PDA

View Full Version : Stopover in Leeds

Strollerbird
18-05-2014, 17:24
I Have to go to Leeds arena on Saturday and am looking for an overnight stay the night before. Any suggestions?

yorkslass
18-05-2014, 17:33
hi, I noticed, when passing, a possible stopover just on the ring road. its at the junction of gelderd road and the ring road, really close to elland road football ground. it looks to go a fair way back from both roads so not easily seen.

channa
18-05-2014, 17:52
Hi the spot you refer too is close to Croft Vehicle services, at the side is the NHS building, it was suggested I moved on from there by Croft as the NHS building is sensitive and security everywhere.

You may be referring to the tunnel that leads to the football ground.

I personally stopped just off Dewsbury road where it meets Garnet road....Industrial Estate plenty of places to stop a few trucks overnighting also

Channa

yorkslass
18-05-2014, 18:13
Hi the spot you refer too is close to Croft Vehicle services, at the side is the NHS building, it was suggested I moved on from there by Croft as the NHS building is sensitive and security everywhere.

You may be referring to the tunnel that leads to the football ground.

I personally stopped just off Dewsbury road where it meets Garnet road....Industrial Estate plenty of places to stop a few trucks overnighting also

Channa

yep, just checked, and it looks like the first place you mentioned. if op, doesn"t need to be so close to town another possible spot is lowlands rd mirfield, a cobbled street next to the canal, although about a 30 min drive to leeds.

T4VWK
18-05-2014, 21:16
I Have to go to Leeds arena on Saturday and am looking for an overnight stay the night before. Any suggestions?

You've plenty of time, you don't have to be at the arena till lunch time! Are you a TM or organiser?

Strollerbird
19-05-2014, 16:34
Well spotted - a TM

Looking forward to it

T4VWK
19-05-2014, 21:49
I'm a TM too but not taking my van to Leeds going on the train

StevenJ
19-05-2014, 22:42
Always welcome to park on my driveway ... I'm only 35 mins from leeds

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS