PDA

View Full Version : Bray Dunes

baloothebear
01-06-2014, 18:03
Please note major new restrictions for Bray Dunes

Motorhome over nighting has been stopped from 1st May until 1st September.
The new restrictions will be enforced from 1st July
This seems to apply to the whole Town. The new Mayor(ess) hates Motorhomes - you have been warned

campervanannie
01-06-2014, 18:30
Can I just say that I hope her ears turn into a**oles and S**t down the back of her neck. :lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049:

POI Admin
01-06-2014, 18:38
Thank you - I've updated the France POIs :D

MykCamper
01-06-2014, 22:10
Please note major new restrictions for Bray Dunes

Motorhome over nighting has been stopped from 1st May until 1st September.
The new restrictions will be enforced from 1st July
This seems to apply to the whole Town. The new Mayor(ess) hates Motorhomes - you have been warned

She must be of ENLISH extraction!! :scared:

baloothebear
02-06-2014, 04:34
The reason was due to pressure from the local residents

They were fed up with people discharging waste into the drains - stunk the car parks out - so as usual, the few have spoilt it for the rest

Harmergeddon
02-06-2014, 07:32
Thats rubbish as this is a nice place to stop over. I have stopped here many times admittedly in the winter on my way down to the alps. Hopefully yhtey won't extend the restrictions to all year round.

baloothebear
02-06-2014, 11:00
Hopefully yhtey won't extend the restrictions to all year round.

Everyone will be OK from 1st September. We were talking to some friends who live in Bray Dunes about the ban
They said that there were far too many Motorhomes during the summer months and that residents and visitor alike had difficulty parking
Plus the added business of waste dumping and the new Mayor(ess) decided that she was going to do something about it.

Just as info: the population of Bray Dunes is around 4500 people; during the summer the population increases to between 70k and 90k!

pilgrim55
18-06-2014, 02:13
I say good on her, if I lived there and had visitors who weren't playing nicely I'd want someone to do something about it.

I know it's probably the few spoiling it for the majority but you have to see things from the locals point of view, waste down the drains is just not on and it does tend to hum a bit especially in warm weather.

baloothebear
28-09-2014, 20:11
Further update on the farce going on in Bray Dunes
It seems that the new incoming Mayor is not as silly as some would suppose.
She has proposed a major update for the Municpal Camping. There is going to be dedicated Motorhome parking and also that the prices may be going down. The reason being that the new Mayor does not feel the Municipal is being used enough. So rather than let it go into private ownership, she has decided that the Council will get involved more.
So it seems that the Municipal is going to get a through make over and that there will be a proper "Aires de Stationment" at last - not before time!

Nicol
18-02-2015, 13:01
I would strongly reccomend going to France camping which is not close to the sea, but still is quite wild with beathiful nature. Been there last summer. Camping du Chalet du Bugnon, Franche-Comte, France | europe-camping-guide.com (http://www.europe-camping-guide.com/fr/list/france/franche_comte/3326/)

rockape
18-02-2015, 14:59
Can I just say that I hope her ears turn into a**oles and S**t down the back of her neck. :lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049:
Or may the hairs on her head turn to drumsticks and beat 7 shades if shxt out of her.

baloothebear
19-02-2015, 05:45
Update regarding the "Aires de Stationment"

This has been put on hold for lack of money but the enforcing of the Motorhome / Camping Car ban is expected to be rigidly enforced in 2015 according to friends of mine who live in Bray Dunes

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS