PDA

View Full Version : Water tap at Devils Bridge

Palette
17-06-2014, 18:21
I was really pleased to see the council have kindly fitted a water tap at the Kirkby Longsdale, Devils Bridge wild camping site. Takes a standard screw fitting. I think its been fitted to service the big blue portable toilets that have appeared.

channa
17-06-2014, 18:27
I was really pleased to see the council have kindly fitted a water tap at the Kirkby Longsdale, Devils Bridge wild camping site. Takes a standard screw fitting. I think its been fitted to service the big blue portable toilets that have appeared. Stopped there on Sunday!!!......more likely to service the travellers en route Appleby a couple of weeks back still a few there on Sunday . A month the toilets might be gone? ....Sanitary damage limitation when the hoss and cart lads where there in earnest a fortnight back ....forgive my cynasism.

Channa

Palette
17-06-2014, 18:32
Travellers have all moved on now, last two went on Sunday night.
Your probably correct, the installation does look temporary.

channa
17-06-2014, 19:42
Travellers have all moved on now, last two went on Sunday night.
Your probably correct, the installation does look temporary. Slight change of subject, but just looked at your link, we almost had a wild camping have a try at painting meet, sadly cancelled due to work committments...but? things have changed ...I will start a fresh post and see what response we get if you fancy being part of it

Channa

Croftland1
17-06-2014, 20:29
Where's the tap? Could it be to service the catering van that parks at the entrance to the bridge on the east side?

Louise
20-06-2014, 19:54
I live in Kirkby Lonsdale, the gypsy's/travellers/potters whatever you want to call them come every year, they pass through to Appleby horse fair, usually for 2 weeks either side of the beginning of June. They have in fact moved on now and so have the blue porta loos which have been provided for them. Next time I walk my dogs I will walk that way and have a look for the water tap and let you all know if it's been left or removed.:dog::dog:

POI Admin
20-06-2014, 20:16
Next time I walk my dogs I will walk that way and have a look for the water tap and let you all know if it's been left or removed.:dog::dog:

Thank you :D

Croftland1
08-07-2014, 14:05
Next time I walk my dogs I will walk that way and have a look for the water tap and let you all know if it's been left or removed.:dog::dog:

Those dogs must be desperate to get out by now :-p

Louise
21-08-2014, 15:42
Those dogs must be desperate to get out by now :-p

Hahaha, I don't normally go that far but the tap was definitely there last time I did! It's on the opposite side of the bridge to the toilets!

jann
21-08-2014, 16:48
The tap has been there for a while. It is normally only usable when the travellers take over, each side of Appleby fair

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS