PDA

View Full Version : Whitehaven POI car park Closed

Camper Bob
07-05-2014, 18:53
The POI named CU Whitehaven which is up by the landmark called The Chimney http:tinyurl.com/4e3dwxe has been permanently closed by the council , due to cliff erosion and subsidence. I checked with an engineer working on the harbour walls also badly damaged by recent storms , it won't open again he told me.

Also there is very little turning room if you drive up there to look........like I did!

No idea of alternatives I was just stopping at Tesco's.

POI Admin
07-05-2014, 19:37
Thanks for the update - I've removed it from the POIs ...

StevenJ
07-05-2014, 20:59
Nearest alternative is probably St Bees , but you have to put your hand in your pocket I'm afraid

lotty
07-05-2014, 21:52
what about the carpark just below the top one? Is that one closed too? Last time we were there it accepted MH's too but was a little more expensive? I don't think it was run by the council?

Camper Bob
08-05-2014, 20:24
what about the carpark just below the top one? Is that one closed too? Last time we were there it accepted MH's too but was a little more expensive? I don't think it was run by the council?

At the moment it has been taken over by the contractors repairing the harbour walls , it's full of portacabins etc. . But I guess when they finish it will be OK again..........

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS