PDA

View Full Version : france

pamjon
23-04-2014, 19:44
going down to spain next week one week in france going tours pau and somport Zaragoza and on to Valencia eny nice aires on way down preferably not carparks thanks pj

Solwaybuggier
24-04-2014, 05:56
Pleasant aire at la Suze sur Sarthe south of Le Mans. By the river, 5 incl hookup.

steco1958
24-04-2014, 08:06
Too many to mention to be honest, however, I also suggest looking at the Municipal Campsites, locally owned/run, most have fantastic character, cheap and secure.

marydot
24-04-2014, 08:15
We did the same route down to Albufeira. Stayed at Le Mans, on the waterside, next night next to the bridge in Montignac, 21695just next to the police station, the next night we stayed on a lovely little car park in the village of Urdos, shown below, ready to go through the Somport tunnel next morning. All of these sites were quiet, no problems.

Mary

Bambi 2
24-04-2014, 10:43
going down to spain next week one week in france going tours pau and somport Zaragoza and on to Valencia eny nice aires on way down preferably not carparks thanks pj

Hi. I have found some cracking Aires this winter from CAMPER CONTACTS, you can use it free, which is what I did to begin with, I thought it was pretty good so I paid for the full version., 5.45 euros and well worth it, I have now found lot's of Aires etc. with it in France, Spain and Morocco, BRILLIANT!!:goodluck:

pamjon
24-04-2014, 20:42
forgot to say don t want to pay marydot did you pay or free did you find eny on Spanish side pj

marydot
28-04-2014, 12:16
forgot to say don t want to pay marydot did you pay or free did you find eny on Spanish side pj

Pay????????!!!!!!!! Wash your mouth out with soap and water! Well actually, we did pay in France for 2 nights at Toul, on the way back home, but we took the long way back, taking 16 nights, and we had a couple of nights there on hook up, looking out across the town's moated ramparts, easy walk into town, etc., but normally, we find free ones. Try the French trick of driving on to the Aires which are free, filling up with water etc., then move on to one which charges for water without needing to use their facilities.

On the Spanish side the only one we used on the way down was the free one in Caceres.

On the way back up we used Spanish aires in Villanueva de Algaidas, then stayed in Velez Rubio. Our next stop was in a lovely village, La Salzadella, where you park in front of a huge mural of donkeys. The Mexico Bar in the village square is run by a lovely family. From there we travelled to Tremp, then Carcassone, where they have installed barriers across all the car parking areas in the town. You have to go to the one outside and will have to pay later in the year. We carried on from there up the Easter side of France into Belgium then back via Calais. We travelled 5500 miles altogether, but saw lots of fantastic scenery, and had a few hairy moments going up and down through mountainous areas.
These Aires are all listed in the All the Aires books for France, and the Spain and Portugal one.

My advice would be not to hurry, don't try to go too far in one day, get parked up early and go and explore. We always bought at least a couple of drinks in each village, as a sort of 'payment' for the Aire, as most villages provide them in the hope of encouraging tourists to come and spend a bit of money. Wish the UK was the same!

Marydot

John H
28-04-2014, 15:09
As others have said, there are too many to list - and you'll find most of them on CAMPINGCAR-INFOS (http://www.campingcar-infos.com) . Have a good trip.

lebesset
28-04-2014, 17:07
definition of a nice aire ?
one that is nearby when you want to stop

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS