PDA

View Full Version : Hayfield 19th - 21st Sept 08

Telstar
01-07-2008, 11:54
I've done it, I've booked in for the next meet. Didn't want to leave it and not get booked in.

Rik, I hope you've booked in because I've asked to be part of your party on pitch 26.

I've been greedy and booked 2 pitches. One for us and one for our 'non-wildcamper' friends. Hopefully we will convert them to this groups activities and fun.

Fortunately they also enjoy a tipple. Rik, don't worry I will be able to assist you this time with your whisky, you'll not have to drink it all by yourself.

Jon

cas
01-07-2008, 14:19
I need to work out if im working that weekend then if not ill be booking, see how far away they can put me this time, prob be in the other side lol

tresrikay
01-07-2008, 17:29
Nice one folks, this time I will hopefully get the pitches more organised. The little Hitler (assistant will be due to leave around then) so the very obliging manager and wife wiil be in total control. The sheep dog trials are just a sideline these days the whole thing is more like a mini summer fair with a great atmosphere, a bar, lots of side shows and a free bus from Hayfield. A cracking old fashioned day out.;)

cas
01-07-2008, 17:33
Maybe nearer the time we could give them a list of names to make it easier for them :)

grath
01-07-2008, 17:37
We are booked at Hayfield for the August bank holiday:cool:

mandrake
01-07-2008, 17:47
nice little spot handy for us will check lindas rotas at work for september :D:D

tresrikay
01-07-2008, 18:30
Booked in at Bakewell for the Bank Holiday, 2 nights 5.30. Or 2 pints of very cheap beer.;):D

grath
01-07-2008, 18:32
Booked in at Bakewell for the Bank Holiday, 2 nights 5.30. Or 2 pints of very cheap beer.;):D

As the bunny is no longer on the scene, it is about time that you took Mrs Tresrikay out with you:D or would you be under the thumb:D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:
Twoud be nice to meet her and tell her all about your shenanigans:D:eek:;)

tresrikay
01-07-2008, 20:20
As the bunny is no longer on the scene, it is about time that you took Mrs Tresrikay out with you:D or would you be under the thumb:D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:
Twoud be nice to meet her and tell her all about your shenanigans:D:eek:;)

SSSSSSSSSSssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh:(::eek: She is coming to the N.F.O.L. meet at the end of August.

cas
01-07-2008, 20:40

Is that the one at youlgreave?

Polly
01-07-2008, 21:37
Hia
Can you just confirm the dates for the sheepdog trails // little Hayfield and the free bus in is it bank holiday or september

cas
02-07-2008, 16:19
Hia
Can you just confirm the dates for the sheepdog trails // little Hayfield and the free bus in is it bank holiday or september

Sheepdog trials weekend is september 19th - 21st

grath
02-07-2008, 17:24
SSSSSSSSSSssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh:(::eek: She is coming to the N.F.O.L. meet at the end of August.

Well, we still won't meet Mrs T as we won't be there:D:eek:
Not quite sure about the Hayfield meet at the end of September as weather could be you know what:eek: and I prefer meets in nice weather so we can sit out and enjoy :cool: and not suffer:eek:

grath
02-07-2008, 20:09
Just Booked
asked for pitch 26:D:eek::D:eek: Tresrikays normal hard pitch:rolleyes:
Seriously I have asked for hardish pitch, not bothered if I am with the group as I can walk and would prefer hard grass (if there is any such animal):cool:

tresrikay
03-07-2008, 18:30
Is that the one at youlgreave?

Thats the One, You coming?

cas
03-07-2008, 18:36

Dont know back to work on Monday then I need to work out if its my weekend on call or not, Thats the one I thought was Hayfield until I put it in the sat nav, have been there before. Ive heard we got 2 new staff so I rang to check my desk hasnt been given away :D

cas
03-07-2008, 20:44

What dates that Rick?

tresrikay
04-07-2008, 18:24
What dates that Rick?

The bank holiday weekend August 23-25, I am arriving saturday, leaving Monday.

grath
25-08-2008, 16:16
Update required please:cool:
Who is coming to the Hayfield meet??????:confused:

grath
25-08-2008, 16:29
By the way, Kath hopes that Cas is coming otherwise Kath will have to practice falling over Guy ropes and wind breakers:D:D
Kaths nose is still sore from the last time she tripped over and tried to use it as a tent peg:D
Come on Cas:cool:

lenny
25-08-2008, 20:03
Sorry:(, dont think we;ll make this one but we'll let you know closer to the date:)

grath
25-08-2008, 20:09
Sorry:(, dont think we;ll make this one but we'll let you know closer to the date:)

Thought that you were booked on??:confused:
never mind though, maybe the next time:)

lenny
25-08-2008, 21:12
Thought that you were booked on??:confused:
never mind though, maybe the next time:)

I dont think I booked on :confused:,I'll check it out, just felt the need to tighten the purse strings leading up to xmas:eek::D,it seems that my biggest outgoing this year whilst I've been weekending is the fuel costs:( but never mind ,It's been a great year and I've loved every trip:).Just booked up for the October meet;)

mandrake
25-08-2008, 21:20
hi lenny we are hoping to go to the october meet, as for the purse strings i tightend them that much this year that they snapped:eek::eek::D

tresrikay
26-08-2008, 18:27
Definates so far.....
Grath&Kath
Tresrikay
telstar(2 pitches, bringing pals)
talking tent,and Lesmace.( mrs Talking tent)

grath
26-08-2008, 18:52
Definates so far.....
Grath&Kath
Tresrikay

I thought that Mrs Tresrikay was coming to this one:)
We:cool: were hoping to meet her

grath
26-08-2008, 18:54

Sorry, just been told by ladytramp that I have got it wrong:o
Not very often that I get anything wrong:eek::D;):rolleyes:

tresrikay
26-08-2008, 19:39

Might be going back for her on Sat morning .... still trying to tear her away from the Bunny.:confused::mad:

grath
28-08-2008, 17:04
Definates so far.....
Grath&Kath
Tresrikay

The more the merrier:cool:

cipro
30-08-2008, 20:23
The more the merrier:cool:

Booked in and will be there friday afternoon told them pitch 26 to join
THE GRAZY GANG :eek::eek::D:D

PS Graham bringing your niosy/quiet genny:D could not resist red wine
on me:eek::cool: see you all in acouple of weeks:)

grath
30-08-2008, 20:28
Booked in and will be there friday afternoon told them pitch 26 to join
THE GRAZY GANG :eek:::D

PS Graham bringing your niosy/quiet genny:D could not resist red wine
on me:eek::cool: see you all in acouple of weeks:)

Good of ya!!!!:D
Can I also bring my Gheto Blaster:eek::D
Look forward to it:cool:

cipro
01-09-2008, 19:25
What is the updated list on september meet:D

does any of the new members want to attend all light hearted fun w-end:cool:

hymercamper
01-09-2008, 20:05
was going to attend the sept meet but just booked France for 20th- 27th so will try for october meet
Rob

Polly
01-09-2008, 20:09
Hia
Hymercamper wher abouts are you in Stockport-by-the-sea because I'm a resident. Well someone has to live here:eek::eek:

hymercamper
01-09-2008, 20:11
south reddish overlooking the park
rob

cipro
04-09-2008, 17:23
The last week or so we have had a few new members
have alook at the hayfield meet.
It is 70 miles for me, there must be members nearer:eek:

This would only be my second meet so new at it my self:D:D

grath
06-09-2008, 07:33
What is the updated list on september meet:D

does any of the new members want to attend all light hearted fun w-end:cool:

Tresrikay has organized this one, but I think you will get arough idea from the posts:D

cipro
06-09-2008, 11:01
Tresrikay has organized this one, but I think you will get arough idea from the posts:D

Cheers pal:D we have a couple more weeks to go maybe get late attenders:D:D

grath
06-09-2008, 19:35
Just been loking at who is coming and it looks a little thin on the ground:(
Come on you guys that live nearby:D

lenny
07-09-2008, 12:11
Although I,m still not a certainty, I have booked up anyway for the Saturday night;), just in case It gets overbooked with the sheepdog trials and all going on:).

So if I can,t make it,there may be a free pitch going for any takers:rolleyes:,will keep you informed:)

cipro
07-09-2008, 17:49
Although I,m still not a certainty, I have booked up anyway for the Saturday night;), just in case It gets overbooked with the sheepdog trials and all going on:).

So if I can,t make it,there may be a free pitch going for any takers:rolleyes:,will keep you informed:)

nice one lenny hope to see you there:D

tresrikay
15-09-2008, 18:42
Right you lot I am reliably informed by Micheal Fish and Bert Ford that the weather is going to settle down after wednesday and that we can expect something resembling good'ish weather for our Hayfield Sheepdog trials meet.
So I am out with Shep at the moment getting him to herd empty malt bottles into the recycling and to tell you the truth its not going too well.
So we expect Jack to be the star of the show Lenny, All you worried about the weather, get booking.

When have you known Micheal Fish to be wrong?:confused::rolleyes::p:(:D

lenny
15-09-2008, 19:30
The slim chance of me attending the next Hayfield meet this weekend has just got slimmer today cos my son (Connor) has just been re-admitted to hospital following his accident last weekend:(. He,s to have a MRI scan in the morning to determine the damage to his shoulder and it looks like an operation to pin the bones back together. I will make the decision later on in the week depending on his condition. Fingers crossed;)

BTW Wor Jack love sheep cos he knows they always run away from him:rolleyes:he will chase them for miles:cool:

tresrikay
15-09-2008, 19:57
The slim chance of me attending the next Hayfield meet this weekend has just got slimmer today cos my son (Connor) has just been re-admitted to hospital following his accident last weekend:(. He,s to have a MRI scan in the morning to determine the damage to his shoulder and it looks like an operation to pin the bones back together. I will make the decision later on in the week depending on his condition. Fingers crossed;)

BTW Wor Jack love sheep cos he knows they always run away from him:rolleyes:he will chase them for miles:cool:

So sorry to hear about Conner, forget comming and look after the lad, My god I hope he is not going to be another Evil Canival:eek:

lenny
15-09-2008, 20:11
So sorry to hear about Conner, forget comming and look after the lad, My god I hope he is not going to be another Evil Canival:eek:

Cheers Rick, like I say "Fingers Crossed" hope to see you all this weekend;):)

grath
15-09-2008, 20:41
Look after him Lenny:) I know you will:cool:

Wee-z
16-09-2008, 08:48
look after Connor
good bairns are hard to come bye

Tony

grath
16-09-2008, 18:29

No, you must come and I will bring my Geny with electric drill & pins:D:D:eek:
sorry Lenny, that was a joke to lighten things up:o

lenny
16-09-2008, 20:49
No, you must come and I will bring my Geny with electric drill & pins:D:D:eek:
sorry Lenny, that was a joke to lighten things up:o

HHmmm:rolleyes:, good idea, and maybe Ricks best Malt to ease the pain?:eek::D

cipro
17-09-2008, 18:15
Only a couple of days to go, looking forward to a break and meeting others checked the weather and seems good as rick said:D
SOOOOO is there any more takers for this weekend:cool::cool:

lenny
17-09-2008, 21:54
It,s looking more and more unlikely that I can attend although I,ve already booked up for the Saturday night:(, so there could be a free pitch ;) if anyone is interested, I know we have members that live nearby and youre welcome to it:).
I,m sure a phonecall to Kevin and Joan would be enough to get the ok.

PM me if youre interested:)

grath
18-09-2008, 17:15
It,s looking more and more unlikely that I can attend although I,ve already booked up for the Saturday night:(, so there could be a free pitch ;) if anyone is interested, I know we have members that live nearby and youre welcome to it:).
I,m sure a phonecall to Kevin and Joan would be enough to get the ok.

PM me if youre interested:)

Maybe next time Lenny, I know you have more important things on your mind.
Hope Connor is well.:)
Regards Graham

tresrikay
18-09-2008, 18:37
Sorry you won't be there Lenny but were I in the same position it would be the same story.
Tell conner we are all thinking of him and hope all goes well with the shoulder.
I shall drink your portion of malt, just so you don't feel left out

So to all who are comming, see you tomorrow night.........:):)
I will be on 26...... well I had better be.:mad:

cipro
18-09-2008, 18:44
sorry to see Lenny is not coming and hope his family is well.

See you Ricky and others some where near 26 should be there
arround 4.00 pm:cool::cool:.

grath
18-09-2008, 18:56
Sorry you won't be there Lenny but were I in the same position it would be the same story.
Tell conner we are all thinking of him and hope all goes well with the shoulder.
I shall drink your portion of malt, just so you don't feel left out

So to all who are comming, see you tomorrow night.........:):)
I will be on 26...... well I had better be.:mad:

I telephoned Joan tonight and I requested a dryish pitch, even if near to the road and by myself.
As you all probably know I run heavy as I carry everything:eek:
Joan offered me pitch 26:rolleyes:Honest she did:D ,but I told her to let Rick have it :D Am I nice or what:D

Telstar
21-09-2008, 08:00
another day of fantastic weather and great friendship. Telstar, Tresriky, Ciprio, Grath and PercyRoadstar present and awake. Updates and photos will follow.

Jon

mandrake
21-09-2008, 08:25
weather is fantastic for everyone there, i live in barnsly not too far away from hayfield .hope they are all having a great time looking forward to all the pics and comments we are planning to attend the last meet october

cipro
21-09-2008, 16:07
Been back 30 Min's superb weekend:D walking drinking :cool: as you do.
would like to thank all concerned for friendly great time and hope to do it again some time:D
Pics to follow as soon as poss will be cert 18 of cause:eek::D

Hope rest of gang made it home safely

grath
21-09-2008, 16:44
Thank you all the Guys & Gals that made the time to come to one of the best meets that we have had:cool:
Special thanks to Kevin & Joan (Camping & Caravaning Club Site Managers)who made us so very welcome:cool:
And to all you Guys that failed to attend for one reason or another, you missed a great one and maybe you will come to the October 31st meet at Hayfield. It would be very nice to see some old friends and some new friends:D

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0918.jpg
The Gang

grath
21-09-2008, 16:45
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0919.jpg
More of the Gang

grath
21-09-2008, 16:46
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/tramperbucket/IMG_0907.jpg

The 5 vans at the bottom were ours:D

lenny
21-09-2008, 16:56
Nice pics,Graham, on what looked like a nice weekend, I hear the weather was kind for you all. See you all in October;):).

BTW Nice Pinny:eek::D

grath
21-09-2008, 16:58
Nice pics,Graham, on what looked like a nice weekend, I hear the weather was kind for you all. See you all in October;):).

BTW Nice Pinny:eek::D

Look forward to meeting you again and it was nice to speak to you on the dog & bone yesterday:D
Elle missed playing with Jack the Lad:D;)
Telstars 2 dogs made up for Jack however they didn't try to hump her:D lol
I think that Jack may need a set of stilts the next time:D;) lol

mandrake
21-09-2008, 17:07
yes nice pics ,glad you all had good weather and a great time we are looking forward to october meet lets hope for some decent weather then ps pinnie looks good

grath
21-09-2008, 17:12
Am I ever going to live that Pic Up A Penguin pinny that I got for Kath about 100 years ago:eek:

mandrake
21-09-2008, 17:19
p p p pick up a penguin for the next meet i will have to see if i can find a batman one :D:D:D ork ork ork :D:D

cipro
21-09-2008, 19:48
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w183/cipros/wildcamp%20meets/hayfield08002-1.jpg

Viewing the show from the top of lantern pike

cipro
21-09-2008, 19:53
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w183/cipros/wildcamp%20meets/hayfield08015.jpg

same picture as Graths different camera:eek: ( but we are better looking ):D

cipro
21-09-2008, 19:55
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w183/cipros/wildcamp%20meets/hayfield08014.jpg

There of the five vans

cipro
21-09-2008, 19:58
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w183/cipros/wildcamp%20meets/hayfield08012.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w183/cipros/wildcamp%20meets/hayfield08017.jpg

lenny
21-09-2008, 20:11
Nice pics,Cipro, they bring back fond memories:rolleyes:, I never got to walk that far:(, I either had the bairns or the wife with me:rolleyes:, well thats my excuse anyway:cool::D:p

messenger 2.5td
21-09-2008, 23:32
Great photos Cipro sounds like you all had a beano look forward to meeting you all another time Andy.

tresrikay
22-09-2008, 18:04
As those know that were there, I was summoned home to attend an imminent crisis at our flat, because, my nearest and dearest had idled the weekend away by deciding to paint the windows.
I was involved in an executive capacity, by overseeing the project via a hastily provided video link.
However, as those engaged in executive management will realise, It became imperative that my presence on site became neccesary, as the weekly visit to Sainsburies had been overlooked, from the weekends schedule and my speedy return to offer a hands on participation, purely to halt the whole project from going pearshaped, had become essential.
On my return, the unflappable man management skills that modesty prevents me from embroidering too emphatically, were brought to bear, so saving the project and bringing it back on schedule. Thereby ensuring a meal was provided and no one was allowed to burgle the flat.

Nice to have been in all those that atteded's company and I look forward to Halloween.

Polly
22-09-2008, 19:11
Hia
Hope you have ordered the glorious weather you experienced at weekend for late October.
Pictures are great
do we have to walk up the hill :eek::eek:

cipro
22-09-2008, 19:17
Hia
Hope you have ordered the glorious weather you experienced at weekend for late October.
Pictures are great
do we have to walk up the hill :eek::eek:

if Grath can do it in his pinny:eek: then I'm sure you will succeed:cool:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS