PDA

View Full Version : Highland Minimeet 8th - 11th August

magbrin
27-05-2014, 15:55
Bookings now being taken for the minimeet at Brin (IV2 6XD), Friday 8th - Monday 11th August.

We will be limiting numbers to about 20 vans, so please book only if you know you will be able to make it, so that others are not disappointed. Inevitably there will be last minute drop-outs and no-shows, so we will plan for 25 van bookings over 3+ forums.

Following the success of previous Highland Gatherings and Minimeets we will be following a similar pattern with BBQ on Saturday and trip to Dores Inn on Sunday. More detail will follow nearer the time.

Looking forward to meeting old friends and new.
All the best and safe travels
Margaret

PS. We are also thinking of a Halloween meet - to include our friends who will not be in UK in August, so if you are interest in this one (probably 30th October - 2nd November) please PM and I will keep in touch about it.

tribute11
27-05-2014, 19:03
Hi Margaret
We would love to come. We will arrive on the Friday night and leave Sunday night (providing my knee is OK)

Thanks
Jean and Robert

2cv
27-05-2014, 19:22
Hi Margaret, please put us down for this. Happy to drive to Dores if needed.

roamingman
28-05-2014, 16:15
yes we shall be coming, marked on calender.

magbrin
29-05-2014, 20:47
Great, you're all down. Look forward to seeing you all again.
Thanks for your offer to drive, Bill, there will be a new bus by then, you will be pleased to hear. I will need your licence details again, nearer the time.
safe travels
Margaret

nightman
30-05-2014, 22:04
Hi Margaret please can I come to the mini meet and trip to Dores for my fish & chips :cheers:

magbrin
01-06-2014, 19:57
Hi Margaret please can I come to the mini meet and trip to Dores for my fish & chips :cheers:

You're down Iain, and thanks for your pm. You're down for the Dutch meet as well.

Top Cat
02-06-2014, 16:45
[QUOTE=magbrin;425431]Bookings now being taken for the minimeet at Brin (IV2 6XD), Friday 8th - Monday 11th August.

We will be limiting numbers to about 20 vans, so please book only if you know you will be able to make it, so that others are not disappointed. Inevitably there will be last minute drop-outs and no-shows, so we will plan for 25 van bookings over 3+ forums.

Following the success of previous Highland Gatherings and Minimeets we will be following a similar pattern with BBQ on Saturday and trip to Dores Inn on Sunday. More detail will follow nearer the time.

Margaret

PS. We are also thinking of a Halloween meet - to include our friends who will not be in UK in August, so if you are interest in this one (probably 30th October - 2nd November) please PM and I will keep in touch about it.

Top Cat
02-06-2014, 16:46
Hi there could you please put our name down for the mini meet.Cheers TC

magbrin
04-06-2014, 21:04
You're down, Top Cat, look forward to meeting you.

Tricia
19-06-2014, 21:16
Hi Margaret
Can we all visit again. Would love to come to the minimeet.
Thanks
Tricia

kernewek
20-06-2014, 22:04
Me too please Margaret, and the hounds! I've invested in a ground stakes thing for Dweezil!!

magbrin
22-06-2014, 09:59
You're all down. Look forward to seeing you all again. Number's are looking good, I'll post more details before long.

Georgieporgie
24-06-2014, 01:46
Bookings now being taken for the minimeet at Brin (IV2 6XD), Friday 8th - Monday 11th August.

Margaret

Hi Margaret.
Please put me down for the mini meet as I am planning to be there.
George

magbrin
24-06-2014, 08:31
You're down, George. you must have heard us talking about you at the Dutch meet. Iain missed your craik!

Hope you are having/have had a good trip to the hot place you were going (Barbados?) and find the local wether refreshing!

ADMIN: any chance of getting this as a sticky?

The laird
24-06-2014, 20:06
Having never been to any of your meets yet was thinking of popping up as a day guest to visit.been a member of bono fury for a few years and been to meets with them but as I said never been to a w/c meet since getting the hymer.
Would it be acceptable to visit if I can manage

magbrin
24-06-2014, 20:34
Having never been to any of your meets yet was thinking of popping up as a day guest to visit.been a member of bono fury for a few years and been to meets with them but as I said never been to a w/c meet since getting the hymer.
Would it be acceptable to visit if I can manage

You are very welcome to visit during the day - but why not come for at least one night? BBQ probably on Saturday night (watch thread for details, soon) - which is the main event of the weekend.

The laird
25-06-2014, 09:27
Thank you vm.might just do that.will keep my eye open.up north a kot collecting whisky.seeva blue pug camper a lot must try n catch his eye

The laird
26-06-2014, 18:47
If we manage a visit what can i bring to contribute to the bash?

magbrin
27-06-2014, 21:22
If we manage a visit what can i bring to contribute to the bash?

I will be posting in the next couple of weeks, with more detail and what to bring, but if you are going to be here for the BBQ, the idea is that everyone brings something to share, and of course whatever you like to drink.

The laird
28-06-2014, 08:04
I will be posting in the next couple of weeks, with more detail and what to bring, but if you are going to be here for the BBQ, the idea is that everyone brings something to share, and of course whatever you like to drink.

Sounds good thanks.will watch

andy63
29-06-2014, 17:14
hi Margaret and angus, could you add me to the list for the mini meet. enjoyed the last one and see some familiar names and some new.
regards andy.

magbrin
29-06-2014, 21:09
hi Margaret and angus, could you add me to the list for the mini meet. enjoyed the last one and see some familiar names and some new.
regards andy.

You're down, Andy.
Look forward to seeing you again,

magbrin
11-07-2014, 09:41
Only 4 weeks to go. Weather amazing in the North of Scotland at the moment lets hope it lasts.

Just a reminder Highland minimeet starts on Friday 8th August, and we still have a few places left. Last count was 15 vans from 4 forums. You can join in as much or as little as you like, and the meet is free but we do ask for generous donations to the Cairngorm Mountain Rescue team who risk their own lives for those in trouble in the mountains. We have already raised over 500 this year but hope to reach 1,000.

We will have a themed night on Friday (details to follow) and communal BBQ on Saturday bring enough food for yourselves and cook it on the barbeque to share. Also please bring some rolls, sauces, or salads etc and kitchen paper/tools/black bin bags. I need not mention liquid refreshment!

On Sunday there will be a trip to Dores Inn, on Loch Ness. Please let me know, as soon as possible, if you want to join in. This event has been much enjoyed by our meeters in the past and if the weather is good it is in a stunning position overlooking the loch, with lots of photo opportunities. We hire the community minibus for transport (we still await the new bus, which should have arrived by then) and we will require at least one volunteer driver. Please let me know if you are willing to drive. I will need a copy of both bits of your licence before you arrive.

There will be opportunities to walk, go on the service bus to Inverness, and join in a working party, of it is of interest to you and although not normally given to raffles, quizzes, etc. we have been given a hand made designer silver necklace as a donation from our Dutch meet which we will be auctioning for the mountain rescue team so bring a bit of extra cash for a special present for a special person (your other half or yourself)!

Shortly I will be asking for confirmations, but in the mean time enjoy the summer weather.
Margaret

2cv
11-07-2014, 10:45
Please put 2 of us down for Dores, both happy to drive the bus if needed.

magbrin
13-07-2014, 16:20
Please put 2 of us down for Dores, both happy to drive the bus if needed.

Thanks, 2cv. You're down. And thanks for the offer of driving. Could you please forward copies of both parts of your driving licences? I think that Donna may want you to fill in a form as well but I will wait until she has your licences. I don't imagine both of you will need to drive - unless one drives there and one back. Think there's a short straw there somewhere:beer:

2cv
14-07-2014, 18:57
Thanks, 2cv. You're down. And thanks for the offer of driving. Could you please forward copies of both parts of your driving licences? I think that Donna may want you to fill in a form as well but I will wait until she has your licences. I don't imagine both of you will need to drive - unless one drives there and one back. Think there's a short straw there somewhere:beer:

e mail with copies sent.

champstar
21-07-2014, 11:47
Hi Margaret is there any space that we could squeeze into as we are planning a short trip up north around those dates.

magbrin
21-07-2014, 20:05
Hi Margaret is there any space that we could squeeze into as we are planning a short trip up north around those dates.

There is always a wee space for old friends:D Look forward to seeing you both again and catching up.

champstar
22-07-2014, 16:21
There is always a wee space for old friends:D Look forward to seeing you both again and catching up.

Thanks Margaret we will be up on the 8th, anything we should know to bring with us?

magbrin
23-07-2014, 10:44
Thanks Margaret we will be up on the 8th, anything we should know to bring with us?

BBQ stuff, and something for the themed evening - as yet to be confirmed:confused: See my post on 11th July for more detail. Will be posting again shortly with final info.

Thanks Bill for the driver details - will forward them to the co-ordinator:drive::drive:

magbrin
23-07-2014, 19:49
We have 18 vans booked with space for a couple more. Please can you confirm that you are still coming and let me know when you expect to arrive and leave, and if you want to join the trip on Sunday evening to the Dores Inn and Loch Ness.

magbrin
tribute 11
2cv`
Romingman
nightman
Top Cat
Tricia
kwenewek
georgieporgie
andy63
The Laird
Champstar
derek arnes
irnbru
tonybvi
ardgour
rwhites1
aj

Numbers will be limited, for Dores, and we already have some bookings so let me know soon if you would like to come.
See you soon and safe travels
Margaret

andy63
25-07-2014, 08:51
hi Margaret, just to confirm that im still coming, and would hope to be there by no later than mid afternoon...
how many places are available for the trip to the dores inn?
ta andy

The laird
25-07-2014, 11:26
Looks like i may not be able to attend.my hymer had a car run inro it in s.queens ferry last week.its in the body shop just now but h
ad a call to tell me parts wont arrive from germany until the 7th august
Flipping gutted but will keep fingers crossed they arrive early

2cv
25-07-2014, 11:50
Just to confirm we should arrive Friday afternoon and leave Monday, and 2 for Dores of course, forms have been returned.

magbrin
25-07-2014, 19:58
hi Margaret, just to confirm that im still coming, and would hope to be there by no later than mid afternoon...
how many places are available for the trip to the dores inn?
ta andy

If you want to go to Dores there is still space. Let me know. We are limiting numbers to 13 as that is the number that we can transport between the minibus and the car.

Looks like i may not be able to attend.my hymer had a car run inro it in s.queens ferry last week.its in the body shop just now but h
ad a call to tell me parts wont arrive from germany until the 7th august
Flipping gutted but will keep fingers crossed they arrive early

Sorry to hear it, but my fingers toes and everything else, are crossed. If you can't make it would you be interested in coming up for a Halloween meet?

Just to confirm we should arrive Friday afternoon and leave Monday, and 2 for Dores of course, forms have been returned.

Thanks, Bill. See you then:welcome:

Margaret

The laird
26-07-2014, 07:09
Yeah will keep my eye open for that one but still gonna hope for august mini meet all things going good
Thank you for the reply
Regards gordon

magbrin
26-07-2014, 10:39
Yeah will keep my eye open for that one but still gonna hope for august mini meet all things going good
Thank you for the reply
Regards gordon

Will keep your space warm for you:camper: If the bits arrive on 7th and the work can be done on Friday you should make it - even if you can't get up until Saturday.

roamingman
26-07-2014, 11:56
Hi do not think we will make it in August, have a blown cylinder head waiting for new one to arive, plus turbo, then put it all back together.

wil do are best will let you know nearer time.

champstar
26-07-2014, 12:17
Hi Margaret

Just to let you know that we are on track for the meet but I think we will give the trip to Dores a miss this time. Will probably arrive mid morning on the 8th as planning to leave thurs night and stop off on the way.

Tricia
30-07-2014, 18:43
Hi Margaret
We will be arriving on Friday and leaving Sunday afternoon.
Looking forward to catching up with you all

Tricia

andy63
31-07-2014, 21:24
hi Margaret, sorry its taken so long to get back.. I wont make dores this time. have decided to leave sunday. would like to be home as early as possible on Monday as have some jobs on van before leaving it in to garage on Tuesday morning, so leaving on Monday is out.
ta andy

magbrin
01-08-2014, 13:20
Still space for some late bookers.

Some last minute reminders:

There is space for more last minute bookers

Themed evening - Friday: Your favourite regional dish - with a hat (optional) to match!

BBQ, bonfire & mini auction - Saturday: bring food to cook on the bbq and share, Remember sauces, rolls, tools, charcoal etc. & cash for designer necklace being auctioned for Cairngorm Mountain Rescue team

Let me know if you want to go to Dores Inn for a meal on Sunday
evening.

Generous donations appreciated for Cairngorm Mountain Rescue who risk their own lives, in all weathers, to help others on the mountains.

See you soon
Margaret

tribute11
04-08-2014, 21:02
Hi Margaret

Confirm Robert and I and our new :dog: will arrive Friday afternoon and leave Monday morning. We will not be going to Dores as the puppy is too young to be left.

Looking forward to seeing again some familiar faces and meeting new ones

Jean:fun::fun:

andy63
05-08-2014, 21:44
hi Margaret, if I was in the area on Thursday evening, would I be able to stay at yours. if not ill be there Friday morning now...
ta andy

magbrin
06-08-2014, 07:27
Hi, Andy
Of course you can arrive on Thursday. If we are not about, you know where to go - pick your spot!
Al the best and safe travels
Margaret

kernewek
10-08-2014, 19:28
Margaret and Angus,

Many thanks for another fab meet - a great time had by all! A lovely bunch of people:), great singing (:bow:Kennis), great food:tongue:, great booze :cheers:, great jellies :scared: - George, you are a riot!

Safe home everyone!

Su, Frank:dog: and Dweezil:dog:!

andy63
10-08-2014, 19:51
another one home safely, and thanks to Margaret and Angus for another grear wk end, and to everyone else who was there that made it so.
back down to earth with a bump.
Su I'm sure I passed you in a lay by on A9. didn't think much about it for a while then started to wonder if you were stopped because you had broken down . I hope it was just a doggy break , would never forgive myself for not going back if it was a breakdown...
those that are still there and going to the dores I hope you have a great night.. safe travels home because the weather is not looking good..
had some torrential showers on way back today myself.

once again thank you all for for your company, and look forward to meeting again in the future.

kind regards andy

kernewek
10-08-2014, 20:06
Hi Andy,

It was me and it was a doggy break!! Glad to hear you back home safe.

Su and the boys

andy63
10-08-2014, 20:29
thank god for that Su, wouldn't have been able to show my face again lol.
ta andy

magbrin
11-08-2014, 06:26
Due to flooding the field was evacuated at 3am today.
Soup kitchen set up in Schoolroom. The last van towed off at 6.15.
I am sure that more stories and pictures of the event will follow.

Thanks to Ava, Robert and Jean for raising the alarm.

tribute11
11-08-2014, 09:45
Due to flooding the field was evacuated at 3am today.
Soup kitchen set up in Schoolroom. The last van towed off at 6.15.
I am sure that more stories and pictures of the event will follow.

Thanks to Ava, Robert and Jean for raising the alarm.
Robert always fancied a fishing meet. Did not think it would involve "fishing out" a motorhome!

Thanks Mags and Angus for a great weekend. The "swimming pool" was an extra freebie we did not expect!

Another great meet with super company and great friendship.

Jean and Robert.
Woof from Ava. :dog::dog:

andy63
11-08-2014, 13:32
sorry to hear about the flooding, the rain that I had most of way home must have been moving north.
as long as everyone is ok it will be an novel conversation when we meet again .
ta andy

tribute11
11-08-2014, 14:41
sorry to hear about the flooding, the rain that I had most of way home must have been moving north.
as long as everyone is ok it will be an novel conversation when we meet again .
ta andy
Thank goodness for Ava and her small bladder!
Jean

mygrassisblue
11-08-2014, 17:54
Sounds bad but at least it was near the end of the weekend.
Hope you all had fun before the flood.
Sorry we missed this one but we were at our only daughters wedding and it was the best ever.
Rain stopped for the whole of Saturday after pouring down on friday and then again on Sunday.
Lucky for us.
Maybe see some of you on the road soon as we are now free to roam.
Donald

andy63
11-08-2014, 18:11
Sorry we missed this one but we were at our only daughters wedding and it was the best ever.
Rain stopped for the whole of Saturday after pouring down on friday and then again on Sunday.
Lucky for us.
Donald

hi its andy, sure we met in may. Angus raised a glass to you on Saturday evening and wished you and the wedding celebrations well so you were in our thoughts (for a while anyway lol ).. pleased to hear the wedding went well. hope to see you at the meets next year if not before.
regards andy
ps...I left sunday so missed the drama :)

mygrassisblue
11-08-2014, 18:26
Andy,
Thanks for that.
I am sure we got good karma from you guys on Saturday.
Thanks to Angus for remembering as well and Magbrin who probably reminded him!!

Tricia
11-08-2014, 18:39
Thanks again to everyone for a fantastic weekend. Lots of great fun with lovely people.
Hope everyone got home ok
Tricia, Wayne, Euan, Kennis and Ozzy

Tricia
11-08-2014, 18:57
Lucky for us.
Donald

Good to hear your daughters wedding was great. We all missed you but Angus did a nice toast to you all. Hope to catch up soon.

kernewek
11-08-2014, 19:17
As long as everyone is OK. Next time we'll bring one of these.... :boat:

andy63
11-08-2014, 19:37

shouldn't really, but im having a giggle.:help:

tribute11
11-08-2014, 20:43

Sailing will require a more generous donation, part Cairngorm Mountain Rescue, part RNLI lol!

tribute11
11-08-2014, 20:58
shouldn't really, but im having a giggle.:help:

Its OK to laugh about it now. No one was hurt, and I believe no major damage to any van. The way everyone pulled together was really inspiring and typical of the support offered by members of this forum. I am proud to be a member.

2cv
12-08-2014, 13:27
Just home after a great weekend. Many thanks to Angus and Margaret for their fine hospitality. An excellent weekend spent with some wonderful folk.
Ava really is a heroine! Without her early warning I think that we and others may have now been vanless. When Robert came to warn us he was up to his knees in water, and Susie was waist deep occasionally as we exited the field.
I'll post some pictures later.

2cv
12-08-2014, 16:46
A few photos of the meet:

magbrin
12-08-2014, 17:45
Thanks to you all for coming. I hope you are all now safely home and that those of you who were here on Sunday night, and your vans, have dried out without any ill effects.

I'm glad the wedding went well, Donald, it must have been hard to choose which event to go to:juggle: There are a couple of choices below you might be interested in - not mutually exclusive.

We raised a magnificent 321.35 for Cairngorm mountain rescue. Thanks to you all. And don’t forget the good time we had before the water came up.
The flood is now receding, but as yet we have not made it to the tables – which have a good stock of beer, wine, some vodka, whisky etc waiting to be salvaged. Who knows what else we may find ………………………….. apart from some very soggy rubbish.
I have some good photos, but not sure if time will allow me to post them for a while. We are just back from our first trip to Haddington of the week with Fergus.

The bad news is that we have not quite reached the 1,000 we hoped to be able to hand over this year - so we have decided to host a salvage weekend, this weekend, with an auction of the salvaged items. Cost: 50 per van (for one night only). Note: If you think we have something valuable of yours, I am taking commission bids for their recovery:raofl:

Alternatively we are thinking of a Halloween meet the weekend of (you guessed) 31st October. Let me know if you are interested and I will book you in.

Tonybvi
12-08-2014, 22:02
Margaret & Angus,
Thanks for yet another great mini meet - Sue and I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was great to meet old friends and to make new ones. Although we were sorry to have to leave on the Sunday how glad we are that we did! I don't think that we would have been able to have got our van and the toad out of the field with all that water - what a surprise to hear about the floods although we encountered some horrendous weather en route to Edinburgh. We're glad to hear that nobody was hurt and apparently no permanent damage done.
We are on Arran this weekend and away overseas at Halloween so won't be able to make the meets. However we'd love to help you further on the way to 1000 so will be in touch with you by email when we get home to sort something out with you.
All the best to everybody at the meet.
Tony & Sue

magbrin
13-08-2014, 08:40
The bad news is that we have not quite reached the 1,000 we hoped to be able to hand over this year - so we have decided to host a salvage weekend, this weekend, with an auction of the salvaged items. Cost: 50 per van (for one night only). Note: If you think we have something valuable of yours, I am taking commission bids for their recovery:raofl:

You didn't think I was serious, Tony? Although if anyone wants to come they would be very welcome (FOC)
Will discuss further donations if it's too wet (or not enough takers) to hold the Halloween meet.

Thanks for your PMs, and for your concern over our solar panels, Andy. We were holding our breaths and crossing everything but by good fortune/design they are on the highest part of that part of the field.

magbrin
13-08-2014, 08:43
Margaret & Angus,
Thanks for yet another great mini meet - Sue and I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was great to meet old friends and to make new ones. Although we were sorry to have to leave on the Sunday how glad we are that we did! I don't think that we would have been able to have got our van and the toad out of the field with all that water - what a surprise to hear about the floods although we encountered some horrendous weather en route to Edinburgh. We're glad to hear that nobody was hurt and apparently no permanent damage done.
We are on Arran this weekend and away overseas at Halloween so won't be able to make the meets. However we'd love to help you further on the way to 1000 so will be in touch with you by email when we get home to sort something out with you.
All the best to everybody at the meet.
Tony & Sue

I see you've been doing it again - stalking .....................
Join date: Sept. 13. First post - yesterday. If I had known it would have saved me paying up for Facts again, for all the people we see from there these days:sleep-040:

magbrin
13-08-2014, 09:10
I may be in trouble for too many photos at one go, but hey ho there was a lot to show!

Saturday night BBQ

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af169/magbrin/921.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/magbrin/media/921.jpg.html)

Sunday 7am (note the clear blue sky & dry field)

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af169/magbrin/922.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/magbrin/media/922.jpg.html)

Tractor to the rescue

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af169/magbrin/931.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/magbrin/media/931.jpg.html)

Last van to get off

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af169/magbrin/943.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/magbrin/media/943.jpg.html)

3 bar gate

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af169/magbrin/944.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/magbrin/media/944.jpg.html)

The rescued in the soup kitchen at 4.45 - all smiles

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af169/magbrin/924.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/magbrin/media/924.jpg.html)

Our heroine ............................

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af169/magbrin/926.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/magbrin/media/926.jpg.html)

Aftermath

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af169/magbrin/946.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/magbrin/media/946.jpg.html)

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af169/magbrin/952.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/magbrin/media/952.jpg.html)

(must change my signature - unless we want a repeat:o)

tribute11
13-08-2014, 09:30
Great pictures Margaret

champstar
13-08-2014, 09:44
Wow what a drama...I am so glad we left when we did on Sunday...We spent a wild night on the Black Isle with wind and rain but never imagined the scene at Brin. If we had stayed our van would probably have been flooded out as it sits so low to the ground and looking at poor Ian's van we might even have been written off. We are so glad that no major damage was done and everyone was ok. At least the flag still flew until the last...:boat:

Going back down the A9 we saw the major flooding around Kingussie and it looked bad.

On a positive note we had a great time and it was nice to meet a really friendly bunch of people.

andy63
13-08-2014, 14:56
the more pictures I see of that flood the more I'm realising how close you all came to a disaster.. so pleased everyone came through that unharmed...
ian, I really hope your van is ok, looks grim sitting there in the flood.
ta andy.

nightman
14-08-2014, 19:19
Thank you everyone for the considerate thoughts and waiting for me when I was stuck in the field. also a big thank you too Angus the water wader for bringing a very welcomed hot chocolate.to all that went home on S:giggle:unday see what you missed ha ha Iain (the frogman)

Tonybvi
14-08-2014, 21:12
Glad you've still kept your sense of humour Iain! I hope no damage was done - at least those who stayed til Monday have something to talk about, us poor souls who left on Sunday can only claim fame by association!!
Great to see you all again last weekend.
Tony & Sue

tribute11
14-08-2014, 21:57
Thank you everyone for the considerate thoughts and waiting for me when I was stuck in the field. also a big thank you too Angus the water wader for bringing a very welcomed hot chocolate.to all that went home on S:giggle:unday see what you missed ha ha Iain (the frogman)

Bet you were glad you had four wheels not two! (In joke from the meet!)

Glad you got home OK. How is your van? Any damage?

Hope to see you again soon

Jean and Robert.

Woof from Ava :dog:

magbrin
15-08-2014, 12:47
Two trips to Haddington later (taking Fergus to and collecting him from his weeks physio), I have at last been able to get to the debris on the field.
There is still 2" - 4" water lying in Iain & Georges corner. Otherwise it is left soggy, but accessible. Pagoda will not recover, and I doubt if George's solar panel will generate anything ever again, but otherwise most things, including a whole bag of charcoal, are salvageable.

There was a lot of beer left - plenty for Halloween :cheers: - and even Andy's skin so soft has recovered its normal consistency (either that or it emptied, and filled with flood water:wacko:) There is a blue step, some poo bags and a lion rampant (not sure about the flagpole, yet) and a bit of rubbish to tidy up, but that's about it.

I will post some more photos later, but in the mean time, like any good fishing tale, those of us who were there will remember that the water was shoulder deep and filled Angus's waders:raofl::raofl:

magbrin
15-08-2014, 17:22
Monday Dawn
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af169/magbrin/935.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/magbrin/media/935.jpg.html)

Tuesday
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af169/magbrin/946.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/magbrin/media/946.jpg.html)

Wednesday
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af169/magbrin/001-1.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/magbrin/media/001-1.jpg.html)

Thursday
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af169/magbrin/004-2.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/magbrin/media/004-2.jpg.html)

Friday
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af169/magbrin/011-1.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/magbrin/media/011-1.jpg.html)

nightman
15-08-2014, 22:44
HI Jean & Robert not forgetting Ava, for the 3 am call van is ok thanks , coming in a boat next time LOL :boat::boat:

tribute11
15-08-2014, 22:55
HI Jean & Robert not forgetting Ava, for the 3 am call van is ok thanks , coming in a boat next time LOL :boat::boat:

How many wheels does that have?

2cv
16-08-2014, 08:43

Hi Iain, glad your van is fine. We had water filled fog lights (now drained) and a broken driveshaft gaiter clip (now replaced), and lost a grip mat. Thank goodness for little Ava and Roberts' intrepid wading or things would have been much worse. Still a great weekend.

magbrin
17-08-2014, 09:13
Hi, George, I hope you got home safely.

Has anyone heard from George? I hope he and his van are ok.

BTW Sandra(Irnbru) has posted some pictures pre flood, on fun. She has asked me to copy and post them here, but frankly I haven't got time what with twice weekly trips to Haddington with Fergus and our forthcoming trip.

tribute11
17-08-2014, 11:27
I haven't got time what with twice weekly trips to Haddington with Fergus and our forthcoming trip.
Hi Margaret, how is it going with Fergus? I hope he is improving. It's a long haul down to Haddington and quite time consuming but we all do what we must to do our best for our pets. They trust us so much to look after them and they give so much back.
Hope you and Angus have a good trip

Jean and Robert

Barnacle
17-08-2014, 21:41
Hi Margaret,
Why are you having to go to Haddington??? I live just a few miles away from there and if you need a place to stop for a night, I have plenty of room.

runnach
17-08-2014, 22:21
Hi Margaret,
Why are you having to go to Haddington??? I live just a few miles away from there and if you need a place to stop for a night, I have plenty of room.

I was going to post similar, Barnacle. I'm less than 5 mins from Sheriffhall, 15/20 to Roodlands. Feel free to drop a pm Margaret, if looking for a place to rest. Any of us will be more than happy to assist, if required?

magbrin
18-08-2014, 14:56
Hi Margaret, how is it going with Fergus? I hope he is improving. It's a long haul down to Haddington and quite time consuming but we all do what we must to do our best for our pets. They trust us so much to look after them and they give so much back.
Hope you and Angus have a good trip

Jean and Robert

He's improving, thanks, but very slowly, back now for 4 days, then it will be up to a local physio, here, to keep him moving while he is in kennels.

Thanks for your offers, Barnacle and runnach. Our dog is having intensive physiotherapy and hydrotherapy (Haddington is only one of two or three places that have a canine hydrotherapy pool in Scotland) following the removal of 2 discs from his back. He is progressing, but it is taking a long time. Some journeys we have done down and back in a day, others we have stopped overnight very close to Haddington to get him in for 8.30am. We will be collecting him on Thursday, but not stopping, and as we are about to go away for 6 weeks it will be a while before we are back there, if at all.

(BTW if you are unscrupulous and have read this and know where we are, think twice - our daughter and son in law also live here and they are NOT going away.)

maingate
18-08-2014, 15:56
There is also the Council Car Park in Haddington, behind the Corn Exchange Margaret. It would be fine if you are arriving late and leaving early. Central and has nice clean toilets available.

Barnacle
19-08-2014, 04:30
Hope everything goes ok with poor Fergus and that you have a nice time when you do eventually get away.
I wish I had known earlier about your trips to Haddington as I have a cottage ten minutes away that stands empty a lot of the time and it's out in the country with a huge garden suitable for Fergus. If you have to do anything like this again or just fancy a peerie break just let me know and I can arrange keys for you or a place to park the van there if you prefer.
Take care and I hope to see you both when you return from your trip. x.

magbrin
19-08-2014, 20:21
Thanks Jim & Bill.
We may be back once we are back from Canada, Depending how Fergus is by then.

Field is now dry and cleared of debris, although there was more rain over the weekend and we were worried there would be more flood!

Ready for Halloween.

Barnacle
19-08-2014, 21:31
For once in a while I am at my Peerie Hoose in East Lothian and have Jan's dog, Zak, with me while she is away on a mission.
Plenty of room for your dog here Margaret whether it be in the warmth of the house or in your van.
We are all here to help each other and you should know that you are welcome here at anytime.
Take care and love to all from Jan and myself. xx.

magbrin
23-08-2014, 20:16
For once in a while I am at my Peerie Hoose in East Lothian and have Jan's dog, Zak, with me while she is away on a mission.
Plenty of room for your dog here Margaret whether it be in the warmth of the house or in your van.
We are all here to help each other and you should know that you are welcome here at anytime.
Take care and love to all from Jan and myself. xx.

Thanks, Bill.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS