PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth POI - Please Help

Old Newbie
18-06-2014, 12:25
I have just downloaded and unzipped the POI download (after reading the instructions:) ) I have Google earth already on my PC which is running windows 7. When I open the Google earth folder, the file types state KLM, however the icons in blue on the left hand side show the W for Microsoft Word Icon. Double clicking on individual files will only open the Word program which I am sure isn't what is supposed to happen as reading through the other posts i read that the icons should be the Google earth one. There is no option to 'open with' if i right click on individual files. I have deleted the download, rebooted system and re- downloaded but still have the same issue. Could someone with a bit more knowledge than me, please advise me where to go from here?

Admin
18-06-2014, 12:30
Hello,

If you right click on the icon you should get a little menu pop up. Choose "open with". In the window choose google earth, at the bottom of the window tick the box that says "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" then click ok.

If google earth is not in the list click browse and scroll down to the google earth folder, click to open it, then select the google earth application.

Old Newbie
18-06-2014, 12:59
Thank you for your speedy response. I have used the open with option on the unzipped icon, there was no option after i unzipped the file? However, now when i click to open the file, it opens Google earth but i can't find the POI files? Sorry to be so Dim, as you can tell i am not very Techie minded!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS