PDA

View Full Version : Nantycol waterfalls

MalanTina
12-06-2008, 14:23
Hi all thought I'd give an update on this site tho' not strictly wild camping! Was at nantycol waterfalls campsite over the wk end just gone and was talking to aled the owner and the site will be closed from Oct until march for refurbishment! Aled has been in negotiations with the council and after the 40 yrs the family have run this site it has to be upgraded whether by choice or not I'm not sure! Anyway Aled was telling me from next year there will be shower facilities, new toilet block, and fresh water points they will also be adding 20 electric points. He says the price per night won't significantly change from the 5 per night per adult and also after a visit from the fire officer and more negotiation with the council open fires will still be allowed and he will still be providing the firewood for your fire!! so hopefully from what he says the site wont be getting commercialized which would be a shame because if its somewhere to chill out and relax your after this is the spot! :)

chopper
18-03-2009, 19:01
will be going there tommorow for a few nights if its open so will update this post when i get back
we have been there about 30 times and love the place
just hope the electric points and showers and so on dont get to many idiots camping there and ruin it

Polly
18-03-2009, 20:18
Hia
Sorry not being ignorant but the map in my brain (no comment):eek::eek: is not functioning so where abouts is

Nantycol waterfalls

Thanks

rebbyvid
18-03-2009, 20:22
Heres a link Polly its not far fron shell island /porthmadog in fact might try this at easter so let us know how you get on Chopper
http://www.dioni.co.uk/nantcolwaterfalls/
Rob

chopper
20-03-2009, 19:33
just got back spent 2 days 1 night there
still a great location just perfect with the river and water falls
and the open camp fire just makes it proper camping in my eyes
been really hot aswell both of us are burnt

right hes got the toilet and shower block up now
there is 23 electric hook ups in a seperate field
the footings are down for the reception but thats not built yet
going to be a great place when hes finished

the lane down to it is narrow and you will have to take it steady but ive seen twin axle caravans down there
and big motor homes

ideal for a quiet relaxing stop off or a few days
good walks and dogs alowed

and barmouth is about 7 mile down the road if shops and arcades are more your thing

i 100% recomend the butchers shop in the little village as you turn off the main road
steak and the pork or lamb chops is fantastic

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS