PDA

View Full Version : Glen Lyon to Glen Lochay road

Camper Bob
08-05-2014, 21:12
There are a couple of POI's on the road from Briidge of Balgie , up past Loch Lyon and oer o Glen Lochay , sort of . Any way the streetview stops before the end of the road at the Lochay end. A couple of months ago I drove this road and they were sensible , up to the point streetview stops it is drivable , in my van anyways , but after that the surface deteriorates , gets very bad , big holes etc. There is a gate at the end for cattle etc , which I went through . Then parked up the road at the Glen Lochay car park about 1.5 miles down from the POI dot.

Just mentioning it incase anyone fancies a go , i only just managed it and there was some unpleasant scraping noises :o:o

Gee
09-05-2014, 09:47
There are a couple of POI's on the road from Briidge of Balgie , up past Loch Lyon and oer o Glen Lochay , sort of . Any way the streetview stops before the end of the road at the Lochay end. A couple of months ago I drove this road and they were sensible , up to the point streetview stops it is drivable , in my van anyways , but after that the surface deteriorates , gets very bad , big holes etc. There is a gate at the end for cattle etc , which I went through . Then parked up the road at the Glen Lochay car park about 1.5 miles down from the POI dot.

Just mentioning it incase anyone fancies a go , i only just managed it and there was some unpleasant scraping noises :o:o

I'm the guilty party that submitted these POI's. I did advise caution. I go up there a couple of the times a year. I was told by a farmer the road or track belongs to electric people and is not maintained by the council. If you value your van, bone china or false teeth avoid it. Its even worse coming from the glen lochy side due to the steepness.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS