PDA

View Full Version : skipness castle, Kintyre

Shuftie
05-05-2014, 17:40
Hi, has anyone stayed at the poi here? I wondered what it was like

2cv
05-05-2014, 18:06
I stayed there last year on a particularly foul night. Nice quiet spot that night, and it is a little sheltered should the weather be inclement.

Vanterrier
23-05-2014, 16:23
Stayed there about three weeks ago ... Also a pretty foul night but we were undisturbed and it was ok

K ;)

loulou
23-05-2014, 18:18
Hi, has anyone stayed at the poi here? I wondered what it was like

We stayed there last year, but our van was a bit big for the car park so we stayed on the foreshore between the village and the ferry, that was fine and peaceful and it was there we saw our first eagles. The seafood at Skipness castle was amazing.

Click on the link below for our update;

https://db.tt/lamTHNvt

Enjoy, we did.

:drive::camper::have fun::cheers:

Shuftie
02-07-2014, 19:43
Hi. Thanks for the info. Just back, did a lot of wild camping, all fantastic. There are lots of places on the Skipness road, just pull off but watch exhaust clearance. Less places on Islay, it seems a tidy Island, we stayed in the campsite at Porth Mor. Laid back with superb facilities. Lots of places on the Long Road in Jura. Try to stay in walking distance of the pub! :)

Firefox
02-07-2014, 20:15
Just did Islay and Arran.

Loads of places to wildcamp on both. Don't really need the POI's just go there and park up somewhere.

Islay common land on the bay north of Bowmoor is good, or carparks, Bowmoor, Ellen, Ascaig, B road Bowmoor to Ellen - can't go wrong.

Arran even easier - too many places to mention. Just drive round the Island, can't miss them.

Skipness, went to the POI and spent the afternoon there to see castle. Didn't stay overnight but looks great. Also Claionaig to Skipness road, loads of places, no POI needed, just park up.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS