may ave been blocked with £100 notes;):rolleyes: (wishful thinking) I really thought that a bra cup under wire might have been stuck by the pump like the last time:rolleyes:
Anyway, it was just the outlet blocked with fluff, BUT when I pulled out the freezer so that I could then pull out the washing machine, we found a ANTS NEST the size of a house brick (honest) with lots of eggs:eek: shock horror!!!
So it was just as well that the washing machine outlet was blocked as we had no idea as they have not been foraging around the kitchen YET:cool:
We have just spent the last 2 hours destroying the nest and Kath is now cleaning up:D
Me! well I'm having a well earned rest after just having my second shower of the day:rolleyes: Kath is still covered in Ant powder dust:eek:

grath
29-06-2008, 17:13
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0224.jpg
Elle dog at Hayfield:D

grath
29-06-2008, 17:14
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0223.jpg

More Elle at Hayfield:D

grath
29-06-2008, 17:18
[QUOTE=Polly;37197]Hi

has people say it is nice to put faces to names.

there were a few of us there wasn't they You don't reliaze till you look at the pictures and as it was said some were missing.

By grath

Maybe someone else out of our group, managed to capture some different faces:cool:

lenny
29-06-2008, 17:47
Hi, all, just to let you know we arrived home safely without incident following a lovely relaxing weekend. Thanks must go to Rick for organising it and all that turned up and took part.
Thats all for now ,must sort thriough the pics and see if theres any worth posting:)

Roll on the next one:D:cool:

mandrake
29-06-2008, 18:17
nice to hear you all made it back ok, it was great even though i was only there a short while .:Dnext meet i hope linda can make it aswell so we can stay overnight and join in

grath
29-06-2008, 18:18
Hi, all, just to let you know we arrived home safely without incident following a lovely relaxing weekend. Thanks must go to Rick for organising it and all that turned up and took part.
Thats all for now ,must sort thriough the pics and see if theres any worth posting:)

Roll on the next one:D:cool:

Yes thanks Rick for suggesting this location for a meet:cool:
We like it so much that we are returning for our third time this coming bank holiday.

grath
29-06-2008, 18:19
nice to hear you all made it back ok, it was great even though i was only there a short while .:Dnext meet i hope linda can make it aswell so we can stay overnight and join in

That would be very nice:cool:

wigan pier
29-06-2008, 18:23
:( hi guys & gals.
sorry i didnt make it to hayfield didnt get off hull docks till 2.30am sun with wagon realy gutted but have to work weekends can someonne let us know when thers another meet so i can book some time off.

regards to you all andy & lois.:o

grath
29-06-2008, 18:27
:( hi guys & gals.
sorry i didnt make it to hayfield didnt get off hull docks till 2.30am sun with wagon realy gutted but have to work weekends can someonne let us know when thers another meet so i can book some time off.

regards to you all andy & lois.:o

Tresrikay has another planned for the end of August, ask him when you get a chance

Polly
29-06-2008, 18:59
Hia
Daughter been around to see if everything went ok.
THANKS RICK
also not forgetting the George who sold Stella and a good priced meal
That's what happens when someone is in the know.
Why Because there are 4 pubs in the village and knowing me I would have choosen the wrong one (if there is a wrong one) :confused::confused::confused:

cas
29-06-2008, 19:04
Marcus says a big than yu to rick his little legs are aching from all that peddeling, he loved your bike,

lenny
29-06-2008, 19:56
Credit to you ,Cas, for young Marcus is a great kid and you must be very proud of him,keep us informed on your search for the new ignition block and I'll keep trying from my end.

Here's a pic of the site from above:rolleyes:, look closely and you can see your van quite clearly.

ps. mines dead centre;), you may be able to see the jazzy new windbreak attatched:p:D

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/29062008110_edited.jpg

cas
29-06-2008, 20:07
What a clear picture, I can see your van and mine quite clearly, I must invest in a camera, Marcus didnt want to go home he loves been out in the van.

Ive tracked down the owner of the car blocking mine in and I will be able to get out in the morning, he would of gone down tonight but I dont need it so said tomorrow will do.

mandrake
30-06-2008, 10:47
Hia
Daughter been around to see if everything went ok.
THANKS RICK
also not forgetting the George who sold Stella and a good priced meal
That's what happens when someone is in the know.
Why Because there are 4 pubs in the village and knowing me I would have choosen the wrong one (if there is a wrong one) :confused::confused::confused: no wrong pubs but you have to visit them all to find the best one :D sample all there beers and food then just to make shure you find the best one do the rounds one more time hic hic:D:D

Telstar
30-06-2008, 11:27
Nice to meet those of you I've not met before. Nice photo's, just glad I breathed in at the appropriate point!

Kath, thanks for those excellent cups of tea you provided.

Hopefully we will bump into some of you again at the sheep dog trials!

Jon

tresrikay
30-06-2008, 18:41
Bet you have all been wondering where the hell I have been, I know I said I was homeward bound to do a stint up the allotment but when I got home there was a note saying Sue had gone up with her Mum so I did the Gentlemanly thing and put my feet up and read the paper that I had'nt got round to because of all the organised athletic events that had been planned. I must say you are a sporting lot and I would just like to pick out some of the gongs that were awarded over our Hayfield Olympic weekend.

Hurdles, Cas came first although her injuries on the final nearly lost her 1st place.

Discus, Graham, he was forever polishing that white china discus with that red and white gingham cloth. ( though he did eat off it as well)

Cycling, Marcus, his stamina and fortitude kept him going for the full 15 miles of, 700 circuits of the site.

Juggling, Kath, I didn't realise a M/H could hold so many cups.

Motor, Cycling. The fabulous Telstars, who beat all comers in the Wombwell chase.

Slalom. Mandrake, his decent of the woodhead pass threw caution to the wind but gained him first place.

Hide and seek. Polly, whenever you turned around she had dissapeared again.

Moutaineering, Flashingblade his exploits on the cruel faces of Hathersage had us all white faced in awe.

Dog walking. this event had the most entrants and was a very close run event and the judges have been deliberating long but have decided that the accolade must go to Sundown and Paddy.

Relay, this award goes to Lenny, they found at least three different routes into Hayfield and also sneaked in a few pints as well.

As you can see my name is absent from this list ......as ..... fate had dealt me a terrible blow this weekend and ..... I was disqualified from all events....... The shame is all mine but in my defence I would only state that, Thinking that these noble travellers would be keen, nay eager to imbibe a dram or two of the purist of Islay malts. I threw away the 1/4 bottle of Kazachstany grain whiskey and lined up the drams for the arriving clan........ However, not a man jack of them wanted any, so to avoid a sacriligious wastage of Gods chosen nectar, I had to dispense of them myself, a tear on the cheek. Due to this selfless endeavor on my part I was a little ......... lets say......... unprepared ....... or maybe on occasions a little late for participation in these events. However be assured that my training regime stars now..... well tomorrow and next time it will be I that sports the LAURELS!

grath
30-06-2008, 18:52
Is anybody else going to post some pictures or did we break the camera lense:D:D

lenny
30-06-2008, 19:22
Is anybody else going to post some pictures or did we break the camera lense:D:D

I took this pic just after being awoken from my afternoon slumber:eek:,It's a little fuzzy and the Harleys obscured but Cas certainly had her eye on it:p:D

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd168/nyron/28062008108-1-1.jpg

grath
30-06-2008, 19:33
Hi Lenny, Nice to see you have blanked out Ricks number plate:cool::cool:

cas
30-06-2008, 20:01

I dont have a camera :)

Polly
30-06-2008, 20:53
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Picture002.jpg

Polly
30-06-2008, 20:57
Hia
Same photoes has you just a couple of different ones Hayfield Saturday Hayfield Sunday The George
sorry pressed the wrong button earlier :eek::eek::eek:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Picture006.jpg
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Picture012.jpghttp://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Picture008.jpg
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/simmutch/Picture010-2.jpg

cas
30-06-2008, 21:03
Polly u got me by suprise there, I look very grumpy must of been cos id just woke up :)

grath
30-06-2008, 21:04
Polly u got me by suprise there, I look very grumpy must of been cos id just woke up :)

Your not grumpy Cas:D
I see your m/h has made the pictures:cool::cool:

Polly
30-06-2008, 21:06
hia
Sorry Cas but some people will take seisters----afternoon kips :D

cas
30-06-2008, 21:15
It was all that playing in the park, I had to set an example for Marcus :D

grath
30-06-2008, 21:18
It was all that playing in the park, I had to set an example for Marcus :D

I did see you go down the kids slide:D:D
Looked good:D:D

cas
30-06-2008, 21:21
I did see you go down the kids slide:D:D
Looked good:D:D

That sliding thing was great, think i was on it more than Marcus, I even managed to fall off it :D

grath
30-06-2008, 21:22
That sliding thing was great, think i was on it more than Marcus, I even managed to fall off it :D

Yes and Kath went on the Kids swing:D

tresrikay
01-07-2008, 18:39
A very big thankyou to all the wonderfull wildcampers that joined together last weekend. If we were a club, it would show the way, a nicer bunch of people, I couldn't wish to meet. I look forward to the next time.......... even if you don't drink whiskey:confused::confused::confused:;)

cipro
01-07-2008, 19:38
Glad to see a successful meet and i spotted few new faces:D
Will keep looking for next date for meet and hope it is my w/end off.

ladytramp
01-07-2008, 20:16
Well folks after being eaten alive by the midgies on saturday night I have decided to keep Avon Skin so Soft in the van at all times!!!!!!! Didn't expect to be attached so much, it must have been Grahams deodorant!!!!!!:D Was it female midgies? He said they were dive bombing in squadrons at his hat lol
It worked for Rick as he fell asleep outside his van and didn't wake up till after one o'clock - he didn't feel a thing (must have been numbed by the whiskey)!!!!!!!::D

lenny
01-07-2008, 20:27
Well ' me little heed is all lumps and bumps following a weekend of midgie attacks on it, just as well I missed the main assault on Saturday night cos me heed would have resembled the Blue ridge mountains of Virginia:eek::D.

So has Rick found the magic repellant?:rolleyes:.. Skin so soft miixed with Whiskey not so soft:p

BTW, Rick, I had a little tipple of your Malt and it was Mint;), thankyou very much:cool:

tresrikay
01-07-2008, 20:29
Well folks after being eaten alive by the midgies on saturday night I have decided to keep Avon Skin so Soft in the van at all times!!!!!!! Didn't expect to be attached so much, it must have been Grahams deodorant!!!!!!:D Was it female midgies? He said they were dive bombing in squadrons at his hat lol
It worked for Rick as he fell asleep outside his van and didn't wake up till after one o'clock - he didn't feel a thing (must have been numbed by the whiskey)!!!!!!!::D

I was just experiencing the great outdoor opportunity of studying ( whilst in a Tantric trance) the positive ambience expelled during sub light hours, with which to enhance my ongoing study of the natural ying and yang that is particular to this peakland area and has been long sought out for inspirational cosmic assimilations. The fact that I fell to sleep during my studies, should not become a focus of ridicule.:mad:

ladytramp
01-07-2008, 20:35
Sure you weren't abducted by aliens ???????????? :)

lenny
01-07-2008, 21:38
I was just experiencing the great outdoor oppertunity of studying ( whilst in a Tantric trance) the positive ambience expelled during sub light hours, with which to enhance my ongoing study of the natural ying and yang that is particular to this peakland area and has been long sought out for inspirational cosmic assimilations. The fact that I fell to sleep during my studies, should not become a focus of ridicule.:mad:

Yeah, right,:rolleyes: is it correct that the last words you read in your studies were on the label of that nice empty bottle before you slipped into your peacefull slumber were "45% vol":p:D

Wish I'd known and had me camera:D

Polly
01-07-2008, 21:47
Hia
Did I miss something as I am a whiskey drinker used to be whiskey and ice but latly I have been having whiskey and lemonade not really the way to drink whiskey but I don't fall over so often now.
But I learnt about blended and malt whiskey this weekend and sorry I have been drinking a blended whiskey but I am sur I could manage a malt and possible fall over.

Oh by the way grabed (not litually)(can't even spell it right)an avon lady and ordered soft and ??? but it is a spray 2 for £5 and I have got a page full of what this product is useful for

tresrikay
02-07-2008, 13:01
:o
Yeah, right,:rolleyes: is it correct that the last words you read in your studies were on the label of that nice empty bottle before you slipped into your peacefull slumber were "45% vol":p:D

Wish I'd known and had me camera:D

A few years ago, when we lived on the narrow boat. We used to have great gatherings around a camp fire and long into the night. On one occasion after a halloween get together, the warmth of the fire and the flowing of the malt caused me to rest my eyes for a momment. I woke up at 3 a.m gazing at a few misserable glowing embers where once an inferno had raged and covered in frost. No thanks to all my compatriots but at least i woke up:(.

sundown
03-07-2008, 19:54
Well, here we are home again ,
Angie, Paddy, and myself, after a brilliant ten days away.
The highlight, of course, being the weekend meet at Hayfield
It was a real boost meeting you all, we really enjoyed our time south of the border,
It was also great that telstar and mandrake dropped by
adds two more names to my "who have you met" list
first photo, "The Harley" it looks like i'm leaning on the handlebar, :eek:
honest, I wasn't! :rolleyes:

and here's Lenny with jack and paddy
and Kath with Elle
(and half of Kath's head) sorry :o

here is Mandrake, Sundown, Lenny, Tresrikay, and Grath

and a group photo

so, after we left Hayfield on Sunday, we headed for the A1 north
where we got stuck in a tailback for one and a half hours.
undaunted by this, we finally reached ripon, where we spent the afternoon,
stopping for the night at Boroughbridge.
The rest of the week we had a brilliant time
exploring the Yorkshire Dales

one last photo
:eek:the lads having an afternoon kip:eek:

And a big thanks to Rick for organising the meet :D ;) :D

grath
03-07-2008, 19:59
Good pictures Nick, Can see all the ZZZZZZZZZZ :D
And kath decapitated:D peace and quiet at last:D:D

cas
03-07-2008, 20:23
glad you got home ok, :)

lenny
03-07-2008, 20:42
Great pics,Nick and Angie , pleased to hear you got home ok after your Hols.,;), was a pleasure meeting you both and the rest of the guys:), looking forward to the next one:rolleyes::cool:

Oh ,and Jack says say hello to Paddy:eek::D

sundown
03-07-2008, 21:11
Here's a bigger group where you can see the smiling faces :D :D :D

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff140/sun-down/hayfieldmeetjune27th20089.jpg

grath
03-07-2008, 21:17
What an Ugly Bunch of Wildlife:D:eek::D:eek:

lenny
03-07-2008, 21:23
Good one ,Nick:), Cas, look to the right of the photo;), one can clearly see that guy rope:p:D

cas
03-07-2008, 21:26
Ive got a right bruise on my leg still, Marcus told my mum and dad I fell over drunk :)

grath
03-07-2008, 21:30
Ive got a right bruise on my leg still, Marcus told my mum and dad I fell over drunk :)

You must have been nicking Ricks guarded by securicor single malt:D:eek:

cas
03-07-2008, 21:32
I was offered some but dont drink it, I must admit even tho it hurt it was funny :D

grath
03-07-2008, 21:35
I was offered some but dont drink it, I must admit even tho it hurt it was funny :D

Reminded us of when Kath did a similar thing in France and her Sister and Brother in Law both then fell on top of her while trying to help Kath up.
They just pile drove her nose into the ground:D:D:D
She still says that sometimes it hurts even now after 3 years:eek::D

tresrikay
04-07-2008, 18:16
Sounds a bit like an incestuos orgy to my. Glad you didn't post that fact before Hayfield as polly would have not turned up.:o................ by the way just heard that Talking tent spent the weekend in bed poorly, for all those that were asking about him.

markinbed
16-06-2009, 11:40
castlerigg for the summer solstice this weekend :

markinbed
17-06-2009, 16:20
be there this weekend will you

ajs
18-06-2009, 01:02

:rolleyes: OI benny.. yer've outgrown yer pants :eek:

regards:p
aj

Trevor
18-06-2009, 08:26
castlerigg for the summer solstice this weekend :
I have been to Castlerigg many times and only seen the sunrise once.:eek:
Here is hoping to good weather for the weekend.:)

Morgan01
20-07-2009, 10:58
The summer solstice happens on june 21st in northern hemisphere and on December 21st in southern hemisphere.

Camping & RV Parks (http://www.rvtoads.com/) Learn Wisconsin RV Park (http://www.rvtoads.com/rvparks/wisconsin.html)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS