PDA

View Full Version : Overnight location req

grath
01-07-2008, 18:19
Hi folks.
We are going to York for a long weekend on the Caravan Club site:eek: (good location, by the city walls):cool:
But I would like a wild location a little south, maybe around Tadcaster or Selby.:confused:
Not a lay by as I know many, but maybe a car park! (don't like layby's as too many smelly & noisy trucks):D:rolleyes:
Is the car park still open in Tadcaster and do trucks still overnight there??:confused:
Any help appreciated:cool:

grath
01-07-2008, 20:47
Hi folks.
We are going to York for a long weekend on the Caravan Club site:eek: (good location, by the city walls):cool:
But I would like a wild location a little south, maybe around Tadcaster or Selby.:confused:
Not a lay by as I know many, but maybe a car park! (don't like layby's as too many smelly & noisy trucks):D:rolleyes:
Is the car park still open in Tadcaster and do trucks still overnight there??:confused:

Can anybody help with this please:confused:

mandrake
01-07-2008, 21:21
i dont know whether the trucks still park on the car park in tadcaster or not but the car park seems a good spot to stay. i believe they were still staying there last summer

grath
01-07-2008, 21:25
i dont know whether the trucks still park on the car park in tadcaster or not but the car park seems a good spot to stay. i believe they were still staying there last summer

Thanks Mandrake, I hope it is still available and without a height barrier. Looks the ideal location for our journey.
thanks again

mandrake
01-07-2008, 21:47
i know you dont realy want to use a lay bye but if the worst comes to the worst there is a nice spot in the vilage of saxton it is set back off the road and opposite a pub that used to do nice meals if you come off the a64 to pontifract then take the abberford road you pass the monument for the battle of the roses drop down the hill you will find a pub on your left the laybye is just before it on your right set back from the road you never know the land lord may let you stay on the car park

grath
02-07-2008, 02:04
i know you dont realy want to use a lay bye but if the worst comes to the worst there is a nice spot in the vilage of saxton it is set back off the road and opposite a pub that used to do nice meals if you come off the a64 to pontifract then take the abberford road you pass the monument for the battle of the roses drop down the hill you will find a pub on your left the laybye is just before it on your right set back from the road you never know the land lord may let you stay on the car park

I am not keen on layby's as I am a very light sleeper and prefer to park a little out of the way, even when I was overnighting in a truck, I did not use layby's. But I will look into it, thanks:cool:

mandrake
02-07-2008, 14:50
it is a quiet road realy even though it is classed as a main road also the lay bie is set back from the road wioth a grass verge also there is a small stream next to it with some nice trout in. supper time:D:D

grath
02-07-2008, 16:19
it is a quiet road realy even though it is classed as a main road also the lay bie is set back from the road wioth a grass verge also there is a small stream next to it with some nice trout in. supper time:D:D

Thanks my friend:cool:

wildman
02-07-2008, 16:57
Hi folks.
you mean the one with the noisy smelly trucks? Sorry can't help from here.:D:D:D

grath
02-07-2008, 17:13
you mean the one with the noisy smelly trucks? Sorry can't help from here.:D:D:D

Well, I don't know if this reply was suposed to be :rolleyes: or:D
But on a car park, I would hope to be able to find a nice quiet corner:cool:

grath
03-07-2008, 21:20
Off to York in the morning:cool:
Decided to get an early start rather than going tonight:D

lenny
03-07-2008, 21:34
Have a great weekend Graham and Kath, here's a little song for you both to singalong to on your way to York:eek::D:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jazPcAPhbrw

grath
03-07-2008, 21:37
Have a great weekend Graham and Kath, here's a little song for you both to singalong to on your way to York:eek::D:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jazPcAPhbrw

Mucho Thankious:D

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS